Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th September 2019, 07:23   #1
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Default Selling my rover

I’ve taken a deposit on my 75, its as everyone says a reluctant decision. I’ve had it more than five years and enjoyed owning it, I have a mg tf to sort out as well as all the other things I need to do with my life.

I’m afraid I didn’t feel in tune with what seems to be a widespread pro Brexit view strongly expressed by many on here. That actually put me off owning a 75. The final straw came a while ago when I was verbally abused in a post by a well known Brexit supporter. I complained to the moderators about the choice use of language without any response.
Old 4th September 2019, 07:38   #2
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

I’m sorry to hear your selling up Michael, but a change is as good as a rest as they say.

With regard to being verbally abused by another member, please PM me the post in question from a while ago and I’ll have a look into it.

Brexit or no Brexit, this is a car club and not a political debating chamber as I’ve tried to reiterate many times over.
Old 4th September 2019, 08:49   #3
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I’ve taken a deposit on my 75, its as everyone says a reluctant decision. I’ve had it more than five years and enjoyed owning it, I have a mg tf to sort out as well as all the other things I need to do with my life.

I’m afraid I didn’t feel in tune with what seems to be a widespread pro Brexit view strongly expressed by many on here. That actually put me off owning a 75. The final straw came a while ago when I was verbally abused in a post by a well known Brexit supporter. I complained to the moderators about the choice use of language without any response.
Michael.---Not spoken to you before but sorry to read that the treatment on here by other members has lead you to get rid of your car.

Verbal abuse and harassment is never to be tolerated. However don't let other folk start to rule your actions in life. Just ignore them and do what you want to do.

The forum has had its share of these kinds of folk but gradually their numbers have been whittled down mainly by shooting themselves in the foot.---

So don't leave just because of them. Don't let them win.
Old 4th September 2019, 09:27   #4
GazYorkshire
Loves to post

MG ZT

Political discussions always lead to difference of opinion, some of which can often become heated due to the passion some people have for the subject.
However, as Colvert said, you shouldn't feel uncomfortable being here because of other people's actions.
Let Reebs do what he can for you, and consider your options afterwards - you've only taken a deposit on your 75, you can easily return it.
Old 4th September 2019, 11:05   #5
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Thanks for the replies. I’m not interested in reviewing old posts, I’ve a thick skin. I’m not upset at all, just moving on.
Old 4th September 2019, 11:33   #6
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I’m not interested in reviewing old posts, I’ve a thick skin. I’m not upset at all, just moving on.
Sorry I couldn't help, but if folk think they are really being bullied by other members and not just a squabble due to differences of opinion they should inform the team who will look in to it, as that's not acceptable behavior on these boards.
Old 4th September 2019, 12:41   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

pro Brexit people make you feel like selling your British car, on what grounds?

I am sorry you felt abused, this sort of thing should not go on even if people have a difference of opinion.

macafee2
Old 4th September 2019, 21:47   #8
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Sadly another long time club member left recently because of stuff to do with the same subject. I think any whiff of politics on the boards needs reporting straight away.
Old 4th September 2019, 22:11   #9
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Why sell a good car just because of opinion on a bulletin board....
Bit like leaving home because you dont like the estate agent...

Just walk away from the forum and keep the motor...
Old 4th September 2019, 23:25   #10
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
I cannot help but feel this post is another back door entry into a discussion on how much you disagree with Brexit (which for the record, I am too, at least in the form it was presented when you started getting involved in political discussions on the forum and the subsequent attempts to make a deal, but since it was democratically chosen, I cannot deny the choice of the majority). If you really were not upset, you would not have mentioned the apparent abuse and especially Brexit at all. No one deserves to be verbally abused, but if you are part of a forum that you cannot condone or support, then you leave the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
Why sell a good car just because of opinion on a bulletin board....
Bit like leaving home because you dont like the estate agent...

Just walk away from the forum and keep the motor...
You sell a good car because you have become bored of it or have a better one(s) to use, then relish the opportunity to use the decision as ammunition against those who disagreed with your stance in political discussions. People here do that with real ammunition!

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Closed Thread