Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th July 2021, 07:22   #11
AlexF75

'00 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Crown saloon

Thanks loads for all your replies!

I've had issues with rust in the past, I also have a BMW 328i E36 convertible that was basically resurrected from the dead - it was rusted EVERYWHERE. Cost a fortune and took a very long time to properly fix it. So I know a fair bit about how rust can be a problem

My Rover is almost immaculate for now on the rust department, the previous owner is quite a fanatic so he took care of it. However there is some rust starting at the rear right-side skirt, that will be addressed shortly (fortunately I have a guy who can do these right - same guy that did my 36).

It sure is addictive. I had a BMW E46 (320i fl), and a BMW E39 (523i) in the past as well, both were similarly well-sorted, but none of them offered the same luxury and unique feel that the 75 does. Ride comfort is also waaaaaaay ahead of the E46, quite on par with the E39 to be honest, but the KV6 sound is even better for me than the M52-M54 I/6 engines I had in the beamers.

Fuel consumption is the only thing I'm a bit disappointed about, even my 328i (2.8 straight 6) E36 convertible consumes 1-2-3 litres less depending on the use case, but I never expected it to be a fuel mileage hero anyway so I don't care that much.
Other than this, already absolutely in love with the car, and very glad to see this great forum with so much knowledge and help available from members. Very glad to be here!
AlexF75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 07:33   #12
AlexF75

'00 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Crown saloon

Yup, I have a sunroof - so far so good.

TOAF - you mean the diagnostics app? I'll check what it's about for sure.

Airbag, parking sensors - all OK for now, everything seems fine on the wiring.
AlexF75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 18:30   #13
richw
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Yes, TOAF is the diagnostic app. Windows or Android. Just need a suitable USB cable. It is handy for reading error codes and live data.
richw is offline   Reply With Quote