Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th July 2019, 16:06   #31
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Last Bump for the National this Sunday, anymore takers?
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2019, 17:42   #32
DRWMGTF
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur, Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Last Bump for the National this Sunday, anymore takers?
Good evening Paul,
I would like to attend on Sunday but unfortunately I wont be able to bring my Rover 75 as I am not at home at the moment.
Looking forward to Sunday.
Regards David
DRWMGTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2019, 13:22   #33
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts
Default 28th Owners Club National Meet

Was going to give the car a wipe over this afternoon with an oily rag, but weather is bucketing it down, so will just let the heavy rain clean the car, and hopefully driving it tomorrow will get all the rain off

Looking forward to the meet.

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2019, 16:21   #34
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Was looking like Jean and me might not make the meet.

I've had a viral infection for some time that I couldn't shake off which finally went onto my chest making my breathing very laboured. GP prescribed steroids & antibiotics which seem to be doing the trick. Also took bloods and sent me to the hospital for a chest x-ray, all seems OK, well the hospital didn't keep me in. I have appointments over the next few weeks for ECG, more bloods as one of my levels was rather low and tests for COPD.

This would have shocked me into giving up smoking if I hadn't already done so. Not been the best 12 months for me, lets hope it gets better from now on.

See you all tomorrow.

Jim & Jean
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2019, 22:51   #35
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

We should be there about noon, all being well.
Old 21st July 2019, 06:48   #36
Amsca2
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T cdti

Very late addition to the list. I'm bringing the Typhoon bull for a day out.
Old 21st July 2019, 07:33   #37
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Good luck with the weather hope you all have good day out,

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2019, 07:49   #38
Alikris
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Connie SE

The link to print off the windscreen flyer doesn't work. Once logged in it just sends me back to the forum here. I've tried multiple browsers, no luck.

Ali.
  • Vicky: born Thursday, 15th April 2004 @ 08:20:55. The 95,246th 75 to be produced, and the 4,783rd 75 in British Racing Green Pearlescent.
Alikris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2019, 16:38   #39
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Nice to see everyone again today, I had to leave early due to family emergency.
Turns out not to be as bad as expected, but my mum still needs to see the doc, we are waiting for a visit as I type.
Hope the rest of the meet went ok.
Old 21st July 2019, 17:26   #40
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

It was a great meet with 27 cars in the end, so a very big thanks to all who attended.

It was my first visit to Gretna Green and I can thoroughly recommend it as a place to go if you happen to get a chance.

Congratulations go to our prize winners for the meet too:

The best Rover 75 as voted for by all attending went to Tim Burgess’ Dorchester Red Japanese spec Connoisseur SE V6 saloon, what an immaculate example it is.

The best MG ZT went to Fusilier’s Monogram Poseidon ZTT 180 sports auto

and the over all winner of best car at the meet, ‘The Gryphon Award’ went to Sworks’ Trophy Yellow Rover 75 diesel tourer which looked stunning in the sunshine.

It was a pleasure to sign up a couple of new members and to catch up with several forum folk I hadn’t seen for a long time.

The only thing missing was dear old OVP, the club car. I had set off from down south with it loaded up to the gills and it was driving seamlessly along the A34, M40, and M6 until I noticed that the indicator lamps in the instrument pack had suddenly stopped working! It was impossible to know if they really had stopped outside the car or if it was just a problem with the IPK and seeing that I was on the motorway, I thought, if I pull on to the hard shoulder to check and they weren’t working outside the car, how would I ever be able to rejoin the main carriageway with out them?

So I ploughed on (just hoping that all exterior lights were still functioning...what if it had spread to the brake lights too I thought )

I had arranged to stop enroute to Gretna at club director Pete’s in Wolverhampton anyway, so I made a B line for there, where we discovered that the exterior lamps were fine after all, and it was just the IPK that was not playing ball, however we also soon discovered that the car would not restart once I’d parked it on Pete’s drive!

Lots of head scratching, and phone calls to various club members for advice later, and after 4 hours of trying stuff we had to admit defeat, OVP wasn’t going anywhere.

Pete who couldn’t make the National due to work commitments offered to lend me his work horse diesel tourer to continue my journey up country while he tried wrestling with the car further, so I resumed my travels and finally arrived at Gretna at 11.30pm late last night.

After describing the issue to club members Sworks and Marinabrian at the meet, a diagnosis was quickly arrived at and it appears that while OVP is usually kept in a warm dry garage, I did leave it out on Friday night ready to be packed up first thing Saturday morning, and it rained heavily all night.

Come Saturday, I set off and all was well to start with, but water had leaked into the drivers footwell and onto the EWS engine immobiliser ECU, causing it to loose communication with the instrument pack via the K-bus and as a result the car wouldn’t start. This also accounts for the loss of the indicator lamps in the IPK, as they disappear if there is a problem between the immobiliser and the instrument pack.

A quick call back to Pete to check on the car revealed that it was once again starting properly and the indicators were fine once more as the ecu had clearly dried out over night.

So while nobody at the National got to see the club car, at least the problem was diagnosed and providing it doesn’t rain tonight, should mean I can drive it back to Southampton tomorrow to get fully repaired.

All far too eventful a weekend for my liking. But a great national and everyone seemed to enjoy it which is all one can ask for
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote