Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd August 2020, 21:04   #11
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADO282 View Post
I've just read Cliff's link, and it would seem a trading subscription is available from as little as £100 per year, so given that if you (Jamie) can offer all of the things you state, would it not be in your interests, and for that matter anyone else wishing to promote their business, to subscribe at trader level ???

It doesn't appear on the face of things to be an extortionate outlay to prevent any backbiting.
I've sent a PM to Reebs to find out what the difference is between the different levels. Unless anyone else knows? I'll be all for paying £8 a month to advertise what I can do .
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2020, 21:11   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADO282 View Post
I've just read Cliff's link, and it would seem a trading subscription is available from as little as £100 per year, so given that if you (Jamie) can offer all of the things you state, would it not be in your interests, and for that matter anyone else wishing to promote their business, to subscribe at trader level ???

It doesn't appear on the face of things to be an extortionate outlay to prevent any backbiting.
People that offer to do and do stuff for free should not be subjected to backbiting. Jamie may not want the "pressure" of being a trader and is happy just to help out and we should allow this.

If people are offering to do work and then charge for it but do not pay traders rates then a penalty should be faced

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2020, 21:16   #13
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
People that offer to do and do stuff for free should not be subjected to backbiting. Jamie may not want the "pressure" of being a trader and is happy just to help out and we should allow this.

If people are offering to do work and then charge for it but do not pay traders rates then a penalty should be faced

macafee2
Will see what the trader levels are. If what I can offer comes under bronze, gone are the days of free, and I will charge. If the only way I can offer something is to pay, then I will have to charge to cover the fees.
Old 23rd August 2020, 21:22   #14
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

macafee2

I've had a read back through Jamie's posts, and where there are acrimonious exchanges, it appears to be between him and subscribed traders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
Will see what the trader levels are. If what I can offer comes under bronze, gone are the days of free, and I will charge. If the only way I can offer something is to pay, then I will have to charge to cover the fees.

I would have thought that to be the case, it appears on the face, and of course I may be wrong, that any level of trader status means you can offer whatever services you desire.

Of course I may be wrong, but you have opted for the sensible option in asking one of the club directors for advice.

I'm sure most (if not all) owners wouldn't mind paying for such a service.
ADO282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2020, 10:42   #15
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Right, back to where this topic should be now.

Did the car have a virginised ecu fitted and programmed with a T4? Or did it simply have an ECU kit fitted?

Do you have the oil pressure light lit up when the ignition is switched on? When you say it won't start does the engine turn over but not fire? It could be that the ECU issue has been resolved but there is a further issue with fuel pressure.

If the oil pressure light illuminates and it turns over they need live data to check the fuel pressures, if they are OK and the cam and crank sensor are also reporting the correct RPM then it could be injector leakback that is causing an issue.

Last edited by Jamiewelch; 24th August 2020 at 16:50..
Old 24th August 2020, 11:26   #16
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Niall.
Can you tell us if your parents car as an under bonnet pump, if so is it quite or making a noise ? if fitted try taping it with screw driver handle at the same time as trying to start it.

If it starts then see if it will run if not it could be the pump, also it could be HPFP O-rings

Then again an injector could be leaking bad enough to stop it running.

You really need to get it on diagnostics to see if any fault codes are showing.

PS when was the ECU replaced ?

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2020, 20:05   #17
niallb
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

Hi all,
I’ve tried to answer the questions asked and apologies if I’ve missed any.
Finally got the car back here in the UK on the back of a trailer. Took longer as the bad weather caused delays on the ferry.

Anyhow I now have the car in Farnborough Hampshire. When I picked it up in Ireland the chap that apparently was fixing it left it with no ecu whatsoever. I ordered one for this engine from Ebay and fitted it today. The ignition comes on and the lights come on and go off on the dash however it is back to cranking and not firing.

The rev counter rises slowly when cranking the car so I believe it is not a cam position sensor issue.

I hear the under bonnet pump and sounds like previous ones in previous 75’s and ZT’s I’ve had.

My Autel diagnostic reader won’t read anything on the car.

When I bought the replacement ecu it came with the ecu itself (340 number), ews3 unit, what I believe is the immobiliser unit and the matching fob.

So far I have only replaced the ecu.

Suggestions are most welcome all.
niallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2020, 20:11   #18
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by niallb View Post
Hi all,
I’ve tried to answer the questions asked and apologies if I’ve missed any.
Finally got the car back here in the UK on the back of a trailer. Took longer as the bad weather caused delays on the ferry.

Anyhow I now have the car in Farnborough Hampshire. When I picked it up in Ireland the chap that apparently was fixing it left it with no ecu whatsoever. I ordered one for this engine from Ebay and fitted it today. The ignition comes on and the lights come on and go off on the dash however it is back to cranking and not firing.

The rev counter rises slowly when cranking the car so I believe it is not a cam position sensor issue.

I hear the under bonnet pump and sounds like previous ones in previous 75’s and ZT’s I’ve had.

My Autel diagnostic reader won’t read anything on the car.

When I bought the replacement ecu it came with the ecu itself (340 number), ews3 unit, what I believe is the immobiliser unit and the matching fob.

So far I have only replaced the ecu.

Suggestions are most welcome all.
If you are replacing a kit you need to replace the entire kit (ecu, ews and transponder) Best option if you’ve got a kit is to fit it and go to a T4 guy with the car and all the original gear and they can program a replacement Virginised ecu so that everything matches the car. Once you swap the lot and get it started it you fancy the drive up to Birmingham I can program a Virginised ecu with my T4 for you.

By all means I could travel down to yourself but it would be cheaper to fit the kit and then travel up yourself . I could program the ecu if you sent me just the original EWS but I’d much rather have it all in the far as I can then check over everything else too.
Old 29th August 2020, 09:16   #19
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

As mentioned you need to fit all the kit you bought, or the car is effectively immobilized.
Do that and if it still won't start PM me and I'll give you a hand. Farnborough isn't far from me.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2020, 10:38   #20
niallb
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

Man this forum is amazing! Thank you all so much for the support and Mike for willing to come to Farnborough.

So before I saw this latest post I got some easy start and tried that and the car starts but only while easy start is present.

I am going to fit the other boxes now and will update after that. Thanks all
niallb is offline   Reply With Quote