Notices

Old 27th February 2015, 17:40   #11
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by milleplod View Post
So says Labour's transport spokesman, Michael Dugher (er....who??!).

He also says that Clarkson is 'not remotely representative of motorists'.

I'm assuming that Mr. Dugher, for some bizarre reason, thinks that he is representative of motorists. Hmmmmm.

Yet another example of a politician not having a clue about people.

Pete

ps Can anyone who hates Clarkson please not comment along the same lines and get all weepy, thus risking the dreaded 'threadlock'! My dig is at another witless politician.

You're right Pete.
He knows nothing about people (other than other politicians). He has led a sheltered life, uni degree (probably PPE) - straight into politics as 'advisor' (gopher) - bagman/chauffeur (for Go. Brown) - then elected MP for Labour. The usual puppet spouting what he thinks (or has been told) is what people want to hear. Will do anything to further his career and build a portfolio of directorships and consultancies. If you knew him he would probably be an affable chap, although consistently on his guard, and good for a laugh. Well-used to backslapping in the bar. In short, superbly qualified to do what he does for a job (given his current colleagues) and no doubt will become a 'name'. Wouldn't go anywhere without his Blackberry.

On the other hand he's right. JC has never been representative of motorists and as far as I know wouldn't claim to be. JC is not supposed to be such, he's a sarcastic would-be know all who nonetheless is instrumental in heading a world wide phenomenal success in TV. And I applaud his success and wouldn't miss TG for anything.

Again on the other hand, Duhger is only representative of his paymasters, as indeed is JC in producing exactly what his paymasters want from him. Dugher has only one objective - himself. plus la change.
Old 27th February 2015, 17:52   #12
milleplod
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Saloon

plus c'est la même chose....!

As I said, another out of touch politician, that was my point. The fact is that despite the way in which Clarkson polarises opinion, I'd rather have a pint with him than any of the bunch currently sitting on their backsides running the country.....the true measure of any bloke....and I bet I know who'll be the most interesting to talk to!

And you do have to wonder.....what if Clarkson was in charge....?

Pete
Old 28th February 2015, 07:57   #13
fuller0554

MG ZT 190+

Id rather see jeremy clarkson as a politician than the empty promising lieing jobsworths that do it now.
Lets lower fuel..........for two weeks then inflate it again, yeh thanks for that two weeks of useing Vpower.
I think il leave it there, before i spend all day listing my rants.
They keep coming up with these stupid ideas but we dont feel the difference. Inflate our tax on cars, on food on fuel...... They find ways to make more money but wheres the change. Look at the state of our roads, billions in road tax a year yet our roads are falling to bits, boils my wee.
Right now im stopping there lol.
fuller0554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2015, 08:04   #14
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuller0554 View Post
Id rather see jeremy clarkson as a politician than the empty promising lieing jobsworths that do it now.
Lets lower fuel..........for two weeks then inflate it again, yeh thanks for that two weeks of useing Vpower.
They keep coming up with these stupid ideas but we dont feel the difference. Inflate our tax on cars, on food on fuel...... They find ways to make more money but wheres the change. Look at the state of our roads, billions in road tax a year yet our roads are falling to bits, boils my wee.
Makes you feel better getting it out of your system though

Good rant
Old 28th February 2015, 08:12   #15
fuller0554

MG ZT 190+

Hell yes
fuller0554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2015, 08:16   #16
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I'm a great believer in something Billy Connolly said a while ago, the ambition to be a politician should automatically ban you from ever becoming one!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2015, 08:48   #17
Mischief
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuller0554 View Post
No such thing as road tax any more it's vehicle excise duty, road maintenance is funded by our council tax or general tax fund been that way since 1937 that's why it makes me laugh when people shout at cyclists for not paying road tax

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 75's General Information:

• This vehicle was the 49,501st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 in Celestial (Special Metallic) (code: IAI) to be made out of 19 Celestial (Special Metallic) 75s
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2015, 09:09   #18
milleplod
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
No such thing as road tax any more it's vehicle excise duty, road maintenance is funded by our council tax or general tax fund been that way since 1937 that's why it makes me laugh when people shout at cyclists for not paying road tax
They should pay something though, whatever its called. And they should have to have insurance....

Pete
Old 28th February 2015, 09:14   #19
Mischief
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by milleplod View Post
They should pay something though, whatever its called. And they should have to have insurance....

Pete
They do, I'm sure a lot of cyclists pay council tax as does everyone else so that gives them the right to use the road. A lot of electric vehicles are tax exempt and are on the road because "road tax" is based on emissions so no emissions no tax.

Yes I agree they should be insured the same as any other road using vehicle but until they bring that in as law there's nothing anyone can do.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 75's General Information:

• This vehicle was the 49,501st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 in Celestial (Special Metallic) (code: IAI) to be made out of 19 Celestial (Special Metallic) 75s
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2015, 10:27   #20
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

If you want Jeremy Clarkson as a politician, look no further than Nigel Farage. If he doesn't float your boat then perhaps Clarkson can be left to entertain us with the buffoonery and car-based slapstick for which he has genuine talent.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote