Old 28th February 2021, 09:50   #691
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
No, THIS is what's being injected into your body:

YE Gods !!!---However I can only relate to 10% of all that and most of it with my mistress.---
Old 28th February 2021, 14:08   #692
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
No, THIS is what's being injected into your body:

Oh my...Oh my...oh my.. Sunlit uplands one side v. Hell in a handcart on the other! Desperation or what?

No animosity or hostility intended here Steve! So no need for critical intervention under club rules! Whoever compiled that has a pretty poor view of their fellows - embarrassing in the extreme but not on the intended side! A suicide note if there ever was one. Enid Blyton comes to mind!

In the national press today, hesitate to mention source because of earlier condemnation of any major public organ that prints evidence from verifiable sources, there are even more exhortations to fall in line.

Coupled with wide ranging threats of isolation (in the social sense) of objecting opinion, even Royal blackmail is wheeled out! How embarrassing.

All this in spite of the figures: with over 66% of legitimate citizens being un-vaccinated, but described as ‘a small minority’, the pro’s continue to step up the misdirection and benighted pleadings for abject deniers and ignoramuses to get in line. These begging letters are becoming even more embarrassing than earlier threats of a lemming-like suicide!

Rebuttals are easy and soooo tempting, but thread longevity persuasions come first! That example of pseudo Wordsworth/Tennyson poetic blackmail is just awful!
Old 28th February 2021, 14:25   #693
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
According to reports from across the country and all newspapers and widespread media outlets, there have up to yesterday been approaching 20 million vaccines administered. A huge operation and a credit to all the staff involved.

With a population of some 68 million (a conservative(?) estimate. That amounts to 29%. Given the exhortations from the centre and hugely supportive similar enthusiasm from official commentators across the subject, that's less than an endorsing success story. Over 2/3rds not 'done' with no questions asked of those declining. How on Earth can a groundswell in favour be confidently predicted? It does us all no service at all to exaggerate these things and indeed is dangerous.

It's not even including the huge number of 'under the radar' population of illegal immigrants and many others in our varied city centres and outside the legitimate census figures. Just saying.

It's not very helpful, in an effort to present glowing figures, to fail to see the fuller picture. For example, in the current rejection of the reporting of mortality rates from certain hospitals.

It is now becoming apparent, due to inaccuracy regarding pre-existing and life-threatening conditions being downgraded, that such figures may be substantially inaccurate. Especially when the patient has been Covid-free until immediately preceding death. It puts all future figures in doubt and is leading to dangerous precedents.
seems a bit of a contradiction, ".....A huge operation and a credit to all the staff involved...." followed by "...... that's less than an endorsing success story....." You also forgot to mention those that seem to be refusing to be vaccinated which will mess up your 2/3.

macafee2
Old 28th February 2021, 14:34   #694
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
seems a bit of a contradiction, ".....A huge operation and a credit to all the staff involved...." followed by "...... that's less than an endorsing success story....." You also forgot to mention those that seem to be refusing to be vaccinated which will mess up your 2/3.

macafee2
Its a case of the pot calling the kettle black

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Old 28th February 2021, 14:38   #695
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
Its a case of the pot calling the kettle black
you will have to explain as I don't understand

macafee2
Old 28th February 2021, 21:11   #696
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

I see Wraymond's first paragraph as praise and the second paragraph as factual.--no conflict there.-----Just my opinion.--
Old 28th February 2021, 21:49   #697
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Indeed Jon. If in any way the post was confusing or unclear as to direction I'm happy to provide explanatory notes!

I was congratulating the dedication and persevering hard work of the teams that put the work in. I thought that was so obvious. I'm surprised it drew unfavourable comparison with a later paragraph which was, again obviously, underlining glaring irregularities between Government inspired glory reports and bare basic verifiable facts. I don't necessarily have to applaud the underlying cause in justification of an independent opinion.

Further, not everything in one post is either all negative or all positive, that's exactly how temperatures rise! There are 50 shades in everything and it would be wrong to be blinded by dogma one way or the other!

The percentages are adequately explained and accurate. They are readily available should they need to be verified. Unlike the torrent of variables that regularly regurgitate from Government sources. HTH.

Last edited by wraymond; 28th February 2021 at 21:51..
Old 1st March 2021, 20:49   #698
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

The NHS bugled me today for my 1st vaccination. Yes, I will be presenting myself for my 1st jab at the only location on offer. A Nightingale, in the back of beyond for most, sadly. But, I do have a car.
Old 2nd March 2021, 14:08   #699
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

My long suffering wife was out on her weekly jaunt to the shops for odds and ends today, it’s the getting- away-from-me partly. I drop her off and have to wave via the rear view mirror while I can still see her waving back or I get blasted when I return to collect her a couple of hours later. When I got home the phone was ringing. Breaking a long held rule, I answered it.

A voice asked to speak to her by using her first name(?) I asked who was calling her by her first name and was told “The Surgery”. Asked for their name and was told “It’s the Surgery”. I replied my wife was out and was told they would ring back later or tomorrow. They abruptly rang off. I dialled 1471 and got the number. It was not the surgery and in fact was a mobile eleven digit number. Given current priorities I’m pretty sure what it was about.

If they were as attendant to so-called long term, and much more vital, care plans there would not be a gap of 18 months in her ‘plan’ of 3 monthly checks on her long term condition or in my plan of 3 monthly BP checks that have not taken place in the same period. We are gone to Hell in a handbasket.

If the caller does call back, I'll report. Discreetly of course.
Old 2nd March 2021, 19:39   #700
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

A friend told me on Friday evening that the NHS website is now accepting bookings for over 64 years of age.
I went straight to their website and booked my first vaccination for Monday afternoon, which was only a 3 day wait. The site I chose was a theatre about 10 miles away, but I knew there was a massive car park there - much better to pay a couple of quid parking than drive round and round looking for a space. When I got there a large part of the car park reserved for Covid vaccinations and another sign saying it’s FREE !
All went smoothly and second jab arranged mid May !
Closed Thread