Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd September 2009, 20:35   #1
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Default Smokestone leather dye-Where can I obtain some?

:lol: I'm after some SMOKESTONE leather dye and wondered where I can purchase some from. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
ALPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 20:59   #2
Rufras
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT

I got Sandstone from www.liquidleather.com, excellent stuff!
Rufras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 08:28   #3
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufras View Post
I got Sandstone from www.liquidleather.com, excellent stuff!

:lol: Thanks Rufras. I tried them, and also another company who advertise on Fleabay, but neither has SMOKESTONE listed as a Rover 75 colour, nor have they responded to my emails asking for assistance.

If anyone has purchased some Smokestone leather dye, could they please give me the company name and details. Many thanks
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
Old 24th September 2009, 08:50   #4
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Hi Alpaca,

I guess you're looking for dye for the steering wheel? I was too and tried those on ebay including liquidleather but no one has come up with the correct colour for me as yet. Have been lucky enough to return them so not cost me anything.

I managed to pick up a leather dye from a local craft shop in grey and mixed some brown liquid boot polish with it, I have a reasonable colour to smokestone but it's not right

I'm still looking and will let you know and perhaps you can do the same :lol:

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 09:14   #5
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Hi Alpaca,

I guess you're looking for dye for the steering wheel? I was too and tried those on ebay including liquidleather but no one has come up with the correct colour for me as yet. Have been lucky enough to return them so not cost me anything.

I managed to pick up a leather dye from a local craft shop in grey and mixed some brown liquid boot polish with it, I have a reasonable colour to smokestone but it's not right

I'm still looking and will let you know and perhaps you can do the same :lol:

:lol: Good morning matey, and many thanks for clarifying the situation. I'll start hunting around and will let you know if I find anything.
Old 24th September 2009, 11:30   #6
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Alpaca

Are coming to the Peterborough meet if so I have some dye i got from a company in ireland, I send them a sample of smokestone and it's was quite a good match on a repaired wheel I sold.

Stubs
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 12:13   #7
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Stubie,

If not being cheeky and you have enough I'm at Peterborough and would be willing to purchase some from you, obviously Alpaca has first pickings

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 13:41   #8
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Stubie,

If not being cheeky and you have enough I'm at Peterborough and would be willing to purchase some from you, obviously Alpaca has first pickings

Stubie, your offer is very much appreciated my friend, but I won't be able to make the meet, so if you can help Parker out, that's fine by me. Many thanks again
Old 24th September 2009, 13:48   #9
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Try the craft shops and Leatherware places, I actually got mine from a bloke that fits sunroofs. He had lots of colours and he mixed some for me free of charge..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 14:31   #10
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default leather dye

For future reference I obtained leather dye in an excellent match from Bespokeleathering co. via E bay. They sell colours for BMWs but will make up your colour, in my case they did not need a sample (sandstone biege), and the kit comes with a lightener and a darkener to enable you to match the aged shade of your car. Price was £16.95. The e mail address is:
E:[email protected]
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote