Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th August 2010, 13:51   #1
car13
Avid contributor

MGZT road MGZR wifes & MGZS race car

Default Lowering springs for ZTT

As I am aboutto change my dampers on the car, any experiance here of lowering springs and which kits are best buy

Thanks

Pete
Old 20th August 2010, 07:03   #2
newcybrown
Loves to post

MG ZT 190+ 2.5 V6 (KaTy)

I fitted a set of 4 x 25mm lowering springs to my 190, bought off ebay but cant remember from who, tbh there wasn't a great deal of difference from the originals as they must have been tired.

However it did restore the handling and made the car a bit stiffer, now that they have settled the wheel arch gap back to front looks more even where previously the front seemed to sit higher than the rear.

The reason that i went for these was that i discovered a broken rear spring and didn't want to fit OEM so went for uprated springs in shiny red.

Personally i like the stance of my car and its not to far away from original.
Old 20th August 2010, 08:35   #3
matt_tdv6
Avid contributor

04 ZT CDTI & 04 MG ZR Express

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-MGZT-MG-...es_CarParts_SM
Old 21st August 2010, 23:34   #4
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=55972

There are links on the thread for springs for other 75/ZT models.

Old 22nd August 2010, 12:16   #5
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by car13 View Post
As I am about to change my dampers on the car, any experience here of lowering springs and which kits are best buy

Thanks

Pete
MG did their own Sports Suspension for the ZT / ZT-T. (I think this is the original ZT suspension that was soon considered too stiff for normal road use & replaced after a short time with a slightly softer version, which then became the normal MG suspension.) I don't know whether this was any lower though.
If so, it might suit your needs and be cheaper on the insurance, being a manufacturer's option.

Regards,
Kearton
Old 22nd August 2010, 13:41   #6
stanningtonglen
Loves to post

MGZT 190+ Comm Num:ZT000969

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_tdv6 View Post
Hi all, DON'T BUY !! i bought some of these and they were NO GOOD. They made the car LOOK HIGHER and i had to wait 3 weeks for delve. Not only did it cost me to have them fitted but it cost me again to have them removed and it cost £15 to send back Have a look at my post [my zed lowered 30 mm] i had to original springs re-worked The photo is of my car with there SO CALLED LOWERING SPRINGS ON
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GetAttachment.jpg (7.6 KB, 7 views)
MMM i wounder what it is about F1 ? i don't think its the drivers ...The ZED... Lowered 30mm - Drilled & Grooved Disc's with Red Stuff Pads - Full Stainless - Goodrich Hoses - Stainless Brake Pipes - Lexus style back lights in black & Tinted Windows all round..Catch Tank - Induction Kite
Old 22nd August 2010, 15:15   #7
car13
Avid contributor

MGZT road MGZR wifes & MGZS race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanningtonglen View Post
Hi all, DON'T BUY !! i bought some of these and they were NO GOOD. They made the car LOOK HIGHER and i had to wait 3 weeks for delve. Not only did it cost me to have them fitted but it cost me again to have them removed and it cost £15 to send back Have a look at my post [my zed lowered 30 mm] i had to original springs re-worked The photo is of my car with there SO CALLED LOWERING SPRINGS ON

Thanks for that, I had a chat to Eibach who do some cracking kits however the only car the over looked was the ztt oil burner.
Old 22nd August 2010, 20:01   #8
newcybrown
Loves to post

MG ZT 190+ 2.5 V6 (KaTy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanningtonglen View Post
I fitted these springs and yes initially they raised the car by an inch but this was due to my original springs being tired.

I was disappointed with the results but was advised by members that they will need time to settle, although I was sceptical I am now more than pleased with the result, car sits maybe 3/4" lower all round but the gaps between the wheel and arch look even front to back whereas before the gap at the front was more than at the rear.

I do think you were slightly premature in not allowing the car to settle on the new springs.

My car seems stiffer and handles better than before which is what I wanted to achieve.
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:05   #9
stanningtonglen
Loves to post

MGZT 190+ Comm Num:ZT000969

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcybrown View Post
I fitted these springs and yes initially they raised the car by an inch but this was due to my original springs being tired.

I was disappointed with the results but was advised by members that they will need time to settle, although I was sceptical I am now more than pleased with the result, car sits maybe 3/4" lower all round but the gaps between the wheel and arch look even front to back whereas before the gap at the front was more than at the rear.

I do think you were slightly premature in not allowing the car to settle on the new springs.

My car seems stiffer and handles better than before which is what I wanted to achieve.
i have put lowering spring on most of my cars, so i SHOULD AND DO KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR AND WHAT it SHOULD LOOK like and it SHOULD NOT LOOK LIKE it doe's in the photo. that photo was TAKEN 4 DAY AFTER they were fitted. SO BELIEVE ME they where NO GOOD and that was supposed be a 25mm drop . That seller has the same spring for at at £124 so i asked what the difference was and they said NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL. so work that one out !!!!!!!!!!!!. SO PLEASE not not tell me I WAS PREMATURE. THEY ARE AND WHERE NO GOOD
MMM i wounder what it is about F1 ? i don't think its the drivers ...The ZED... Lowered 30mm - Drilled & Grooved Disc's with Red Stuff Pads - Full Stainless - Goodrich Hoses - Stainless Brake Pipes - Lexus style back lights in black & Tinted Windows all round..Catch Tank - Induction Kite
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:10   #10
newcybrown
Loves to post

MG ZT 190+ 2.5 V6 (KaTy)

There's no need for a hissy fit mate didn't mean to cause offence all I was saying is that I had the very same problem and was disappointed too but after seeking advise on the forum the advise that was given was bang on.

My car sits exactly how I wanted it too and is much more pleasing on the eye (for me anyway).

Everyone to their own I suppose.
Closed Thread