Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th March 2019, 09:28   #1
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Default Question about Club membership

It doesn't matter in the least but I've always been curious about the large number of people who join the club on a daily basis as evidenced on the Windrush forum.

Daily totals are rarely less than about 4 or 5 and quite often 8 or 9 a day.

Whilst this is a good thing surely there can't be that many people who either have a 75 or ZT or are intending to get one especially with numbers of the models on the road diminishing with every year.

All are quite rightly welcome but is it just a case that loads of people are interested in the marque and models without any intention of getting one and like to look in and observe, and nothing wrong with that of course, and where exactly do all the new members go as it is seems normally only the relative few who venture into ownership who quite naturally will pop up asking questions or for advice or help.

None of it really matters but I am genuinely surprised and curious as to the continuing constant flow of people joining the forum on a daily basis.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 09:48   #2
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Sorry to be sceptical but I am given to thinking that some new members come on here because they have an MG/Rover and need advice on problems they might have with their cars.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 09:52   #3
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Someone buy a cheap 75 or ZT.
Car develops problems so they then google it and find a post on here, they then find they cant view the threads unless they register. So they register, then read the threads and leave never to be seen again.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 09:56   #4
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Isn't that the way a lot of us found the club? I suppose only a few with a real interest will stay and become a part of the community and those who maybe don't have the same affection simply learn how to keep their transport running and don't look in until the next time they're needing help. At least they're looking to keep the cars running!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 10:06   #5
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Exactly the same with Facebook groups, some don’t have a 75 or ZT. I’m in a load of Facebook groups that cover Ford 100E, Anglia 105E, Hillman Imp and lots of Citroen ones too purely because it’s cars from my era and I’m interested in them
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 13:50   #6
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
Exactly the same with Facebook groups, some don’t have a 75 or ZT. I’m in a load of Facebook groups that cover Ford 100E, Anglia 105E, Hillman Imp and lots of Citroen ones too purely because it’s cars from my era and I’m interested in them
The sad thing is that many who pop up on the Facebook groups don't have the foggiest idea about this club and repeat the same old questions about leaks and air bag lights etc. Better that they do Google the problem and end up here, at least there's a chance they will realise that a tenner a year will be the cheapest and best investment in their new MGR that they are likely to see.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 13:53   #7
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
Someone buys a cheap 75 or ZT.
Car develops problems so they then google it and find a post on here, they then find they cant view the threads unless they register.
That's pretty much true Alan, except our forum is open for the most part for anyone to read regardless of whether they are registered or not.

The exceptions being the How-To sub forums, Club Website and Forum Feedback area, and the Subscribed members section of course.

So they only need to register really if they want to post, or access the How-To's

The bulk of our new members do indeed own 75s or ZTs as they are required to fill in their car model in the registration process, some of course are potential owners and want to join to gather as much info on the car as possible.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 14:22   #8
SIB01

Rover 75 Tourer

As a relatively new member here, here's why I joined.

I recently looked into (and subsequently purchased) a Rover 75 2.5 V6. While doing my research on known issues, etc most of the Google searches led me to this forum so I was well aware of it's existance. Seeing the wealth of knowledge here, I joined after purchasing the car too so I can actively particpate as well as just "take" knowledge from existing members.
SIB01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 23:25   #9
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

I have joined forums in the past just to ask specific questions about a vehicle I am fixing for family or friends.

Once sorted they won't hear from me again unless I get another problem to sort as I have no interest in that marque.

These cars are different though, and so is this forum.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2019, 05:28   #10
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

The time, effort and money I have saved by being a member is enormous.

Best example is the £500 odd quotes for repairs to a dented front passenger door I came back to after parking up for a while.

Put out a call on here for a Trophy Blue replacement door and was offered one for £40. It was brought down to me by a fellow club member!

Another example - steering rack went - good s/h replacement sourced from the excellent used spare parts Traders on here. Saved a considerable sum.

Because of the knowledge and expertise of the Traders on here I have given up sourcing parts from breakers. Too many times I have spent time and effort taking a part off a vehicle only to find it was not much better than the one I needed to replace

I recommend using the guys on here - they check the parts out and provide an excellent service.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote