Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd August 2020, 16:50   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default just call me half a job

For the first 7 weeks or so of lock down I removed and refitted both the front and rear suspension. The car has sat another 2 months sorned on the drive.
This morning I went to get the front and rear tracking done.
Knock, knock. What's that? Went home and spent two hours checking every nut and bolt I could think of that I removed, finally I got to the off side rear caliper. I had not tightened them up and the caliper was knocking.

Off I went no knocking but all 4 wheels needed resetting. Have been advised to go back I a couple of months for a free check as the bushes that have been replaced may have loosened up a bit.

Was a real pleasure to drive the car again.

How did I forget these bolts????

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2020, 18:36   #2
Mark Murphy
Regular poster

Rover 75, and Mg zt 1.8T

Easily done, maybe you got distracted by someone, or finding tools etc, tiredness, hot weather etc.
Mark Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2020, 00:53   #3
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Ian is a 'Half a job'

Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2020, 03:53   #4
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Sorry to take this off on a bit of a tangent. macafee2, I know that you didn't leave the job unfinished intentionally but it very much reminded me of the last couple of years of my career before my retirement and this is the only chance I have had to vent!

I used to work as a school district locksmith with a guy like that. For reasons known only to him he would never complete a job. He would always leave some little thing undone (set screws not tightened, trim not attached etc.) I suppose that he intended to go back when the other trades had done their thing and check the fitment and do the finishing touches, but he never did. It used to drive me insane as I would get the call-backs (as they knew the job would get done if I was sent!) I was constantly fixing little left-overs from him. If nothing else it cemented my reputation as the guy that got things done, but I wish I could have done that without having to do his work as well as my own!
He retired a year before me and I am sure my replacement will be running across his almost finished jobs for years to come!
Thanks for giving me this chance to vent. My wife has stopped listening!