Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th May 2011, 14:16   #11
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG LEK View Post
Poppy, like Andy says they are sometimes taped back under the head-lining.
On mine (and I assume most cars) the wiring for the visor lamps was coiled up in the side of the foot-wells behind the covers (the one that has the bonnet lever on the driver's tide and matching one on passenger side) and not in the headlining.

You will need to uncoil them, remove the A-Pillar cover (caution if you have the ITS airbags there), feed them past the side of the dash, up behind the A-pillar cover to the visor mounting hole. The plug is then left there so that it can be disconnected if the visor has to be removed subsequently.

Regards,
Kearton
Old 14th May 2011, 14:20   #12
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearton View Post
On mine (and I assume most cars) the wiring for the visor lamps was coiled up in the side of the foot-wells behind the covers (the one that has the bonnet lever on the driver's tide and matching one on passenger side) and not in the headlining.

You will need to uncoil them, remove the A-Pillar cover (caution if you have the ITS airbags there), feed them past the side of the dash, up behind the A-pillar cover to the visor mounting hole. The plug is then left there so that it can be disconnected if the visor has to be removed subsequently.

Regards,
Kearton

Blooming heck!!

Hide & seek champions!
Old 14th May 2011, 14:21   #13
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearton View Post

Regards,
Kearton
Hey, that is brilliant info... I shall get to work in a bit and search high and low for them... Would never have looked there though...Thanks. Poppy
Old 14th May 2011, 14:22   #14
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

hi the wires are purple and black on the drivers side they will be taped up behind the light switch on the other side i found mine up above the fuse box area .the connector was tucked into a bracket on car.i ran mine up the a pillar trims then at the the top you will see a hole to poke the wire through and it pops out the hole next to the sunvisor this saves tucking it under the roof lining and running the risk of putting a screw through the wires any way good luck happy hunting
Old 14th May 2011, 14:22   #15
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Blooming heck!!

Hide & seek champions!
Ha ha ha. What good information though Andy.. Poppy
Old 14th May 2011, 14:24   #16
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
hi the wires are purple and black on the drivers side they will be taped up behind the light switch on the other side i found mine up above the fuse box area .the connector was tucked into a bracket on car.i ran mine up the a pillar trims then at the the top you will see a hole to poke the wire through and it pops out the hole next to the sunvisor this saves tucking it under the roof lining and running the risk of putting a screw through the wires any way good luck happy hunting
Again, great information...... Looks like a long afternoon then...eek. lol. Poppy
Old 14th May 2011, 14:26   #17
beejay
Retired

Rover 75, 04 Connie SE Auto. 2.5

In the footwells, thats where we found mine and then Colin wired them in.
Old 14th May 2011, 14:26   #18
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Hey Poppy I have been thinking of fitting these as well.
Did a quick google and came across this http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=365811
May help you in the hunt for the wires.
Old 14th May 2011, 14:32   #19
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullie480 View Post
Hey Poppy I have been thinking of fitting these as well.
Did a quick google and came across this http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=365811
May help you in the hunt for the wires.
Hiya Wullie, Beejay... That is spot on, i have book marked it.... Notice it started, must come from a 75 that had dark Grey seats....Which mine did before i changed them.... soooo looking good then in my quest for the wiring.. Poppy
Old 14th May 2011, 14:40   #20
baconbuttyman
Banned

the wiring may be hidden behind the plastic in the foot well, on the left passenger side and the right drivers, you will need really contort your self and get a good torch, the hard part is threading the wire up to the A post, i use a coat hanger and taped it to the end, if you have air bags in the A post then dont forget to dis connect the battery for a while first, easy to hard wire them too
Closed Thread