Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: How is your 75/ZT used?
Daily Driven 274 72.30%
Weekends only 55 14.51%
Currently off the road 15 3.96%
No longer own a 75/ZT 35 9.23%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th October 2017, 12:40   #131
EHD1978
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer & MG ZT 190 SE

I came back to 75/ZT ownership in 2015 after regretting leaving it in the first place.

Following the regretful sale of my MG ZT 190 SE in 2011 (we did try to keep it off road & garaged but didn't have the room at the time) I had started looking for it again, or a similar car in early 2015. All examples I've had, have been high spec with the KV6 engine.

In August 2015, we found 'Horatio', our somewhat abused 2004 75 Contemporary SE KV6 Tourer with all the bells and whistles. We bought it with 102k miles on the clock, lots of history but hardly any in the last few years. We have spent about £4k on the car since then, undoing previous neglect, and getting the car back to where we want it to be. Although it's been tough at times, I truly believe we saved this car, as if it had been resold 'in the wild' and not to an enthusiast, I'm convinced it would have been scrapped by now. There's still work to do, mainly cosmetic now, but mechanically, Horatio is now pretty spot on. I'm certain that the car wouldn't be as good as it is today without the help and support of this forum.

Despite finding Horatio, I was still hankering after another 190 SE (I love the SE model) and found one identical to my old car that I had previously regretted selling. So that now lives on my drive, until funds are in place to get it up to scratch (no belt history for example). I haven't driven it since I brought it home.

Then, late last year, my old 190 SE finally resurfaced, looking in a very sorry state with missing Apex alloys and missing black sports leather. I had to save it, as I could see it not surviving much longer if it had been sold elsewhere. I've spent most of this year bringing it back from the brink. Much more work is needed but it now reassembles the car I sold in 2011, and I don't plan on cutting corners. This car will eventually be fully restored.

So I'm currently caring for 3. There must also be an award available for caring for three KV6 cars at once? I can't see Horatio or my old ZT being sold, but I will be preparing my other ZT for sale at some point next year, but not until I know it is in top shape and ready for an enthusiastic owners. Horatio is currently the full timer, but we will be buying a new full time car sometime next year, so Horatio and my old ZT can be enjoyed at leisure and for show purposes.

I also have two Montegos that I am going to restore.

Someone has to look after all these old British cars.

2004 Rover 75 Contemporary SE Tourer 2.5
2004 MG ZT 190 SE (Car number 96 of 151)
EHD1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 14:14   #132
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Keep it going,

Poll looks really good, im happy to see that most are either daily's or used at weekends.
Only a few off the road.
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 14:21   #133
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
Keep it going,

Poll looks really good, im happy to see that most are either daily's or used at weekends.
Only a few off the road.
Exactly how i'd expect the poll to go.
As a marque and model specific forum I'd be shocked if the first question was coming back with a lower percentage.
The other two results also to my mind are also in line with my thoughts.
i'd actually like to see if this changes in a year or two.
The last question may actually be low as no doubt some that move on to another make may not post here any longer or not visit as regularly as when they had a 75 or ZT.
Again it's whether members can be bothered to vote as is the case in all walks of life.
Old 19th October 2017, 16:07   #134
BathRover
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

I've had my 75 cdt for 3 years, bought it for £600 in pretty rough cosmetic condition with just under 100k on the clock, now it's done 140k and all I've had to do other than oil changes is replace 1 headlight unit as the adjuster broke, front springs as one snapped, new battery and 6 tyres in total.

Currently in the process of replacing osf wishbone due to ball joint failure and all 4 drop links to get it through mot.

I will drive it 'til the engine explodes and/or it needs more work than I can manage on the driveway at the weekends with limited experience/equipment, it's not worth putting too much work into a car in such poor cosmetic condition. I'll replace it with a well looked after example owned by an enthusiast.

I also have an Mg TF which shares daily driver status dependant on weather
BathRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 22:23   #135
2750 HP
Loves to post

ZT CDTI, 190+, 260, Triumph TR4, Rolls Royce, Bentley and Mercedes E220d cabriolet

My CDTI ZTs have averaged 25,000 miles each year since August 2008: used for work and most home duties.

Not surprisingly the 190 and 260 considerably less each year being on the road for six months each and on limited mileage policies. Both in Trophy Blue and might sell next year?

Steve
2750 HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2017, 10:28   #136
Deskjet990
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE CDT

Smile 16years old still going well

Hi everyone,
Enjoyed this post, so decided to add my pennies worth.
Purchased my 2001(dec) 75 conny tourer deisel in 2005 for £6000. Currently use it daily although in the past been used for "special occasions"
only.
Have 150k on the clock and still runs very well indeed. Has never let me down and has been looked after by my local garage (Gorse Motors, Suffolk).
Had a new clutch and a fair few suspension bushes, brake pads, tyres, and years ago had the ECU repaired ( I arranged that with "The ECU Doctor" in Somerset) all done by Post.
I still love it but because at my next birthday I shall be 83yrs am thinking of buying just one more car.
Trouble is so far I have not found anything at all. It must be a Tourer/Estate
car, I suppose only the Jaguar XF Sportbrake may well have to be it.
This would mean a very good 75 Tourer Conny will need to find a good home, and that frightens me!?
Deskjet990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2017, 19:54   #137
steady eddie
Loves to post

rover 75 tourer / bmw e90 320d

Hi, we still run two tourer's daily, they still have many miles left in them so why change them, mine +160,000 wife's +170,000 both cdti my daughter runs a cdti saloon well past 195,000 on a daily basis.
steady eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2017, 21:27   #138
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskjet990 View Post
Hi everyone,
Enjoyed this post, so decided to add my pennies worth.
Purchased my 2001(dec) 75 conny tourer deisel in 2005 for £6000. Currently use it daily although in the past been used for "special occasions"
only.
Have 150k on the clock and still runs very well indeed. Has never let me down and has been looked after by my local garage (Gorse Motors, Suffolk).
Had a new clutch and a fair few suspension bushes, brake pads, tyres, and years ago had the ECU repaired ( I arranged that with "The ECU Doctor" in Somerset) all done by Post.
I still love it but because at my next birthday I shall be 83yrs am thinking of buying just one more car.
Trouble is so far I have not found anything at all. It must be a Tourer/Estate
car, I suppose only the Jaguar XF Sportbrake may well have to be it.
This would mean a very good 75 Tourer Conny will need to find a good home, and that frightens me!?
From what you say it seems that it's a very good car now, so why change it
??---You could be buying yourself TROUBLE.--

I'm only young compared to you as I'm only 80 but there is no way I'd sell the most reliable car I have ever owned.-----

Remember the old saying-----Buy in haste and repent in leisure---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2017, 07:49   #139
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Think there should be an owners age poll like are you 17 to 25 -26 to 35 etc..would be really interesting..
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2017, 08:21   #140
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Think most of us would be in the 'etc' category!
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote