Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th March 2019, 21:47   #21
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
We had a “friend” who would regularly beg a favour - we did get fed up with her constant neediness and gently started saying “no - sorry - not available because we are doing something else”

The response was emotional blackmail “You’ve really let me down”. “Why are you doing this to me” - etc.

In the end when she wanted a lift somewhere and we had another different event we were going to - we got the “your are letting me down” nonsense

Watch out for energy vampires - they drain you.

Get rid of them. They need you - not the other way round.
Sometimes known as "fairweather friends", they take from you, but when you want something they are suddenly busy or can't help for one reason or t'other.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2019, 22:26   #22
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
we have sent an explanation/apology via email, not sure if it has been read. The wife has received a text message that suggests email has not been read.

What has been said to us recently has left the wife angry but not confrontational.
What happened yesterday has left us thinking they need to get a life but then we are different.

we will wait and see what happens.

I'm sure many can relate to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hr64MxYpgk

macafee2
From the time I first heard it I've always thought that to be such a sad song, but so very true for many, many people.

Not just for fathers and mothers but for other family members and close friends over the years. All it needs is a simple falling out over something of no real consequence.

Why do we do it ?? Makes you want to weep.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2019, 22:27   #23
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Sometimes known as "fairweather friends", they take from you, but when you want something they are suddenly busy or can't help for one reason or t'other.
Been there with family.
Old 11th March 2019, 22:55   #24
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1960 View Post
It's all part of life's rich tapestry I'm afraid, no doubt we have all been there to some degree but at some point you will realise that you have to decide just how much c**p you want to put up with.
I personally think that friendships along with relationships should 'flow' naturally, if you have to 'try' to make it work ... there's something wrong!
This is your life, NOT a rehearsal, live it how you see fit and do the things that make you happy and above all .... cut out all the negative issues that threaten your inner well being.
Sorry if all of the above sounds a bit heartless but I too have learned valuable lessons the hard way over many years and in the end .... enough is more than enough in my book.
Whichever way it goes, I hope you get it sorted.
Great post and my sentiments exactly.Life us just to short to waste on wasters.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2019, 23:44   #25
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

The problem is a lot of people have acquaintances in there life that they call friends. You regularly associate with these people and get on very well and have a lot of stuff in common but in truth if you lived 100 miles away you would probably not see them more than a couple of times a year if that.

A true friend is somebody you can ring up at anytime of day or night and ask for assistance and they will drop everything to help you and you would do the same for them. Think about it if you needed £1000 desperately for a couple of days who would actually lend it to you with no questions or if you and your partner were stuck somewhere remote at 1am who would you contact? Would you also do the same for these people if the situation was reversed?

I suspect if you go through your ''friends'' list there are probably only a couple of people that would actually fall into the categories above.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2019, 22:30   #26
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
From the time I first heard it I've always thought that to be such a sad song, but so very true for many, many people.

Not just for fathers and mothers but for other family members and close friends over the years. All it needs is a simple falling out over something of no real consequence.

Why do we do it ?? Makes you want to weep.
Again , been there .What started out as a bit of banter between 2 family members, ended up with one spitting the dummy and disowning the rest of the family. No great loss, as they were always takers and never gave back.