Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd November 2010, 09:16   #1
RKDE
Loves to post

MG 180 ZT-T SE+

Default Little bit of help...

Hi,

With me picking the car up next week I wanted to get a head start as soon as I get it by installing the double din head unit, rear windows tinted medium smoke and also to re-trim the plastic dash, door cars and make a set of gaiters to match the seats however I do not know what shade of alcantara it is... it looks a grey colour and I think its colour 2942 OR 2957 ? I am not sure, I may have to wait till I get the car for this.

Also the leather I need a dye to sort it out - car interior below.

Thanks for your help
Old 3rd November 2010, 09:19   #2
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

probably wait until you get the car and drive it as you will probably be better to check if the car needs brake pads, discs, a good service, any suspension bushed, pcv or clean out of the egr if it's a diesel.

I would say they would be the priority before looking at anything cosmetic... People have bought cars so many times and thought they were perfect but then after driving them for a week- do they pick up the mechanical flaws. But that's just my opinion....
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 09:54   #3
BarryH
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDE View Post
Hi,

With me picking the car up next week I wanted to get a head start as soon as I get it by installing the double din head unit, rear windows tinted medium smoke and also to re-trim the plastic dash, door cars and make a set of gaiters to match the seats however I do not know what shade of alcantara it is... it looks a grey colour and I think its colour 2942 OR 2957 ? I am not sure, I may have to wait till I get the car for this.

Also the leather I need a dye to sort it out - car interior below.

Thanks for your help
Doing this won`t make the car drive better. I recommend you drive it for a few weeks initially to iron out any mechanical faults and have it serviced and check plenums etc
BarryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 10:10   #4
RKDE
Loves to post

MG 180 ZT-T SE+

I appreciate that there may be mechanical faults and have spent the last week building an engine of the last car for that reason. I have a good mechanical back ground and went of the car with a fine tooth comb and its in very good condition. Brakes and pads are new all round, oil and all fluids changed a month ago, new clutch 6,000 miles back, air filters all changed, new maf fitted, new bcu and ecu as there was an alarm fault. The car has been owned by a MG lover and for that reason is very well looked after, he has a new one with a bigger engine and newer hence the sale.

It has a full service history and was recently done too, the car is in very good condition, I will show you when I get it The interior has a couple of marks from carrying large things hence I want to fix the things which are not perfect.

I have a habit of buying cars and building them in the first week the way I want them. 4 months ago my friend brought a bmw mini and I took it off him for two weeks, stripped it to a shell then rebuilt it having everything powder coated and all the bushes done. I do not plan to go to that extent with this yet but I need to do the work to satisfy myself.

I know I may seam a bit blasé about the car but I know the problems with it and I want to get them sorted, I know the windows don't matter but it will only take me a day to re-do the interior, fit a stereo and tint the windows. I want the car to be the way I want it. If I am happy with it then it will drive better and I will be a proud owner and look after it, if its not how I want it I may not be as proud
Old 3rd November 2010, 18:25   #5
mcspider
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 1.8 T 160+

If when you have the car serviced please check the water levels daily at first I got a full service all fluids and filters 3 weeks after buying the car even though it purred like a kitten within 2 weeks I had a HGF it hadn’t been vacuum filled it may not have been the cause but from what I’ve read it is the best way not to get air locks mines cost me an engine rebuild so please be aware mines still in being done and the bills well over 2 grand
mcspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 18:50   #6
RKDE
Loves to post

MG 180 ZT-T SE+

so back to the question what is the colour of the alcantara?

Advice on the engine is good and i build several engines for road and race every year so i am not too concerned, i have experience of this engine and the isues and i know what i have brought into. just want to get the car the way i want it - minter

Have to say £2000 is a hell of a lot, I would have scrapped the car and started again if it was costing that much, though I do all the work myself and it would have to be a lot of work to get that high, an engine is circa £500 and a Saturday to fit it... Well I hope that it is all sorted for you soon. I would like to think that the rover mg garage which have serviced it every 6 months for the last 4 years know what they are doing.

I have to admit I am a little shocked to hear first responses like this to a genuine question about looking the material, considering I am trying to fix the little issues I have with the car. It feels quite bad to ask a genuine question and for the forum to go off topic with suggestions while helpful it feels a little off topic. A little support would be nice

Last edited by RKDE; 3rd November 2010 at 19:06..
RKDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 19:01   #7
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Thumbs up

Good on you Richard get the car as want it and as you say it will drive better
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 22:02   #8
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDE View Post
so back to the question what is the colour of the alcantara?

(snip ... )
Hi RKDE,

to try to answer the original question; it looks a bit darker than the standard "gunsmoke" Alcantara (code = WSC), so maybe it is the black (code = WTD) option. This forum page shows all the interior options and codes. There is another page that shows all the exterior colours.

HTH,
Kearton
Kearton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 19:42   #9
RKDE
Loves to post

MG 180 ZT-T SE+

To update this thread, the official alcantara colour is Dunkelgrau and its product code 9052 I still don't have the leather number but working on it. Alcantara is £78 per meter so I look forward to being able to trim the door cards

Thanks for pointing out the interior numbers, not really what I was after but now I have the car I can compare it to the colour cards