Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th July 2021, 21:45   #11
Alex D
Regular poster

1999 Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE, 1998 Rover 825 Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX52 HKY View Post
Is this the Y plate at Porters? He's reduced it AGAIN.... I need money, quick haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It certainly is. A very nice car, although if I bought it the silly exhausts and Vitesse badge would be coming off straight away.

I've been trying to persuade my Grandad to replace his 2014 Toyota Yaris with it as he was quite impressed when I showed it him last week but I'm not having much luck!

It started off at £2995 now at £2000. It's fast becoming a bargain!

Also, how's my old car? Done anymore jobs on it?
Alex D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2021, 21:49   #12
AX52 HKY
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
It certainly is. A very nice car, although if I bought it the silly exhausts and Vitesse badge would be coming off straight away.

I've been trying to persuade my Grandad to replace his 2014 Toyota Yaris with it as he was quite impressed when I showed it him last week but I'm not having much luck!

It started off at £2995 now at £2000. It's fast becoming a bargain!

Also, how's my old car? Done anymore jobs on it?

I'd agree with the exhausts, but I sort of like that badge.... it's different! Just needs some TLC

Well your old car has been refusing to start quite a bit! It seems to like to have more than 1/4 tank of fuel at all times, it'll need brakes and a damn good engine flush too, as the tappets are clattering like mad when you try to get a shift on! Still providing reliable, comfortable daily transport, but wishing the air con was working today....
Old 20th July 2021, 22:06   #13
Alex D
Regular poster

1999 Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE, 1998 Rover 825 Sterling

Yes James said about it having trouble to start when I rang up about my alternator, which really surprised me as I've never had any trouble.

Several people have told me you should always keep a 75 above 1/4 of a tank but I can't remember exactly why. I think it's to do with the in tank pump?

I imagine it gets a bit warm in there without the air con in weather like this! As I bought the car in August and sold it at the beginning of May it wasn't too much of a issue.

We tried to re gas the air con at work not long after I bought it, and if I remember correctly a pipe has rubbed through.
Alex D is offline   Reply With Quote