Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th January 2010, 15:19   #21
Reaper
Avid contributor

MG ZT 135+

Im waiting for the tyres as they arent avaliable.... back order.
That or Toyo's and there also on back order....
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 23:29   #22
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

FWIW I have just replaced a set of Sessantas (good), which in turn replaced a set of Kuhmo Ecsta KU31s (almost as good and qiueter).

First the Kuhmos - Not as bad as the previous comment and a very good mid range tyre. A neighbour (ex Rover mechanic) had them on his ZTT & rated them too. Grip & ride fine in all conditons. Definitely the quietest tyres I've had, but noticebly not as sharp in response as the Michelin Pilot Sports they replaced.

The Sessantas seemed slightly better handling and as quiet as the Kumhos at first. Then someone spotted that they should be run at 38/39 psi rather thesn 32/32 psi, so I put it up. Even then they were quieter than Contis. They started getting noisier when they got down to 3-4mm, at which point I spotted the wear pattern differd across the tyres (3mm outside and 4mm on inside circumferential groove and linear in between). My assumption was that it was due to the high pressures, so I dropped them to 35 psi. They also started tram-lining noticeably when on light throttle at around that time. They behaved very well on snow, even when the wear got down to ~2mm. Probably due to the tread pattern.

I was looking to replace them wiht another set, but my dealer and other local ones couldnt get them at a decent price (I paid around £113 / tyre previously when they were trying to break into the market.). Now, apparently due to the £/Euro rate change, they would cost more then Michelins. So I ended up with Bridgestone Potenza RE050As.

Ciao
Kearton
Kearton is offline   Reply With Quote