Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: South Central
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th February 2013, 21:02   #181
Johnny the Fox
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT Saloon and MGF SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
nice to see you all it took from mk to bedford for my feet to thaw out!
Hey Phil

I would have liked to have been introduced to you, must of missed you in the crowd, glad your feet had thawed out
Old 10th February 2013, 21:39   #182
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

A huge thanks to all, especially to Phil-T4, who did a full days work, on a Sunday, for the members.

Cheers Pete, for organising the meet, although I believe after today, you should take Trebor's title as rainman.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 23:37   #183
kevin75tourer
Loves to post

75 Contempery SE Tourer in Moonshine/220 Coupe's/ 216 Coupe's 420GSI Tourer

Grate meet glade I when and managed to have a couple of words with most people even if I cannot match all the names to faces next time I will remember the advice and storeys I was told and even managed to pass on some advice I had picked up on hear on to one or two off the newer members like my self.

Did not get a chance to sample the food but it was very warm inside, not that philT4 would know as he was out side all day and even mist the meal he had booked to help member like myself that turned up for a check over without booking a slot. I will book a slot next time. That way both me and philT4 might get some food as well ! not that he seemed bothered .

My car past the health check with flying colour apart from the cooling fan low speed problem that I had identified a couple of days earlier. All I need know is for someone near Needham Market in Suffolk that has a two stage fan preferable on a CDTI that is in original working order without a gold resister up grade to pop by a certain garage in that area and remind them how the two stage fan is suppose to work as they say mine is in perfect working order and does not need a repair under their 6 month in house warranty. They should know that needs doing as they us to be Rover main dealers. I was even told that the cooling fan only has one speed ! What a load off........

As my car is up for sale and this issue has already delayed a buyer from coming to have a look any help would be appreciated . It is ridiculous to have to ask this of another member but they insisted that they are all the same so I have to prove them wrong ! Have you ever wanted to be able to beet a garage at it own game off getting out of its obligation, now is your chance to do so. I would Ideally be their at the same time but it is a 115 mile round trip that I have done once all ready to no avail. If you are not close but would like to help I am shore I could cover your diesel.

Sorry go of the main topic a bite had better try to post this up on a new thread.
In the mean time thank to all involved for a grate meet.
Old 11th February 2013, 07:19   #184
harrisop48
Passed Away

Rover 75 Tourer Club CDTi 2.0 2002 Royal Blue Paint JFM Trim LBB

Thanked 1,043 Times in 364 Posts
Default Excellent Meet apart from Weather

Yet another excellent Meet apart from Weather. Well done Pete!! Out of 35 propables looks like 28 definites turned up. Good conversation, great to meet new people. Struggling to remember who is who now. Must have been the cold. Looking forward to the next one wherever it may be. Can someone influence the weather then, kick the rain god into touch. Seduce me, serenade me, butter me up with 10 degrees or more.

Peter.
harrisop48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 08:40   #185
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Hi All...

Well, sorry I have not been on sooner, I had to earn some brownie points with the missus (seriously!! )

I want to thank everyone who attended yesterday.. The weather was not on our side and I feared that the numbers would suffer for it...

28 Cars though!!!! WoW Great turn out with everything considered!!

Another big thanks to PhilT-4... Spent all day out in the cold wet rain and snow looking over members cars for him... Kind of a funny moment when he got a members remote locking working for the first time in 7 YEARS!!!!, Only to find that the drivers door actuator had failed meaning he would still have to use the key!!

So once again, many thanks all.. You guys make the meets as they would not be as much fun without you...

Even with 3 gazebos, I will still soaked after the hour drive home!!

So see you all at the next one... Here are a couple of pics from Bob...

This one is the Rover Seven T

Then a 2002 MG ZT-T CDTI + in Starlight Silver

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.5 V6 180 + in Royal Blue

Then a 2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connie SE

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.0 CDTi + In Le Mans Green
2004 1.8T ZT-T + In Goodwood Green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Petetourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 08:47   #186
stevesav
Gets stuck in

rover 75 1.8T Classic

Very nice pics
Old 11th February 2013, 10:32   #187
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petetourer View Post
Hi All...

Well, sorry I have not been on sooner, I had to earn some brownie points with the missus (seriously!! )

I want to thank everyone who attended yesterday.. The weather was not on our side and I feared that the numbers would suffer for it...

Another big thanks to PhilT-4... Spent all day out in the cold wet rain and snow looking over members cars for him... Kind of a funny moment when he got a members remote locking working for the first time in 7 YEARS!!!!, Only to find that the drivers door actuator had failed meaning he would still have to use the key!!

So once again, many thanks all.. You guys make the meets as they would not be as much fun without you...

Woof thought the pic of him as rover seventy one was hilarious !! but he said I would need to lose a lot of weight if I was ever to going to ride it LOL brilliant pic Bob as usual the cold was the worst bit for most I think but the company as always was superb and we may even recruited anew member !!! it did snow on the way home so petes weather forecast was spot on, hopefully our next meeting will be as well attended in better weather !!!

Mike
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 11:46   #188
75er
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petetourer View Post
Hi All...

Yes I am that man who has waited 7 long years to try and get his remote locking to work (it didn’t work when I bought the car). What can I say? I nearly died when after only a couple of minutes in Phil-T4’s skilled hands and with the key dismantled the locks suddenly sprang into life. I was the last member in Phil’s very long queue that were having their cars in for a T4 session. It was late in the day, getting dark, freezing cold and beginning to snow and although Phil had been working outside all day in the freezing cold he was still happy to look at the car. Indeed he even apologising that the battery was too low to perform all the T4 checks he would normally do. I have never met Phil before but his generosity of spirit in such awful conditions was quite something. What’s that they say about the kindness of stranger? Next time I start to lose my faith in human nature I’ll think about you Phil. Thank you very much.
Thanks also to you Pete for the hard work and enthusiasm in organising the event, it was my first meeting and you made me feel very welcome. Yup the driver’s door lock motor doesn’t work but hopefully that won’t take me 7 years to put right. Thanks also to the other members I met and nattered too, a very friendly bunch. Trophy Blue Tourer, how do you get that much knowledge about the workings of Rover 75s?
Chris
75er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 13:30   #189
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny the Fox View Post
Hey Phil

I would have liked to have been introduced to you, must of missed you in the crowd, glad your feet had thawed out
i stood right next to you if that was you with the ipk and the keys
Old 11th February 2013, 18:54   #190
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Hi Folks
Well what a great meet well done Pete and the gang for running a very well organised event on such a lousy day,at one stage there were so many pop-up shelters appearing from no where that I thought it was a magic show and it was great to meet so many members and their families..
I must raise my hat to PhilT4 for his endevours throughout the day in non stop rain..
To be honest I failed to spend as much time outside with you as planned but my excuse is that being a Southern softy it was far too cold in fact after staying at the hotel overnight we awoke to 4" of snow this morning..
Anyway once again well done all,we will return in the summer for another visit..
In the meantime I hope that at least some of you will come and visit us for the Weymouth weekender in May I cant promise to come up to your high standards but will do my best..
Take care one and all and many thanks
Ian