Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th May 2019, 09:36   #21
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I would hope 8 out of 10 cats gets pulled too. I wouldnt be surprised if Jimmy Carr had something to say about it.
Old 11th May 2019, 09:57   #22
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I can only guess performing chimps etc have been common place for many years.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Old 11th May 2019, 11:08   #23
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Well there's a thing, never having uttered a coherent word, Archie is now well above the likes of Baker on the respectability ladder, not a bad start.
Old 11th May 2019, 12:17   #24
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Well there's a thing, never having uttered a coherent word, Archie is now well above the likes of Baker on the respectability ladder, not a bad start.

As would a Chimp, I suspect.
Old 11th May 2019, 12:38   #25
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit View Post
Well, what a coincidence or not! Tonight's Have I Got News for You (Episode 6) seems to have been pulled.Even the internet listing of the series now jumps from Episode 5 to next week Episode 7. That show's inimical irreverent style that might have discussed this item of news that may have been too much to show. Instead an old Would I Lie To You put in its place. Of course there could be another reason.

I now see it is claimed the show would have fallen foul of European elections rules. I liked my conspiracy theory best.

Difficult to accurately describe the extent of the BBC’s hypocrisy, it seems to veer from one extreme to another. Any other.

Question Time and This Week are for more irreverent than HIGNY, although not breaking similar rules. It was probably the involvement of Heidi Allen (government minister) and the likelihood of her being baited by the two regulars. Although of course they did not pull Question Time with a certain NF in prominent position. Curious management, he is of course a candidate whereas Allen is not.

Why they made a fuss about not showing the photo in question in the first place was more signal virtue waving than anything else. That and the fact that Baker was on their staff no doubt contributed, which would predictably have led to howls from all those other sandal shod baying disciples. We are now stuffed with nonentities dictating what they think we are thinking. Baker has now grovelled, so 6 months? A year?
Old 11th May 2019, 17:04   #26
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit View Post
Well, what a coincidence or not! Tonight's Have I Got News for You (Episode 6) seems to have been pulled.Even the internet listing of the series now jumps from Episode 5 to next week Episode 7. That show's inimical irreverent style that might have discussed this item of news that may have been too much to show. Instead an old Would I Lie To You put in its place. Of course there could be another reason.

I now see it is claimed the show would have fallen foul of European elections rules. I liked my conspiracy theory best.

We need to be careful as it is not "European election rules" but "Ofcom (UK Telecomms & Media Regulator) rules " about impartiality ahead of elections (in this case it happens to be EU elections).

We would not want your innocent wording to lead to the usual anti-BBC right-wing self-styled protectors of mankind's rights from the "left-wing BBC" go on their usual attacks. Although, sadly, material facts do not usually hinder such fine people!
Old 12th May 2019, 21:46   #27
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Thread closed, this has run its course.
Closed Thread