Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The Midlands
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th March 2011, 21:56   #1
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts
Default International Nano Meet 16th/17th July

This is not an official Club meet and the owners cannot be held responsible for the organisation or otherwise of this event and it is not covered by the clubs insurance

The date has now been confirmed for the first ever International Nano-Meet weekend ( Jurgen is coming so that makes it international )

It will be 16th / 17th July 2011.

The venue will be:- Four Ashes Inn, Wolverhampton, WV10 7DG. Please note that although this has a Wolverhampton address and post code, it is actually several miles outside Wolverhampton on the A449 Stafford Road and is a very nice country pub

There is ample space to pitch tents and site caravans. We will also have the use of the shower / changing rooms facilities. Staying on site is completely free of charge, as always, but the pub landlord would be pleased to see us in the bar and restaurant. Trust me, it's no great imposition

Sleeping in the back of the car is also acceptable if you must

Some will prefer a decent bed and you can easily find accommodation close by. There are several motels and even a very pleasant and reasonably priced B & B, just ask if you cannot locate anywhere

Perhaps first arrivals could plan to be there late afternoon on Friday 15th July with a view to the ritual of communal tent erection to take place from then onwards. I feel sure one or two of "The Usual Suspects" will be there as well The bar and restaurant will be open and although there is no planned event for the Friday evening, there are worse places to spend it

There will be a meal on the Saturday evening in the pub's restaurant as a get together and we hope as many as possible will join us for dinner that evening.

The nano-meet format is usually to have the working day on the Sunday and this will be the case for the first ever National Nano-Meet but what we do on the Saturday is going to be very much governed by the needs and preferences of those attending.

We can work on cars as per the Sunday, if longer tasks are envisaged perhaps (for example, a complete Ultimate Remote installation could be easily done in two days).

OR, we can go out for a drive. Black country museum, Blist's Hill, Cadbury World, Banks's brewery, Severn Valley Railway etc., are all within easy reach.

OR, we can mix the two, depending on what people want to do. Possibly with some going out for a drive and perhaps keeping the children happy while some get on with working on cars. Entirely up to you folks

YES, children are welcome but remain the responsibility of the owners In fact, Ben's girls could well be considered nano-meet veterans

We would be expecting to finish on the Sunday by no later than 6:00 pm (ish)

On an event of this magnitude, we cannot provide catering but the pub will be open of course, and there are other places locally which we can direct you to ( for those who fancy a hearty breakfast there is a transport cafe only a couple of mile away and plenty of takeaways within easy reach.The proprietor of the pub has a BBQ in the grounds and that may also be running over the weekend.

For those of you who do not know the philosophy behind the nano-meet, a search for "nano meet " should provide sufficient details.

The nano-meets are independent of, but draw their attendees from, the Rover 75 MGZT forums. There are NO qualifications to attend but it is probably a good idea to like the marque

Very briefly, the event exists to enable people to work on their cars with the added confidence of knowing that there are people around who will be able to help and possibly advise. However, each owner is responsible for his or her own car So just how much you allow the enthusiastic nutters with the tools to rip your car apart is entirely up to you.

It's a bit like a mate from the house next door giving you a hand on a Sunday afternoon.

Having said that, some of the more involved things that we can do might mean that you get your car worked on for you while you either help or go and help with somebody else's pride and joy Things like fitting powerfold mirrors needing to be done, at least partially, mob-handed.

There will be at least one T4 at the meet (hopefully two) and the operator(s) will do what they can but please give them a break folks it can be pretty intensive and they would appreciate some down-time

Finally. There is but one rule which we have more or less adhered to from the first ever nano-meet NO OILY BITS For example, an engine and transmission change might be a tad out of scope

That's a basic introduction to the nano-meet philosophy

We hope to have a considerable amount of hard-standing to work on but unless the car needs to be jacked up, most tasks can be done if the car is parked on the grass.

So, what we need now is names of people attending. You can attend all or part of the weekend but please let me know.

Also, if you have something specific planned for your car please also let us know so that specific skills, tools, etc., can be available.

As always, please make a post in the thread with as much info as you think we need and I will update the master list in this post

We've never tried this before and don't know how it will pan out, but if other nano-meets are a yardstick, it'll certainly be fun

OK, here we go:-

All Weekend ( Fri -Sun or Sat - Sun ):
Trebor
Jake
Wide Load
Devilish
Wooleysox
Wolves 75
JohnWH74 & Amy
Mr Edd
Andi Willi + swmbo
SteveMac
Jonno12
chrislloydie + 3 and a dog
Scouse1958
Stocktake
MarkD3

Saturday:
Stubie ( maybe )
Arctic ( maybe )

Sunday:
Stubie
Arctic
Russell Brown
teabag
imc
Flying Banana
Roving Dennis
75er

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 10th July 2011 at 13:23..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 22:00   #2
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Stubie - Sunday (perhaps Saturday)

Stubs
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 22:07   #3
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

We must Fly the Flag and All day sat And sun

Last edited by woolleysox; 28th March 2011 at 08:50..
woolleysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 22:24   #4
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Errrr let me think.......
Old 27th March 2011, 23:32   #5
Jake
Banned

2004 75 Contemporary SE Tourer, 2005 (55) Pearl Black Conn. SE Tourer.

All weekend please Rob if I am allowed.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 00:16   #6
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Rob.
Saturday evening (maybe) But Sunday and definite x 3 & one dog if allowed ideal for me only 15 mins down the road, will be bringing the few items i have that someone may want to purchase from me.

Set of Leather sandstone headrests, sandstone rear arn rest with combined cup holder. rear central cup holder, rear Mk I mudflaps with clips which can be fitted on the day. Set of sandstone carpet mats, Torpedo front door badges 2.0CDT with modified i also 25mm spyhole rubber bungs free if need pleanty of cable ties also if any needed. cant wait hope someone can help or take a look at my spongy brake pedal.
All The Best to All Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 28th March 2011 at 13:29..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 08:28   #7
WIDE LOAD
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi, MGF 1.8i

I'll be there somewhere.
WIDE LOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 08:43   #8
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

I told you not to mention HIM Victor
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 09:04   #9
WIDE LOAD
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi, MGF 1.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Diesels View Post
I told you not to mention HIM Victor
Anti radar paint, turbo charged, JJ nobody can stop us now, NOBODY! Dum Dum Dum!

watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZcGA...eature=related possibly the funniest outakes I'VE ever seen.
WIDE LOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 09:25   #10
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDE LOAD View Post
Anti radar paint, turbo charged, JJ nobody can stop us now, NOBODY! Dum Dum Dum!

watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZcGA...eature=related possibly the funniest outakes I'VE ever seen.
Yep those & these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UayutTguzI

Sorry about the hijack
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote