Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd May 2019, 21:59   #1
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Default Who remembers the Atlantic blue launch cars ?

I realised the other day that when 'launch cars' are mentioned, we always talk about the Wedgewood blue V6's Connoisseurs with the Neptune interior & loaded with all the extras.

Now, not everyone will know this, but there was also a second, lower spec example to show perspective customers...

Working at a main dealer (Dales at Redruth) when the 75 was launched, I'd forgotten but most garages were also given a 1.8 Club in Atlantic blue with Sandstone cloth interior. I don't remember it having any extras so was a standard spec car, designed to show what you could get if your budget wouldn't stretch to a more premium version

Do any of these examples still exist ? They would certainly be deemed less desirable than the full spec V6 launch cars, and possibly more will have been scrapped due to the common 4-cylinder head gasket failure.

They'd likely be on a T or V registration and could well have been initially registered to a dealer (as a demonstrator). Any remaining examples will certainly be low chassis numbers.

A very important piece of 75 history - do you own one....???
Old 23rd May 2019, 22:11   #2
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

One of my favourite colours and it was discontinued early in production which is a pity.
My Atlantic Blue was a full fat V6 but yes it would be good to find a Club spec one.
I missed out on an early 1.8 classic auto in silver. So basic it was a proper budget 75 but had charm with its obvious differences. That was 2 years ago and I hope it’s still going.
Old 24th May 2019, 07:50   #3
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
I realised the other day that when 'launch cars' are mentioned, we always talk about the Wedgewood blue V6's Connoisseurs with the Neptune interior & loaded with all the extras.

Now, not everyone will know this, but there was also a second, lower spec example to show perspective customers...

Working at a main dealer (Dales at Redruth) when the 75 was launched, I'd forgotten but most garages were also given a 1.8 Club in Atlantic blue with Sandstone cloth interior. I don't remember it having any extras so was a standard spec car, designed to show what you could get if your budget wouldn't stretch to a more premium version

Do any of these examples still exist ? They would certainly be deemed less desirable than the full spec V6 launch cars, and possibly more will have been scrapped due to the common 4-cylinder head gasket failure.

They'd likely be on a T or V registration and could well have been initially registered to a dealer (as a demonstrator). Any remaining examples will certainly be low chassis numbers.

I know the spec you mean they are the forgotten launch car, they were 1.8 club models but fitted with front fog lights, headlamp washers, heated front seats, electric rear blind and volume alarm, these spec cars were all atlantic blue and most dealers taxed them as there demo due to being a lot cheaper, a friend of mine still has his 1.8 club launch car
dave lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2019, 07:58   #4
Stephen Fussell
Regional Secretary

2015 Mini Challenge 210 & 2005 Rover 75 Classic CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post

I certainly do remember them. Our dealer principal went to London in it for this father to receive an award from the Palace. Sadly, it broke down on the M4.

Last edited by Stephen Fussell; 24th May 2019 at 12:45..
Stephen Fussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2019, 10:24   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Here’s one from the ‘every location of an ecu’ thread!!

Old 24th May 2019, 21:25   #6
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post

Golly, I see the Triffid got to it first.
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2019, 21:46   #7
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi_crawf View Post
Golly, I see the Triffid got to it first.
no, that is an early car, real wood an' all that

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2019, 05:00   #8
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave lincs View Post
I know the spec you mean they are the forgotten launch car, they were 1.8 club models but fitted with front fog lights, headlamp washers, heated front seats, electric rear blind and volume alarm, these spec cars were all atlantic blue and most dealers taxed them as there demo due to being a lot cheaper, a friend of mine still has his 1.8 club launch car
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post

Did they have those specs? The car pictured does have front fogs or headlamp washers that I can see?

I thought they had regular Club or Club SE spec
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2019, 10:46   #9
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Surprised to see what is a cream-coloured coolant expansion tank on an early T reg car, assuming it is an oem fit that is. My low spec W reg 1.8 has a black tank which I thought was standard fit for all of the early cars.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2019, 14:47   #10
littleun
Avid contributor

2002 rover 75 cdt auto connoisseur saloon

One for sale near me W reg 12 mot £895....
littleun is offline   Reply With Quote