Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th November 2016, 17:56   #471
iandux
Loves to post

At last....75 Facelift Connie

Unit fitted and working, but I have one slight issue.........

whenever I now turn off the ignition.......

the wipers give one sweep!

Any ideas?

• This vehicle was the 96,129th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 2,123rd 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
  • This vehicle was the 394th 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
iandux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2016, 18:09   #472
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
Does any one have a full frontal picture........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................Of one of these bargain priced dvd/gps etc units fitted into a 75 dash ?

I have seen pics of them fitted into a surround but not actually fitted into the panel.......any one please.

Number 6
Do you mean the DD fitted to the Rover plastic stereo fascia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandux View Post
Unit fitted and working, but I have one slight issue.........

whenever I now turn off the ignition.......

the wipers give one sweep!

Any ideas?
Have you connected your steering wheel controls, if so are they operating the DD? Also... does the DD remember all stored settings once turned on again.

Its a shot in the dark, but you may have connected a wire incorrectly.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2016, 19:14   #473
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Fitted mine today, all appears to be working and easy to wire up. Will fine-tune the installation and put some photos up tomorrow. It's a pain to get it sat right in the fascia due to the angle it was on, lots of messy filing to be done too. Checked the GPS and it's getting good signal on dash. CD player works, I've downloaded and linked to Spotify account, works well. Checked the Bluetooth links to phone and works well. Can not check Radio as waiting for aerial adapter. Compared to Nexus tablet I had in its a little slower and keeps dropping the WiFi signal even sat 1.5m from hub, however it is more user friendly and better sound, my windows are rattling again and it has knobs which was huge problem with tablet. Will tackle the steering controls tomorrow as the Symphony stereo loom is different to most of yours. Would have cost £40 to get steering controls working on tablet, this is great value. Many thanks for excellent thread. Can I get freebies on the unit and wire a dash cam in easy enough?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2016, 19:16   #474
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Freebies, is supposed to read free view TV, blast technology

Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2016, 19:33   #475
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_of_British View Post
Freebies, is supposed to read free view TV, blast technology

Lol, Freebies... brilliant!

Yes, you can buy a car freeview box with aerial and connect direct to the DD, many sold on ebay, start from £35 upwards.

I've been thinking about getting one, also a dash cam, will be plug and play as they say. I think the DD unit has a dedicated dash-cam app already installed.

This DVB TV Box HERE... £35.99.

This mini Dash Cam HERE... should be plug and play. £15.98.

Has anyone used the RunGrace remote control yet, seems very good quality.

Last edited by Dallas; 26th November 2016 at 21:25..
Old 27th November 2016, 18:24   #476
iandux
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post

Have you connected your steering wheel controls, if so are they operating the DD? Also... does the DD remember all stored settings once turned on again.

Its a shot in the dark, but you may have connected a wire incorrectly.
Not having the BMW plug fitted to my car, only the ISO plug setup as previously shown, I ended up having to make up my own harness from a VW one from Halfords. Little did I know that the perm and ign controlled live feeds are reversed in the socket!

Why that should make the wipers operate, though, I just can't figure!

Now just wrestling with the SWCs - I have an orange/green and a blue/purple wire from the loom. Have tried connecting the o/g to earth and the other to the unit, but no joy. Just so's I've got this right, should I have one of the pair of SWC wires going to earth and nowhere else whilst the other connects to the unit?

Many thanks in advance.

• This vehicle was the 96,129th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 2,123rd 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
  • This vehicle was the 394th 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
Old 27th November 2016, 18:32   #477
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

[QUOTE=Dallas;2405850]Do you mean the DD fitted to the Rover plastic stereo fascia?

Hi Dallas,Yeah I mean the DD fitted into the car facia in the car to see what the overall fitting looks like in situ.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2016, 18:52   #478
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

[QUOTE=Number 6;2406498]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Do you mean the DD fitted to the Rover plastic stereo fascia?

Hi Dallas,Yeah I mean the DD fitted into the car facia in the car to see what the overall fitting looks like in situ.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...&postcount=381
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2016, 20:07   #479
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandux View Post
Not having the BMW plug fitted to my car, only the ISO plug setup as previously shown, I ended up having to make up my own harness from a VW one from Halfords. Little did I know that the perm and ign controlled live feeds are reversed in the socket!

Why that should make the wipers operate, though, I just can't figure!

Now just wrestling with the SWCs - I have an orange/green and a blue/purple wire from the loom. Have tried connecting the o/g to earth and the other to the unit, but no joy. Just so's I've got this right, should I have one of the pair of SWC wires going to earth and nowhere else whilst the other connects to the unit?

Many thanks in advance.
When you want to setup the SWC app on the DD unit, are you pressing the 'Start' button on the screen first, and then the 'End' button to store your selection?

Otherwise...

Did you not find your black BMW plug, it will be tucked down behind the ashtray, more likely over to the right (you can then use your newly made loom.

or...

The two ISO plugs you have, you could have bought a female ISO lead with bare ends ready for you to connect the loom that came with the double din using bullet connectors.

Ref: SWC. Is your orange wire with green stripe or blue stripe?

(Orange/Blue) send to 'Ground'.

(Blue/Purple) send to 'Key 1' Yellow/Green on the DD loom. No need to do anything with 'Key 2' white/red wire on DD loom.

Something like this...
Old 27th November 2016, 21:12   #480
iandux
Loves to post

Hi Dallas

Had the aircon/heater controls, switch panel and ashtray assembly out of the car......no BMW plug

So bought a VW loom from Halfords to cut off and use the female ends ( but that gave the problem as before).

I don't have exactly the same colours in the car's loom for the SWCs, but do have a blue/purple. Do you have a screenshot of the setup screen, as I don't recall seeing a Start button?

Many thanks

Ian D