Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th July 2021, 18:58   #12901
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

A full days Rovering here today, thought I’d get on with my old gold diesel for a change, always the forgotten car as I’m normally too busy!

The boot wouldn’t open on either the button or the fob, turned out a dead solenoid was the issue (the first one of these I’ve come across)

Next I changed a dead rear door solenoid and refitted the door cards which have been languishing in the spare room for months.. one problem, I couldn’t find the door pins?!?

Searched everywhere, thought bvgger it, I’ll fit the cards anyway…

Job done, then while tidying up I found the door pins in a very safe place.. off with the door cards again to do the job properly.

Old 29th July 2021, 15:14   #12902
AX52 HKY
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Well I've failed at trying to improve the scratch on the boot as I rubbed through, but I've finished it off with some lacquer and a light sanding with a final polish - gained nothing here, bar experience and what not to do next time - though I suppose it's got rid of the rust and prevented more in the future. Lost nothing either, really, as to sort it properly it would've needed a respray anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29th July 2021, 21:25   #12903
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Forgot to report back that my old bus flew through the MOT without a problem!!

Just 1no advisory of slight play in N/S ball joint!!!

Funny thing is that ball joint was only installed 13,000 miles back as part of the complete front control arm/Drop link replacement exercise with all parts from DMGRS!!

Chinese parts ain't what they used to be!!!!

Oh well picked up a Delphi part for the replacement when needed.

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2021, 22:18   #12904
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX52 HKY View Post
Well I've failed at trying to improve the scratch on the boot as I rubbed through, but I've finished it off with some lacquer and a light sanding with a final polish - gained nothing here, bar experience and what not to do next time - though I suppose it's got rid of the rust and prevented more in the future. Lost nothing either, really, as to sort it properly it would've needed a respray anyway...

cant you pick up a wedgewood blue 2 boot from somewhere. colour match would be spot on. it will eventually drive you nutty looking at it every time you see the car. its the cheapest option and you will never get a paint match anyway near otherwise as its faded. would be a pretty cheap option and by far the best outcome. ...
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 08:59   #12905
AX52 HKY
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
cant you pick up a wedgewood blue 2 boot from somewhere. colour match would be spot on. it will eventually drive you nutty looking at it every time you see the car. its the cheapest option and you will never get a paint match anyway near otherwise as its faded. would be a pretty cheap option and by far the best outcome. ...

But how am I meant to learn by stupid mistakes taking the easy route? 😂

Old 30th July 2021, 13:44   #12906
75 car girl
Avid contributor

75 tourer

Had my car carbon cleaned and AC sanitised today by Lee mpg gone up a bit. Lee has some special offers on at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
75 car girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 17:02   #12907
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX52 HKY View Post
But how am I meant to learn by stupid mistakes taking the easy route? 😂

i fully understand your wanting to learn the arts of painting but its a long long process. that is provided you can mix the paint exactly and there in lies an art in itself, let alone prepping and spraying to a good standard. if you want to persevere down these lines then why not replace the boot as i suggested and then practice on your old one. barring one or two people on this website who are capable of this type of work i think you will struggle to achieve your goal. having said that i admire your resolve and ambitions to try and achieve this and hope you are successfull .best of luck. there are a lot of very knowlegable and highly skillfull talented people on here but not painters. it is a long long learning curve which i have to admit i failed at and quite simply put im not a painter. !! best of luck with your endevours and i wish you all the best....
Old 2nd August 2021, 20:06   #12908
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Fitted a rear plinth to goldie (Thanks to Norfolk Ninja for supplying it) Swapped a pair of fromt struts for a member on here (The garage had fitted RH to LH and vice versa!)

Nipped to our local scrapyard and got a replacement driveshaft for my diesel, took in a 190 with a very broken engine that needs a rebuild...
Old 2nd August 2021, 20:33   #12909
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

well done andy. norfolk ninga was a very generous man . i had a look on rimmers at the price of these boot spoilers ... eye watering !!! nice one ....
Old 2nd August 2021, 20:42   #12910
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

A lovely tour of Norfolk and Suffolk in the newly tested motor today. A lovely drive, with only a BMW X5 numpty overtaking me on blind bend on the wrong side of the road to spoil it. (Half close eyes and wait for the crunch moment that luckily did not happen!). We were in a 30 zone, which reduced to 20 for the blind bend. He must have been doing 60 when he passed me and was all brakes for the bend.