Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd October 2011, 21:15   #11
chrislloydie
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 135 CDTI+ Auto Royal Blue with Synergy 2. 75 Tourer cdti club Se Auto, Royal Blue, synergy 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Could you perhaps at least confirm the digi box is working by feeding its video output into something else? The RCA plug video output is exactly the same as SCART, you may already have a RCA to SCART adaptor, or perhaps a video monitor of some sort with a RCA input socket.
I have a small tv with RCA sockets, I'll try and connect it up to that tomorrow morning to check the box is working.

chrislloydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 21:32   #12
scouseeric
Passed Away

75 contemporary se cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislloydie View Post
Well, I've put the male connector on new loom into the White female connector on the tv unit. Then the original male connector into the female connector on the new loom (toysinyourcar).

The loom has audio in, video in, audio out and video out RCA cables. The digibox has 1 video and 2 audio sockets. Anyone confirm which of these I need to connect?

I'll also have another go at setting it to NTSC.

Cheers chaps.
I'm stuck on this as well Chris, three rca plugs on digi box, and if i get a loom from toysincar that has four leads? Anyone please?

Eric
scouseeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 08:56   #13
chrislloydie
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 135 CDTI+ Auto Royal Blue with Synergy 2. 75 Tourer cdti club Se Auto, Royal Blue, synergy 2

Ok, plugged the digibox into the tv and it's working of sorts. I can view media on the media card but when I search fir channels it can't find any.

So, perhaps I need a better aerial to pick up the signals.

What could be stopping the hiline from working with the digibox, maybe the harness from toysinyourcar?

Old 4th October 2011, 11:26   #14
Big Fra
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Insignia

I've got the small gold dvb-t box and the t-i-y-c lead/harness, I've only had a cursory look at it as not had the weather to fit it. Mine came with a small ariel with a magnetic base, a remote receiver lead and a remote.
I've been wondering about the two spare phono/rca output leads, about whether or not they could be used to power an amp.
Anyone know?

ER, it has!

Last edited by Big Fra; 4th October 2011 at 15:40.. Reason: spelling error
Big Fra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 15:30   #15
chrislloydie
Posted a thing or two

Right, got the box working. However, I can't get a signal from the aerial that was provided. And now ive snapped the aerial by getting it caught in the boot!

So, ive now ordered a new booster aerial and hopefully that will give me some channels.

Don't know what was wrong before, but I just disconnected everything and started from scratch and it worked.

Old 6th October 2011, 23:45   #16
eurorover
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

what box is it as some of them have powered aerials and you will ned to switch the poer on tin the setup menu
eurorover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 23:59   #17
scouseeric
Passed Away

75 contemporary se cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislloydie View Post
Ok, plugged the digibox into the tv and it's working of sorts. I can view media on the media card but when I search fir channels it can't find any.

So, perhaps I need a better aerial to pick up the signals.

What could be stopping the hiline from working with the digibox, maybe the harness from toysinyourcar?
I found that the new loom black connectors proved to be too tight and pushing the white plug into it i bent one of the pins. To get the tv to work i just joined the bent pin wire directly to its opposite wire. problem now is the reception, the set up worked great in the house when i tested it pre-fitting

Eric
Old 7th October 2011, 17:25   #18
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Chris,
have you confirmed that the RCA connections & Aux path into the set are all working correctly? You could do this by connecting a portable CD player into it.

Regards,
Kearton
Kearton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 19:19   #19
SeeBee

Rover 75 Tourer

I had a 1st go at fitting a digibox yesterday using the t-i-y-c lead and failed miserably - got nothing on screen at all, not even the menu. Plugging the car's white connector directly back into the TV box restored normal display so problem must be with the t-i-y-c lead.
The t-i-y-c lead comes from a cottage industry so needs care when connecting, as it may not quite fit. On mine, the plug into the TV unit had incompatible mouldings that had been mostly filed away but still stopped the plug going into its socket so I had to file it down a bit more. Like Eric, I had problems pushing the car's white plug into the t-i-y-c socket and I guess that's why I had a black screen, things didn't quite connect. Presumably that's why sometimes just reconnecting everything solves the problem.
I'm a bit disappointed that a £30 lead seems so hit and miss but there doesn't seem to be an easy alternative. I suppose the correct connectors are no longer available so we have to work with whatever's available.
SeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 19:38   #20
scouseeric
Passed Away

75 contemporary se cdti

Yes Chris, i agree. The quality of these, for £32+ leaves much to be desired
Should have taken Stocktake's lead,pardon the pun, and added the extras myself.
I'm just waiting delivery of a decent power antenna now from a place in Scotland recommended on here.

Eric

Last edited by scouseeric; 10th October 2011 at 19:50..