Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th January 2011, 18:31   #1
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts
Default gliptone air freshener..

has anyone tried out one of these before? it is attached under the front seat with the hooks provided or fitted under the dash..the great smell of gliptone,very addictive.

recieved it in the post today,complete surprise..many thanks to my mate mark bonsai.

pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 19:49   #2
mark_bonsai
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

You're very welcome

Got one for myself and thought you may want one. Also got the uprated seat thermostats today so I'll send you a set when I get chance.
Re-mapped. EGR bypass. De-catted. 18" Apex's. ZT190 brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harman Kardon speakers & sub. Navall 2 double din through 500w Kenwood amp. Fully chromed front grill.
mark_bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 19:58   #3
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

top man..looking forward to taking a look at the full leather ZT seats,now they do deserve a bit of the gliptone treatment.
Old 17th January 2011, 20:24   #4
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Just thought I would mention these: http://www.neutradol.com/component/v...&category_id=6
I use it in my cars, and I've just got a new one for the Rover. It's quite handy in the fact that it can be Velcro'd into position (supplied with pack) and re-filled. The perfect place I found to stick it was under the dash above the passenger footwell, out of sight and out of harms way.
I like them because they actually don't smell, but get rid of any bad smells! I personally hate that overpowering smell of air-fresheners! So artificial.
Not only that they are reasonably priced, http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165595 where I get them.
Apologies for the interuption..... Ciao.
Old 17th January 2011, 20:29   #5
mark_bonsai
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
looking forward to taking a look at the full leather ZT seats,now they do deserve a bit of the gliptone treatment.
So am I. They've arrived but I've not even had chance to unpack them
Going to cure that on Wednesday afternoon

Giving serious consideration to getting them professionally cleaned and restored. Just depends on the condition when I do unwrap them. There's a company near Blackpool that does this job so I'm going to give them a ring.
Re-mapped. EGR bypass. De-catted. 18" Apex's. ZT190 brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harman Kardon speakers & sub. Navall 2 double din through 500w Kenwood amp. Fully chromed front grill.
mark_bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 20:35   #6
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

bill, gliptone if you are not familiar is the best cleaner conditioner available for leather seats.jaguar owners club,aston martin to name but a few endorse this product.

once this product is applied to the seats the performance of the cleaner and the odour from the conditioner is very addictive.

i had a member visit me and i gave him a sample of the product on his drivers seat,he was smitten
Old 17th January 2011, 20:54   #7
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Default Gliptone

Totally agree. I have the Gliptone cleaner and conditioner, and it's quite simply the best i have tried, and as for the smell, it is very addictive....Anybody with leather seats should give this product a go.
Old 17th January 2011, 21:07   #8
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

I visited a supplier in Luton with a mate and we bought several bottles back in the summer. He did have the Gliptone air fresheners as well and it has one of those smells you either love or hate. Personally, I love it! I gather it is the best application for prolonging/restoring the life of leather seats.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 21:56   #9
Godders 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 diesel auto Tourer odessey blue

Default talking about Gliptone

Hi folks
While the subject is on Gliptone, its obvious that many on this forum reccomend it, ive had a little look on E-Bay and it seems there are many different Gliptone cleaners and conditioners. I have had my sandstone beige tourer for six months and the leather aint in bad nick for a 7 year old car, any reccomendations as to which one's i should start with.
thanks
Gary
Godders 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 22:19   #10
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

I hope Pab does not mind but I have shoved this in the valeting forum seeing people are asking more and more questions, may even try some of it myself now!
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote