Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th August 2008, 23:28   #1
75er
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer cdti

Smile Advice wanted for Conn SE tourer front bumper replacement with washers

I've managed to crack the front bumper of my pride and joy while pulling into a narrow passing space to allow an oncoming car to pass. I've decided to replace the front bumper with one from a rover scrap yard or ebay. I notice it is possible to get second hand bumpers fitted with the headlamp washer jets which my car wasn't originally fitted with. Is it possible to connect these up to a car which wasn't originally fitted with them? Is it complicated or am I better sticking to a non washer bumper? Lastly I have a pre facelift 03 Conn SE tourer will any front bumper fit or were there any minor variations I need to watch out for? Thanks.
75er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2008, 23:39   #2
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

It can be done but you do need a few bits.
have a read of this thread and see if you think the work is worth it
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 01:13   #3
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandyman View Post
see if you think the work is worth it

Probably. Now it's finally been done successfully, the mod won't be too much of a trouble providing you can get the car to somebody like Keith.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 07:54   #4
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Default Manual operation?

I've read most of the linked thread, and while only understanding bits of it, I continue to be amazed at the generousity, in time, effort and knowledge that members on here display. Fantastic club, well done chaps.

But I have a numpty question.

Assuming I have the required parts, such as the jets themselves, the pump to fit into the bottle and appropriate relays/fuses, can I set power washers up to operate purely on a manual basis with a switch of sufficient robustness (push and hold for "on", release for "off"), without consulting, or connecting to the car's gizmowizardry?

thanks

malcolm
Old 17th August 2008, 07:58   #5
Raistlin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxlin View Post
can I set power washers up to operate purely on a manual basis with a switch of sufficient robustness (push and hold for "on", release for "off"), without consulting, or connecting to the car's gizmowizardry?

thanks

malcolm
Yes Malcolm.

That was always an option when i did mine. As you say, the help I had was incredible but if it had all ended up for nothing, a simple switch would have sufficed. Either that or connecting it to the main screenwash system so it operated in tandem.
Old 17th August 2008, 09:14   #6
rt2
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5 connoisseur se in moonstone manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
Yes Malcolm.

That was always an option when i did mine. As you say, the help I had was incredible but if it had all ended up for nothing, a simple switch would have sufficed. Either that or connecting it to the main screenwash system so it operated in tandem.
The first way would be best but you will have to run in cables for supply & earth.

Second route could lead to voltage dropping as low as 6 volts which may not be enough for the 2 pumps.

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 17th August 2008 at 09:18.. Reason: Fixed quotes
rt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 09:32   #7
Raistlin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt2 View Post
Second route could lead to voltage dropping as low as 6 volts which may not be enough for the 2 pumps.
Sorry, I didn't explain my idea fully

By "in tandem" I meant that the supply which drives the main pump should be used to operate a relay to switch the second pump. Not trying to run two pumps from the same supply.

I'd be surprised if two pumps running in parallel form the same supply would drop the voltage that much though, I wouldn't have thought they'd draw a great deal of current.

Last edited by Raistlin; 17th August 2008 at 09:36..
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:44   #8
75er
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer cdti

[quote=baxlin;223242]I've read most of the linked thread, and while only understanding bits of it, I continue to be amazed at the generousity, in time, effort and knowledge that members on here display. Fantastic club, well done chaps.

Yes, I'd echo those thoughts and just add a note of thanks to those who responded to my question and pointed me in the direction of the threads. The key issue seems to be getting access to T4 and old discs. Anyone offer a commercial service for the reprogramming? or it looks like sticking to a replacement bumper without the washers.
75er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2008, 14:36   #9
Raistlin
Banned

[QUOTE=75er;224889]
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxlin View Post
I've read most of the linked thread, and while only understanding bits of it, I continue to be amazed at the generousity, in time, effort and knowledge that members on here display. Fantastic club, well done chaps.

Yes, I'd echo those thoughts and just add a note of thanks to those who responded to my question and pointed me in the direction of the threads. The key issue seems to be getting access to T4 and old discs. Anyone offer a commercial service for the reprogramming? or it looks like sticking to a replacement bumper without the washers.

Keith will do it for you if you've a mind to visit him in darkest Shropshire.
Old 22nd August 2008, 15:28   #10
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

As has been mentioned above the best man to see is Keith who is a member here and other forums and offers T4 sessions to owners, he has got a T4 and old & new discs and can do the setup of powerwash.

He lives in Ellesmere, North Shropshire, it's worth going to him as he'll help you and offer advice and also sort out some of options that can be turned on/off with the T4.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=12
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote