Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th September 2019, 13:42   #1
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts
Cool Time To Start Revealing This Year's NEC Show Cars

With this year's Classic Motor Show looming in November, it's high time we started revealing what cars we will have on the stand, so without further ado I am very pleased to announce that Les4048 will be bringing his magnificent Solar Red ZTT 260 V8 to the show

This car was the last to be fitted with a supercharger from Dreadnought Garages and has 400 BHP. The full story of Les' ownership of 'Bertie The Beast' can be read here Car Of The Month February 2016 and it's well worth a look if you haven't seen it.

Les will be joining the Owners Club stand from Friday 8th to Sunday 10th November with his Red monster, so if you haven't been to the show, or want to chat to him and see the car close up, then get your club discounted tickets before 4th October to help the club, full details can be found on this thread
Announcing The Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show 2019 with Discovery @ The NEC
or by clicking on the logo in my forum signature below.

Keep watching for the next show car to be unveiled very soon
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2019, 18:45   #2
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Typical when I’m not attending this year’s show.
Old 4th September 2019, 20:31   #3
ZedTeeT
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

A very deserved choice me thinks. Also means I get to dribble over it for real............. Don't panic Les, not literally.
85/C Capri 2.8i Special. Mine 29+ years.
82/X Talbot Tagora SX V6. Restoration project.
11/11 Hyundai I Load CRDi. Van....... nuff said.
ZedTeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2019, 21:22   #4
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedTeeT View Post
A very deserved choice me thinks. Also means I get to dribble over it for real............. Don't panic Les, not literally.
I would drool over your Capri, that was one of my dream cars as a teenager, that and the 3.0S, RS2000, Granada 2.8 Thiago.
Old 5th September 2019, 07:26   #5
tonybel
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190 SE

wow, thats really clean. as hard as I work on my own car all i seem to be able to do is just about maintain its condition rather than improve it to something like this, and its not like i use my MG much...Oh well at least the 26 mpg I get out of My V6 is considerably better than this V8!

Or am i just a bit jealous
Old 12th September 2019, 21:38   #6
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Cool Time To Reveal Car number 2 @ This Year's NEC Show

With this year's Classic Motor Show coming in November, it's time to announce the second car to be shown on our club stand, and we're delighted to say that Manxierover will be bringing his gorgeous Rover 75 Connoisseur SE V8 tourer to the show

This car was acquired by Max in August 2017 and has only covered 21,000 miles since new. The interior is immaculate and still smells of new leather. The vehicle is finished in Monogram Nocturne Blue and comes fully equipped with all the Connoisseur SE refinements you would expect.

Max will be joining the Owners Club stand from Friday 8th to Sunday 10th November with his pristine premium grilled car, so if you haven't been to the show, or want to chat to him and see the car close up, then get your club discounted tickets before 4th October to help the club, full details can be found on this thread
Announcing The Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show 2019 with Discovery @ The NEC

Old 24th September 2019, 09:04   #7
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Cool Time To Reveal The 3rd Car @ This Year's NEC Show

The Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show 2019 with Discovery is only two months away, an with that it's time to reveal the third member's car to be shown on our club stand, and we're pleased to say that it belongs to Rick-sta.

Rick-sta has agreed to bring his recently resprayed Monogram Typhoon ZT CDTi saloon along to the Birmingham show. His car looks superb and will complement the two V8 and V6 we already have on display. Rick's car features an original Blue Alcantara interior, a fully valeted engine bay and his signature 'angel eyes' headlamps amongst other things.

Rick will be joining the Owners Club stand from Friday 8th to Sunday 10th November with his pristine premium grilled car, so if you haven't been to the show, or want to chat to him and see the car close up, then get your club discounted tickets before 4th October to help the club, full details can be found on this thread

Old 24th September 2019, 09:26   #8
Reebs
Owners Club Director

So far our NEC contacts tell us just 6 members have bought early bird tickets to the show, if you are thinking of coming I would urge you to buy them in advance as it's more expensive on the door. If you can get them before 4th October, it really helps the club too in terms of discounts for the charges we have to pay for things, so please if you are going to get tickets before the day, can you get them before the 4th to help us too?
Old 3rd October 2019, 19:49   #9
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Cool Time To Reveal The 4th and Final Car @ This Year's NEC Show

With The Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show 2019 with Discovery just around the corner it's time to tell of the fourth and final member's car to be exhibited on the club stand this year, and we're pleased to say that Allegroboi will be bringing his very pampered Dorchester Red Duchess, Cowley built Rover 75 Connoisseur SE V6 saloon to the show

He has owned this Japanese spec Y reg right drive Connoisseur SE for many years and keeps it in immaculate condition. To compliment the somewhat rare early Cowley only finish of Dorchester Red exterior, is an equally hard to find Aubergine Personal line leather interior. The car was originally built as an export order to Japan along with several other identical ones, and as such had to be an automatic transmission, have power folding door mirrors and flare clip in the passenger's foot well.

Ian will be joining the Owners Club stand from Friday 8th to Sunday 10th November with his pristine premium grilled car, so if you haven't been to the show, or want to chat to him and see the car close up, then get your club discounted tickets before 4th October to help the club, full details can be found on this thread
Old 3rd October 2019, 20:09   #10
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Arrow Pre-buying ticket deadline to help the club ends 4th Oct Tomorrow Night

So that’s our line up for this year, we’ve four tremendous cars on the stand, two invaluable traders in the guise of technical bod Trikey and IPK de-liner bar none Rick-sta, as well as access to the build records, parts catalogue, RAVE workshop manual, and some free chocs if you’re quick

We’ll be selling our club merchandise and should have the new 2020 Club Calendar for sale too at a specially discounted price for the show.

While you can pre book your tickets to the show on-line between now and 7th November, tomorrow is the last day for the club to earn valuable price reductions on show stand charges if you buy before midnight tomorrow night. They tell us that so far members of our club have bought 15 tickets which is excellent, if we could get one more bought before midnight tomorrow (Friday 4th), they tell us we would qualify for a further discount!

So if you are planning on coming and were going to pre buy your ticket anyway before the November deadline, could we urge you to do it now to help the club?

In any event, we hope that those coming will have a great time as this is the best show of its kind in the calendar year, and we are always proud and honoured to be invited and have such tremendous support from all you members who visit our stand each year.

Cheers all.