This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, dull & overcast here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
Good morning everyone

The weekend starts here

This afternoon My Mighty Canariess are at home to the Rovers from Ewood Park,so its

"Come on yew yellows lets be avin those from Blackburn, and send them back to the Rovers Return to their black pudding"

Fresh supply of black pudding & some toasted tiger loaf for brekkie

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2021, 07:31   #158452
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Morning all.

Ah, some proper black pudding. Lovely .

Sort of grey and dry here but with a chill in the air.

Well, my bird feeder mending went awry. Obviously my cement was long past it's usefulness (a bit like several of my functions ) and the concrete never set. Off to get some postcrete later on.

Take care.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 20th March 2021 at 07:47..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2021, 12:38   #158453
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Well that was a worthwhile morning.
Off to the tip to get rid of some hedge cutting and a few odds and ends earlier today and noticed the guy next to me at the tip was about to throw a power tool case away so I asked if I could have it, he said of course do you want the broken saw thats inside it as well? So in the car it went and now after an hour spent pulling non working saw apart and replacing a couple of cap head bolts that had snapped I have a fully working reciprocating saw complete with 4 new blades and case.
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2021, 13:52   #158454
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Well that was a worthwhile morning.
Off to the tip to get rid of some hedge cutting and a few odds and ends earlier today and noticed the guy next to me at the tip was about to throw a power tool case away so I asked if I could have it, he said of course do you want the broken saw thats inside it as well? So in the car it went and now after an hour spent pulling non working saw apart and replacing a couple of cap head bolts that had snapped I have a fully working reciprocating saw complete with 4 new blades and case.

Nice one to get a good working tool out of it with a little work Neighbours! two neighbours two problems! I noticed the ivy from next door has got particularly thick & has stated to cover my garage roof & enter the garage, It's full of black fly too that I don't want of my plants

I asked him last year to sort it out & I'd give him a lift but nowt came of it.

I ended up squeezing down the side of the garage & cutting/ripping it out as it's been dry for a few days & easier to do. I filled both of our green waste bins & left a load in his garden too.

The other problem is a neighbour 4 doors down with 11 yes eleven cars blocking up the back service road up as well as some being parked up on the main street at the front of his & other peoples houses.

It's got to the point now where it's causing hassle with other neighbours as the back service road is a cul de sac nobody can turn their cars around, I asked him to shift one (All Volvo cars) opposite my drive a few weeks ago as it's tight turning into the driveway & he moved it no bother but his Missus parked one there this morning when I went out and asked her not to park there she blanked me

I think he must work for a Volvo dealership & if they're on furlough he's dealing cars from home.

What to do!!! report him for anti social parking to the council all these cars are not taxed/mot'd or insured.

Old 20th March 2021, 14:14   #158455
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
What to do!!! report him for anti social parking to the council all these cars are not taxed/mot'd or insured.
How about a quiet chat with the local Police as an unidentified member of the public?

If he has one clamped or towed away it just might change the situation.

Meanwhile it must be a nuisance. Parking in the cul-de-sac where my in laws live needs the turning circle of a London taxi to miss all the parked cars. Never used to be like that.

Good Luck with it.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2021, 15:58   #158456
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Points shared today,Another point towards the promised land,we will take that all day long

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams

Last edited by Georgies Dad; 20th March 2021 at 16:09..
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2021, 16:48   #158457
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
Good morning everyone

The weekend starts here

This afternoon My Mighty Canariess are at home to the Rovers from Ewood Park,so its

"Come on yew yellows lets be avin those from Blackburn, and send them back to the Rovers Return to their black pudding"

What do you mean the weekend starts here? It's a 24/7 weekend for you
Old 20th March 2021, 17:25   #158458
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
What do you mean the weekend starts here? It's a 24/7 weekend for you
But what you have to remember is,us oldies do not get any Bank Holidays off

I have not had a day off since I retired

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2021, 17:49   #158459
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
The other problem is a neighbour 4 doors down with 11 yes eleven cars blocking up the back service road up as well as some being parked up on the main street at the front of his & other peoples houses.
Where we used to live was a cul de sac within a no through road estate, the female partner of our neighbour was like parking gestapo! There were three spaces directly in front of the houses and ample parking in an area at the end. She regarded one of the spots directly in front of the houses as hers . . . . they were actually dedicated visitor parking but if they couldn't get into "their" spot which meant a minimal walk to their front door she was furious. If they had to park in one of the spaces at the end of the cul de sac she'd storm into the house, come out and actually photograph the cars occupying the spaces in front of the houses. Mind you she was an inconsiderate idiot, ripped into an elderly neighbour's daughter for taking up a parking space while visiting her parents New neighbours move in next door to them, the guy came home one day to find a note through his letterbox. He thought, oh, a welcome note from a neighbour, it wasn't. It was a note from her, "don't lean your bike against my fence"! The guy was all for going round and getting torn into her but his wife calmed him down.

I was helping a mate by driving one of his taxis off and on for a while, because the taxi sometimes sat outside the house she reported me to the council for running a business from home! Robin, the guy, was ok when he first moved in, when she moved in with him she managed to alienate everybody else in what had been a friendly wee cul de sac. I wasn't sorry when we moved here after my parents passed away.

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 20th March 2021 at 17:52..
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2021, 18:13   #158460
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
How about a quiet chat with the local Police as an unidentified member of the public?

If he has one clamped or towed away it just might change the situation.

Meanwhile it must be a nuisance. Parking in the cul-de-sac where my in laws live needs the turning circle of a London taxi to miss all the parked cars. Never used to be like that.

Good Luck with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Where we used to live was a cul de sac within a no through road estate, the female partner of our neighbour was like parking gestapo! There were three spaces directly in front of the houses and ample parking in an area at the end. She regarded one of the spots directly in front of the houses as hers . . . . they were actually dedicated visitor parking but if they couldn't get into "their" spot which meant a minimal walk to their front door she was furious. If they had to park in one of the spaces at the end of the cul de sac she'd storm into the house, come out and actually photograph the cars occupying the spaces in front of the houses. Mind you she was an inconsiderate idiot, ripped into an elderly neighbour's daughter for taking up a parking space while visiting her parents New neighbours move in next door to them, the guy came home one day to find a note through his letterbox. He thought, oh, a welcome note from a neighbour, it wasn't. It was a note from her, "don't lean your bike against my fence"! The guy was all for going round and getting torn into her but his wife calmed him down.

I was helping a mate by driving one of his taxis off and on for a while, because the taxi sometimes sat outside the house she reported me to the council for running a business from home! Robin, the guy, was ok when he first moved in, when she moved in with him she managed to alienate everybody else in what had been a friendly wee cul de sac. I wasn't sorry when we moved here after my parents passed away.

Thanks Andy, Steve, I think I'll have another word with him first after reading these comments, He's not a bad chap & at least you can talk to him unlike his missus .

It's just ridiculous to have so many cars & there's only the two of them with no off road parking facilities at all.

He's going to have to do something sooner rather than later as he's also got a 30' double axle caravan parked in front of a garage which house has just been sold & new neighbours will be moving in shortly,

Thick sliced turkey dinner for tea tonight Sprouts too
Another bad day on the PC! Windows bleddy 10 again Aarrgghh I hate the flamin thing, I've got rid of that OS on all my other PC's for Linux & Ubuntu but only have it on my gaming PC. Today it had a number of cumulative updates & now it freezes, blue screens & wont boot up and is on a loop of trying to boot up every two seconds , I cant even boot into safe mode to troubleshoot or system restore, I've just opened a bottle of Henry's to chill & will leave it for another day otherwise I'll end up doing something I regret