Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th December 2014, 18:51   #1
75er
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer cdti

Default under seat plug

Hi, any help gratefully received please. I'm trying to sort out the airbag light problem I've had on the car since I bought it and delving under the driver's seat to look at the connectors, I see there is a connector coming from the loom under the carpet - centre console side which isn't plugged into anything, but I can't see anywhere for it to plug into. It has a black, purple, and white / orange leads going into it. I have heated memory which all works, so am wondering if this unplugged connector is my airbag light problem? Reading the forum though, it seems the airbag leads are blue or yellow?

plug.jpg
75er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 19:01   #2
biggles 1957
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6. Copperleaf. Morris Traveller. 86" Series 1 Land-Rover. BMW K75RT

Have you checked under the carpets for water? The side airbags sensors are under there and susceptible to water damage
biggles 1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 19:19   #3
75er
Avid contributor

I don't think I've had water ingress, I think a T4 will tell if it is this is the problem, that will be the next step, just though I'd check out this unplugged socket first.
Old 5th December 2014, 19:45   #4
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

The airbag connectors are yellow, seat belt pre-tensioners are blue. I think the black connector you have pictured is for the seat belt warning light, not used on UK models for some reason.

Remember, there are airbag and pre-tensioner connectors under both front seats. A T4 check is the way to go, I thought I'd got rid of the airbag light twice only for it to return. Brian's T4 diagnosed a defective driver's seat belt pre-tensioner, I'd have either gone nuts or spent a lot of money finding that myself.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2014, 20:05   #5
steveo
I really should get out more.......

None

Default Air bags

Hi Chris
Try disconnecting the plugs and then reconnecting them although you may need a code reader ( local garage to reset the warning light )
Kind regards
Steve
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2014, 20:53   #6
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

That connector looks like its for the seat belt warning light as fitted to some export models
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2014, 21:56   #7
75er
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Hi Chris
Try disconnecting the plugs and then reconnecting them although you may need a code reader ( local garage to reset the warning light )
Kind regards
Steve
Hi Steve

Following a T4 turned out to be the plug on the passengers side (didn't think to check that one as everyone says check under drivers seat). I was also told that the plug was for a driver's seat electric lumbar support fitted to an exceedingly rare car? No I've never heard of one either but apparently the person who told me had seen the switch for an electric lumber support on the seat panel with the other switches. Then again it might be for seat belt warning light for export cars?
Old 8th December 2014, 08:56   #8
carguy143
This is my second home

MG ZT 190+

If that plug is only on the driver side then it is for the seatbelt warning. My 190 has this plug and when I upgraded to heated electric seats, they also had the connector on the pretensioner for the seatbelt warning. I now have the seatbelt warning and mine is a UK car.

It may not happen very often but if I say something helpful please hit the "thanks" button as it helps other users.

Thank you.

No. 16 of only 52 Nocturne Blue 75/ZT ever produced. ONLY TEN of these were ZT 190+

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/263467.png
carguy143 is offline   Reply With Quote