Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th August 2013, 19:17   #11
dattrike
Posted a thing or two

V6 2ltr auto in copperleaf +CDTI Auto in Royal Blue on loan to Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by eumjmorris View Post
J1MBO, guess who...just to say the car has driven home beautifully.
My new project. Mike M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredwrussell View Post
Its lovely cant wait to get my hands dirty on the old girl! one of mine and the missus favourite colours!
So who bought it then? I'm confused
Old 28th August 2013, 20:49   #12
eumjmorris
Loves to post

R75 now just two diesel tourers

Hi, dattrike, was bought by me, eumjmorris, here in Bromsgrove, and fredwrussell is my partner in 75 crime and was very impressed when he saw and drove it today. Lovely. It may become Fred's special car, extra to his early gold cdt160.

Last edited by eumjmorris; 28th August 2013 at 20:56.. Reason: extra
eumjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 20:55   #13
eumjmorris
Loves to post

David, both Fred and I love the colour, that's why I jumped at the opportunity, and Fred was very taken with it today. drives lovely. Some new bits already ordered, two door actuators, handbrake mechanism, passenger cupholder...the nsf door handle fixed by known trick of spray of wd40..towbar refitted, car tidied out. I believe the gearbox is a cracked reverse piston. we'll see in due course.
Fred also delighted with the back box for zt190, which he wants for his gold 75, having the bumper trim already.
Thanks again for your choosing to sell, having bought from sabotage, and for your kindness on Saturday.
Four wheel bolts posted to you yesterday 2nd class, should be with you by weekend. regards, Mike M.

Last edited by eumjmorris; 30th August 2013 at 11:55.. Reason: typos
Old 29th August 2013, 06:32   #14
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

Quote:
David, both Fred and I love the colour, that's why I jumped at the opportunity, and Fred was very taken with it today. drives lovely. Some new bits already ordered, two door actuators, handbrake mechanism, passenger cupholder...the nsf door handle fixed by known trick of spray of wd40..towbar refitted, car tidied out. I believe the gearbox is a cracked reverse piston. we'll see in due course.
Fred also delighted with the back box for zt190, which he wants for his gold 75, having the trim already.
Thanks again for your choosing to sell, having bought from sabotage, and for your kindness on Saturday.
Four wheel bolts posted to you yesterday 2nd class, should be with you by weekend. regards, Mike M.
Thanks for that Mike, it's not been driven since the weekend while awaiting a new thermostat so that's fine. Whilst I'm sorry to see that car go, I'm hardly short changed with the gorgeous example I now have!

Glad your enjoying the car and hope you get it fixed up ok, if your not doing too much town work then the gearbox will be bearable, but its too harsh for extensive city use and can't be doing it any good.

It will be interesting to see what the gearbox fault turns out to be. The colour of the old fluid suggested clutch pack issues, confirmed by the input of others on here. There were no metal fragments in the fluid.
lovema75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2013, 13:00   #15
fredwrussell
Avid contributor

wedgy connie se cdt tilly xpower 200, Moonstone green cdt connie

Well what can i say except this lovely car has caused some debate between me and the missus! she loves it i love it the debate is who will drive it once she is sorted! think ill wait till her plaster of her broken wrist is removed before i put my foot down with a firm hand!
fredwrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2013, 20:06   #16
eumjmorris
Loves to post

Since the reg is W875RBY, Fred and Joanne have decided that my words from the reg, of Rover Baby, are to be it's name, and will reflect it's indulged lifestyle we hope for it.
Old 31st August 2013, 22:47   #17
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Since the reg is W875RBY, Fred and Joanne have decided that my words from the reg, of Rover Baby, are to be it's name, and will reflect it's indulged lifestyle we hope for it.
Very apt Mike
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013, 08:08   #18
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

I'm delighted its getting a pampering and clearly going to be looked after in a way I couldn't!

At least I feel I've had a hand in securing its future, as it was clearly on the final journey if I hadn't rescued it from the rogue who had it. It might not look it but I did put a lot of work into it including 2 weeks to remove a seized plug! And it took a breaker bar to remove the sump and gearbox drain plugs, so I don't think it had seen much attention in a while!

I forgot to tell you that I re-routed the wiring plugs for the solenoids and they now reside under the airfilter housing for easy checking of resistances, and keeping them out of the weather. The 2/4 brake duty solenoid is a replacement.

lovema75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013, 08:51   #19
dattrike
Posted a thing or two

V6 2ltr auto in copperleaf +CDTI Auto in Royal Blue on loan to Son

Quote:
Hi, dattrike, was bought by me, eumjmorris, here in Bromsgrove, and fredwrussell is my partner in 75 crime and was very impressed when he saw and drove it today. Lovely. It may become Fred's special car, extra to his early gold cdt160.

Just spotted this, thanks for enlightening me . I haven't slept for days
worrying about it

Old 1st September 2013, 09:57   #20
eumjmorris
Loves to post

You too are a committed owner, evidenced by your recent visit to Terry for fixes, keep up the good work, regards, Mike M.

Last edited by eumjmorris; 6th September 2013 at 06:39..