Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st March 2012, 23:11   #11
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Put "eurocarparts" in your browser, then when on site put your reg no. in and you can find the right sizes for both front and back, left and right.
Just done this and it turns out that you can put in the model details in instead of your registration.

I did this for both the ZT-T 2.5 and the CDTi looking at the brake hoses and they list the same part no. for both models. The spec details included the length, but there were two lengths 546 mm & 550 mm, quoted for each.

If we could be sure that it is the correct size, at £18 each it wouldn't be too expensive to buy one, send it to Furore, and ask then to make a Goodridge equivalent.

Kearton
Kearton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:53   #12
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearton View Post
I did this for both the ZT-T 2.5 and the CDTi looking at the brake hoses and they list the same part no. for both models. The spec details included the length, but there were two lengths 546 mm & 550 mm, quoted for each.

Kearton
The part numbers are the same so should be the same size.
As for the spec details showing a 4mm difference thats not a significant difference.
Wonder what oem sizes were?
wullie480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:59   #13
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

I don't think the 190 hoses are shorter (although I have no proof).
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:16   #14
Unclefista
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Russ from Furore got back in touch with me and pointed to this diagram of a front hose on an eBay listing.

He says it will be no problem making these up and they'll be cheaper than the one in the auction (£18), also he'll fit a grommet before joining the ends.

For the rear he says also no problem, but he needs to know what the structure is in the middle of the hose, the bit that clips into place to support it.

As you can see, it's looks bit more complicated than a grommet, I need to see a better pic.

I'm off to the scrapyard tomorrow to see if I can pick up a rear to post off to him.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5331/6...77671f80_n.jpg

Last edited by Unclefista; 22nd March 2012 at 12:23..
Unclefista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 18:11   #15
wullie480
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
I don't think the 190 hoses are shorter (although I have no proof).
Correct 190 hoses are shorter by about 70mm.
Just measured the 190 one that came with the calipers and it's 500mm measured the one on the car and it's about 570mm (slightly awkward measuring while fitted) so give or take a little either way.
Old 8th April 2012, 10:32   #16
wullie480
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclefista View Post
Russ from Furore got back in touch with me and pointed to this diagram of a front hose on an eBay listing.

He says it will be no problem making these up and they'll be cheaper than the one in the auction (£18), also he'll fit a grommet before joining the ends.

For the rear he says also no problem, but he needs to know what the structure is in the middle of the hose, the bit that clips into place to support it.

As you can see, it's looks bit more complicated than a grommet, I need to see a better pic.

I'm off to the scrapyard tomorrow to see if I can pick up a rear to post off to him.

Hi Unclefista,

Did you manage to source hoses?

I reused my originals when doing the conversion.

The 190 hoses are shorter than standard on the front & I'm sure all the rears are the same.

So I have a 190 hose along with a set of standard ones from a diesel I have been using for parts.
If there any use let me know but I would like them returned or I can take pics & sizes if would help.

Wullie
Old 8th April 2012, 10:57   #17
Unclefista
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Wullie, thanks very much for the offer, as I said in my PM, photos would be very much appreciated
I haven't fitted my new calipers yet, I have a fan problem to sort out first, but soon

Cheers, Tony

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5331/6...77671f80_n.jpg
Unclefista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2012, 11:08   #18
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

Quote:
Wullie, thanks very much for the offer, as I said in my PM, photos would be very much appreciated
I haven't fitted my new calipers yet, I have a fan problem to sort out first, but soon

Cheers, Tony
when somebody does fit the 190 hoses can some one tell me what spanner you use to do up the end that connects to the solid pipe on the the car.as they have a castlelated type fitting on the end
Old 8th April 2012, 11:38   #19
wullie480
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
when somebody does fit the 190 hoses can some one tell me what spanner you use to do up the end that connects to the solid pipe on the the car.as they have a castlelated type fitting on the end
Don't think you need a spanner as such.
The castleated part fits into a bracket on the inner wing and a raiting clip & the connection from the copper pipe hold it all together.
I changed my brake pipes to copper and all I did was hold the bracket to stop it twisying with a pair of vise grips worker for me.
Also you don't need to change the hoses as I fitted my 190 brake set up yeaterday & fitted with the original hose.
The 190 hose is slightly shorter than the original of coarse it's upto you.
I did bend the bracket where the hose is held onto the stut as it was a little close to the disc shield which allowed the natural lie of the hose to be clear of the gaurd I'll post a pic.
Old 8th April 2012, 11:53   #20
wullie480
This is my second home

Quote:

Cheers, Tony
Hi Tony,

Tried to reply but your inbox is full.

I have an idea that may work for both of us.

I could send you a front & rear off the zt I have been using for spares this would allow you to see the ends & connections used,
I would retain the 190 hose for myself but forward you pics & sizes as this is the only difference.
These are from a saloon so will need to have a look at part numbers on rimmers to see if there different to a tourer and if they are will try to source one so at least we could get a full set for all variants.

Also do you think the guy would do a bulk discount as I have 2 zt's everything is twice as expensive

Wullie