Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th July 2019, 13:57   #1
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts
Default 28th National Club Meet at Gretna Green The Video

Not the best of days and it showed in a lot of the video I shot, plus I always have issues with audio at Gretna .

Some sunny stills have been used in place of rather dull video, enough of the excuses

Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2019, 15:03   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Well done Jim. Nice video.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2019, 16:40   #3
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Thanks Jim, excellent coverage once again there on a challenging day weather wise.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2019, 16:41   #4
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Thanks Jim for recording these events Always good to look back on
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2019, 17:45   #5
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Great video as always Jim. It gives those of us who couldn't make it a good idea of what we missed, and I've no doubt it brings back memories for those that were there.

Cheers,

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2019, 17:55   #6
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Hi Jim,

Jan & I would like express our sincere thanks & much appreciation for yet another superb recording of the 28th National Club Meet & the first National to be held at Gretna,incidently in the 10th year of us attending this superb venue.

May I also take this opportunity to personally thank you so much for recording Jan & I's appreciation to all members,including stalwart regular attendees who & it goes without saying too numerous to mention here,including Jean & Yourself whom have regularly attended over the past 10 years.

Indeed,without your stirling work with your superb video's Jim,we would not be able to look back on these truly memorable events,so again please accept our sincere thanks once again.

Last but certainly not least,may we pass on our very special thanks to you for the recording of Jan & I's tribute to the memory of our very dear Friend & late Member Brian Alexander [Freebyrd]who was always a regular attendee at this event,the Lakeland Meets we held & many others,Brian will always hold a special place in Jan & I's hearts including many other Members we feel sure.

Many thanks once again Jim,Love to Jean take care of yourselves,we know things haven't been too good health wise for you both for a while now,but sincerely hope you both stay well & hope to see you both in the not too distant future.

Best Wishes.....John & Jan.

Last edited by Bluejon; 29th July 2019 at 22:35.. Reason: Spelling;
Bluejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2019, 10:36   #7
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Well done Jim. Nice video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Thanks Jim, excellent coverage once again there on a challenging day weather wise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Thanks Jim for recording these events Always good to look back on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Great video as always Jim. It gives those of us who couldn't make it a good idea of what we missed, and I've no doubt it brings back memories for those that were there.

Cheers,

Cliff
Thanks guys for all your comments truly they are appreciated, I'd rather lost interest during the last 12 months or so and was considering no longer videoing club events and uploading them to You Tube, safe to say your comments have now made me reconsider .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejon View Post
Hi Jim,

Jan & I would like express our sincere thanks & much appreciation for yet another superb recording of the 28th National Club Meet & the first National to be held at Gretna,incidently in the 10th year of us attending this superb venue.

May I also take this opportunity to personally thank you so much for recording Jan & I's appreciation to all members,including stalwart regular attendees who & it goes without saying too numerous to mention here,including Jean & Yourself whom have regularly attended over the past 10 years.

Indeed,without your stirling work with your superb video's Jim,we would not be able to look back on these truly memorable events,so again please accept our sincere thanks once again.

Last but certainly not least,may we pass on our very special thanks to you for the recording of Jan & I's tribute to the memory of our very dear Friend & late Member Brian Alexander [Freebyrd]who was always a regular attendee at this event,the Lakeland Meets we held & many others,Brian will always hold a special place in Jan & I's hearts including many other Members we feel sure.

Many thanks once again Jim,Love to Jean take care of yourselves,we know things haven't been too good health wise for you both for a while now,but sincerely hope you both stay well & hope to see you both in the not too distant future.

Best Wishes.....John & Jan.

Many thanks John, your comments are the icing on the cake, thanks ever so much .

It was nice of Jan and you to take the time to celebrate both the 10th anniversary of the Anglo/Scottish meets and Brian Alexander, consequently I thought it warranted inclusion in the video of the day so others could also remember. As you say Brian was a real gent, always a pleasure to chat to and is sorely missed especially at certain yearly events.

Look after yourselves
Best wishes
Jim & Jean
Old 30th July 2019, 12:59   #8
GazYorkshire
Loves to post

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Thanks guys for all your comments truly they are appreciated, I'd rather lost interest during the last 12 months or so and was considering no longer videoing club events and uploading them to You Tube, safe to say your comments have now made me reconsider .
Noooo, you can't stop - I love your channel
Old 30th July 2019, 13:47   #9
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Jim, your video work is a credit to you and the club, you are the club’s unofficial videographer. The content of your video is always spot on, capturing not just the cars, but the atmosphere of the event too. As you said on another thread, Gretna is a hard one to perfect, due to the background noise of the local motorway, plus the prevailing wind on that day too.
I think I can speak for all by saying that without your record of the events, the club would be a poorer place to be. Thanks for getting my back and not my face in the first part, it is much appreciated. No joke intended, also for the nice still shot of my non Rover car.
Please continue with your good work.
Old 31st July 2019, 09:40   #10
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazYorkshire View Post
Noooo, you can't stop - I love your channel
Thanks Gaz, I really appreciate your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Jim, your video work is a credit to you and the club, you are the club’s unofficial videographer. The content of your video is always spot on, capturing not just the cars, but the atmosphere of the event too. As you said on another thread, Gretna is a hard one to perfect, due to the background noise of the local motorway, plus the prevailing wind on that day too.
I think I can speak for all by saying that without your record of the events, the club would be a poorer place to be. Thanks for getting my back and not my face in the first part, it is much appreciated. No joke intended, also for the nice still shot of my non Rover car.
Please continue with your good work.
Rich

Thanks ever so much, I'm rather lost for words following your very kind comments which mean so much more to me than you'll appreciate.

Jim