Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th June 2011, 15:34   #1
75er
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer cdti

Default 7 digit postcode search on Sat Nav

Hi, I've just upgraded the software and put in the latest BMW 2011 map disc in my Mk 4 Sat nav / Hi Line unit system. A couple of issues firstly, although the Sat nav is in English the TV and car warning messages have reverted to a foreign language. Reading the posts here this would seem to be a T4 job to reconfigure the car, is this right?

Secondly, the main reason I upgraded was to get the 7 didgit postcode search ability, but I don't seem to be able to access this. The instructions I'm following are;

-Go to navigation
-select information from the menu
-select info on city from menu
-then select search (it is at this point the screen just goes blank)
-then select travel
-then select Uk postcode

If anyone is using the later BMW map disc and has access to the 7 didgit search facility and knows how it works I'd appreciate any help. Should you be able to input the 7 didgit postcode directly into the first "destination input" screen?

Thanks
75er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 18:32   #2
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75er View Post
Hi, I've just upgraded the software and put in the latest BMW 2011 map disc in my Mk 4 Sat nav / Hi Line unit system. A couple of issues firstly, although the Sat nav is in English the TV and car warning messages have reverted to a foreign language. Reading the posts here this would seem to be a T4 job to reconfigure the car, is this right?

Secondly, the main reason I upgraded was to get the 7 didgit postcode search ability, but I don't seem to be able to access this. The instructions I'm following are;

-Go to navigation
-select information from the menu
-select info on city from menu
-then select search (it is at this point the screen just goes blank)
-then select travel
-then select Uk postcode

If anyone is using the later BMW map disc and has access to the 7 didgit search facility and knows how it works I'd appreciate any help. Should you be able to input the 7 didgit postcode directly into the first "destination input" screen?

Thanks
Afaik you will have to turn on the speed camera database in the settings menu to get the language to revert to english.

The 7 digit UK postcode search is in information/travel information/info on city/search/travel/UK postcodes/search. One point I would mention the 2011 map I've got I have to input the post code without the gap for it to be able the find the location.

Hope that's a help - same system got me currently out to the South of France

Edit: read your post again - you have to enter a city for the search to work, doesn't matter which one.

Jim

Last edited by J1MBO; 14th June 2011 at 18:39.. Reason: further information
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 09:43   #3
75er
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Afaik you will have to turn on the speed camera database in the settings menu to get the language to revert to english.

The 7 digit UK postcode search is in information/travel information/info on city/search/travel/UK postcodes/search. One point I would mention the 2011 map I've got I have to input the post code without the gap for it to be able the find the location.

Hope that's a help - same system got me currently out to the South of France

Edit: read your post again - you have to enter a city for the search to work, doesn't matter which one.

Jim
Thanks Jim. Yes I did go into the speed camera database and changed the language to English and althougth it changed the sat nav to English it didn't revert the TV or car language back to English. Oddly the TMC information on the sat nav is in french, even though the rest of the sat nav is English. I'm hoping a T4 session will revert everything back to English.

I'm beginning to think I have a slightly faulty map disc. I did put in a city to search for, but it still freezes at the same point each time ie info on city/ search (screen freezes), although everything else on the disc seems to work okay. I'll just have to try another disc I guess for the upgraded postcode search. The new disc does have a few extra features my older 06 disc didn't have. Pleased you found the discs work abroad okay.

chris
75er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 16:30   #4
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75er View Post
Thanks Jim. Yes I did go into the speed camera database and changed the language to English and althougth it changed the sat nav to English it didn't revert the TV or car language back to English. Oddly the TMC information on the sat nav is in french, even though the rest of the sat nav is English. I'm hoping a T4 session will revert everything back to English.

I'm beginning to think I have a slightly faulty map disc. I did put in a city to search for, but it still freezes at the same point each time ie info on city/ search (screen freezes), although everything else on the disc seems to work okay. I'll just have to try another disc I guess for the upgraded postcode search. The new disc does have a few extra features my older 06 disc didn't have. Pleased you found the discs work abroad okay.

chris
Hi Chris

Try doing the reverse, ie turning off the speed cameras might well sort the problem out - it did with mine. Just as a point of interest what version are you running on the mk4 can make a difference to how it performs.

Had a nice run to Roses, Spain today loads of sun 31deg good lunch and a bottle of the local vino. On a stop on the way back the dvd refused to continue to navigate - think it had overheated, removed from mk4 and reinserted it seemed to solve the problem.

Cheers
Jim
Old 15th June 2011, 16:44   #5
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Chris just a thought see you're in Manchester, I'm in only in Handforth when I get back from France it wouldn't be a problem to pop round and see if we could sort it out together.

Cheers
Jim