Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th March 2016, 09:24   #11
Si-monogram
Banned

MG ZTT TYPHOON 180, PPD 75 CDTI 160, METRO 1.3 A+, ABARTH TURISMO 595, MG ZS V6, 75 duotone tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I agree with you Lee, our car cost me less than a grand, and it does 3 miles a day during the week commuting.
Even at weekends it doesn't go far, apart from when we hitch the caravan up and go on holiday, so to'pay £2/300 per month for a car to stand in a car park all day then drive the mile and a half home, is wasted money. If the wife was doing 80/100 miles per week, then perhaps a newer car would be more practical, but the new cars just don't have the feel and look of the 75. Walnut,chrome and leather,compared to black plastic? I know what my choice would be.
There is of course the likes of Jaguar and other top marques that use the walnut trim, if you can afford to buy one
And let's face it, most of those are company cars or on hp. I like owning my cars rather than some greedy finance company.
Si-monogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 09:27   #12
MrWill75V6
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I agree with you Lee, our car cost me less than a grand, and it does 3 miles a day during the week commuting.
Even at weekends it doesn't go far, apart from when we hitch the caravan up and go on holiday, so to'pay £2/300 per month for a car to stand in a car park all day then drive the mile and a half home, is wasted money. If the wife was doing 80/100 miles per week, then perhaps a newer car would be more practical, but the new cars just don't have the feel and look of the 75. Walnut,chrome and leather,compared to black plastic? I know what my choice would be.
There is of course the likes of Jaguar and other top marques that use the walnut trim, if you can afford to buy one
I do about 15000 miles a year in mine and it's still reliable. The only major issue has been the clutch cylinders needing replacement. Older cars can be far more reliable than most people think. But true about the walnut vs black plastic, everything else in my price range felt like a major downgrade so I decided to pay the repairs and stick with my Rover
Old 10th March 2016, 09:30   #13
Smurf73
Regular poster

Rover 75

I am already having the mickey took out if me and I haven't even picked it up, I do enjoy the banter though.

I have had links sent to me referring to tartan rugs, flat caps and even the Top Gear episode where they re-badged the Fiat Multipa into a Rover.

The funny thing is though, I am a Grandad.
Smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 09:33   #14
bilzin
Avid contributor

Rover 75 V6 Connoisseur

Default Water off a .........

Don't give a monkey's chuff what is said about me n my 75 cos I always remember the old saying....

The only thing worse than being talked about is...NOT being talked about
Old 10th March 2016, 09:37   #15
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

They can call it what they like, to me it a King size bed on wheels it is that comfortable, always get admiring glances and more often than not compliments.
It might be a Diesel but being a 160 upgrade it can hold its own with a lot of other cars.

Rev Jules.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 09:48   #16
Smurf73
Regular poster

Rover 75

I have been through the new car every few years and what was the final straw was sitting down working out how much it cost me a month for the last one. Just the depreciation and finance cost me £400 a month for a car that is no where near as nice a place to be as the 75.

I bought an old Citroen as a my dog,supermarket, work car and quids in. I can run two cars for less than one new car cost me.

I thought about an S-Type but preferred the Rover when I started looking into the cars.
Smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 09:56   #17
Si-monogram
Banned

MG ZTT TYPHOON 180, PPD 75 CDTI 160, METRO 1.3 A+, ABARTH TURISMO 595, MG ZS V6, 75 duotone tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

They can call it what they like, to me it a King size bed on wheels it is that comfortable, always get admiring glances and more often than not compliments.
It might be a Diesel but being a 160 upgrade it can hold its own with a lot of other cars.

Rev Jules.
Does the 160 map really make a difference? My old 75 was a 135 xpower tuned lump
Si-monogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 10:03   #18
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

I wish I had my 75 at 19 but would have never afforded the insurance on it! Would have been much more comfortable than my Fiesta!
Old 10th March 2016, 10:03   #19
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR190 View Post
Does the 160 map really make a difference? My old 75 was a 135 xpower tuned lump
Damn right it does! Its made my car like a new car! It was 116BHP before so can't compare to the 135 Xpower map, but my car was sluggish to say the lest before and now it really can leave some shocked drivers in it wake!
Old 10th March 2016, 10:13   #20
frankson
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon auto KV6

I'm 54 and I enjoy the look on people's faces when I drive my 75 into Waitrose car park, window wound down and ASAP Rocky or Lil Wayne playing upon the wireless set.
frankson is offline   Reply With Quote