Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: London & The South
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th August 2019, 19:02   #11
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Oh crikey, if there is anything we can do to assist drop us a pm.
Old 5th August 2019, 15:12   #12
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Hoping that Andy and his family are looked after well by their insurance company and get back to normal as soon as possible.
Horrible thing to happen!
Old 10th August 2019, 19:34   #13
PerciUrwin
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Message for Andy ( Shiner )

My thoughts are with you and your family Andy and praying thst you are all well and safe from this terrible event.
I have sent you a text.
You are in my thoughts mate.
Warmest regards, John.
Old 10th August 2019, 20:29   #14
operamagorum
Loves to post

BMW 330i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Peter, thank you

One of the first things Andy will need help with, is to do an inventory for what was lost or damaged. This can be referred to in case the insurers start to be difficult. He is going to need someone he can trust and who is loyal to him, someone who will do the paperwork, keep all receipts and who is able to get 3 prices for each item the family needs for replacements, furniture, bedding, clothes, household goods, then put it on a spread sheet for submission to the insurance company. He will need a project manager to keep an eye on costs with the rebuilding as some builders are notorious for cutting corners to save their own money. It seems overwhelming as Andy works full time, but these things can be overcome with the right help.

Support is not this week, it will have to continue in the weeks and months/years ahead. On top of that, there is the emotional and psychological damage done by a fire. A fire destroys memories, family photos, the feelings of being at home. Andy is going to have to face this and it is going to be hard on him and his family. I suspect it has not hit him yet.

We went through this ourselves in April 2011, when we lost the house and farm to a bush fire in South Africa, all that was left, was the clothes we stood up in. I write from personal experience and having dealt with a major loss, the insurance and rebuilding. The smoke stayed in my lungs for 3 weeks and one person died on the farm in her house during the fire. My reply concerns Andy and practical help.
I used to work in the insurance industry (now retired) and can offer all the assistance requested. I'm not a million miles away from Andy and most of what he requires can be achieved via email and phone. I am not promoting my services, but would be glad to help, and I do know what I am am doing.
Happy to meet up and see if we get on.

I've just realised that this sounds like a solicitor's promo. It is not. This is a genuine offer of help.
Please inform Andy and get him to pm me if he is interested.
Geoff
operamagorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2019, 20:29   #15
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

I had the good news last evening that the loss adjusters have approved Andy's claim.

This is especially good as the last thing needed when something like this happens, is when the insurance company becomes "difficult" in light of the size of claim.

He has been provided with a rental home paid for while his home is being rebuilt.

The seat of the fire, according to the fire brigade investigation appeared to be in the vicinity of a cooling fan in his eldest daughters bedroom, so ostensibly an electrical fire which spread rapidly as the family were out of the house visiting Andy's father.

Andy certainly seemed to be in much better spirits when we talked yesterday, and is looking forward to getting back to normality as soon as possible.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2019, 05:55   #16
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by operamagorum View Post
I used to work in the insurance industry (now retired) and can offer all the assistance requested. I'm not a million miles away from Andy and most of what he requires can be achieved via email and phone. I am not promoting my services, but would be glad to help, and I do know what I am am doing.

I've just realised that this sounds like a solicitor's promo. It is not. This is a genuine offer of help.
Geoff
Thanks for the offer, I saw him yesterday and he was happier in himself now that everything has been authorised. What can’t be done by email, is project management in monitoring building standards and rebuilding progress, keeping accounts and an eye on the spend. I am seeing him again today and will pass on your kind offer. Cheers

On another matter, he is a fairly private man and doesn’t like his full name plastered up on the board, I am wondering who does.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 11th August 2019 at 06:03..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2019, 09:10   #17
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by operamagorum View Post

Geoff
Hi Geoff,

I’m having breakfast with Andy right now at the Frimley Breakfast Meet. He’d like to thank everyone for their kinds words and is in the process of re-equipping his temporary home with bits and pieces like a new computer, tv and stereo etc.

As such he will be fully back on line hopefully this week. In the meantime Geoff, Andy says if you send him a PM he will take a look on his phone at least (which is small) and get back to you when he can.

From what he has said, it’s all in hand and things are progressing well with the insurance and loss adjusters etc so hopefully everything will run smoothly.

If you’d rather phone or text him, drop me a PM as I have been authorised by him to forward you his mobile number
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2019, 10:38   #18
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Hi Geoff,

I’m having breakfast with Andy right now at the Frimley Breakfast Meet. He’d like to thank everyone for their kinds words and is in the process of re-equipping his temporary home with bits and pieces like a new computer, tv and stereo etc.

As such he will be fully back on line hopefully this week. In the meantime Geoff, Andy says if you send him a PM he will take a look on his phone at least (which is small) and get back to you when he can.

From what he has said, it’s all in hand and things are progressing well with the insurance and loss adjusters etc so hopefully everything will run smoothly.

If you’d rather phone or text him, drop me a PM as I have been authorised by him to forward you his mobile number
Give him our regards if he is still with you, we are so glad everything is in his favour.

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2019, 12:02   #19
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post

On another matter, he is a fairly private man and doesn’t like his full name plastered up on the board, I am wondering who does.
Noted, and thread title amended accordingly.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2019, 22:51   #20
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

First I heard of this was this morning over breakfast from the horse's mouth.

Good to see that Andy is in good spirits given the circumstances and has everything under control, and also that no-one was hurt.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote