Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th August 2022, 09:49   #11
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

I wonder how many cars break th speed restriction laws compared to cyclist's? I wonder how many cars kill there owners and other's compared to cyclist's.? If it is cars. Shouldnt they be tamed first???
Old 20th August 2022, 10:49   #12
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post
I wonder how many cars break th speed restriction laws compared to cyclist's? I wonder how many cars kill there owners and other's compared to cyclist's.? If it is cars. Shouldnt they be tamed first???

I think the taming, through appropriate measures and penalties, should be implemented at two levels - behavious and consequence (or outcome).

The second part requires a cyclist who kills through reckless behaviour to suffer the same consequences as a motorist. Equality matters!
Old 20th August 2022, 15:52   #13
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

My thoughts, leave things as they are, but prosecute reckless riding on bikes. Looking at the stats bikes are a small issue. Registration, insurance etc is going to put people off cycling when it should be encouraged. I don’t think it will go anywhere; just the Mail trying to fill a few column inches with the sort of topic that it’s readers support.
Old 20th August 2022, 18:16   #14
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Default Mile a minute Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Next will be laying a track on the rails behind a TGV aiming for 300km/hr+ .Not sure how much of the power is coming from the cyclist.

Been done . . . in 1899 no less a celebrated US cyclist forever after known as "Mile a Minute Murphy" got the Long Island Line to lay a two mile wooden track between the rails of a steam train. He had several attempts but couldn't reach 60mph till they found the engine was going flat out, so they produced a better train and he did it again. It was obviously highly dangerous as the train slowed suddenly and Murphy had to grabbed on board before he crashed. It's all here. (But don't try it at home, or on the West Coast line)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Murphy.jpg (26.3 KB, 46 views)
Old 20th August 2022, 23:16   #15
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
My thoughts, leave things as they are, but prosecute reckless riding on bikes. Looking at the stats bikes are a small issue. Registration, insurance etc is going to put people off cycling when it should be encouraged. I don’t think it will go anywhere; just the Mail trying to fill a few column inches with the sort of topic that it’s readers support.
Well... its th Daily Mail was it "Th hang um and flog um"... Fasinating
Old 21st August 2022, 15:45   #16
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Just seen a big photo spread in the paper of about thirty bikes being ridden around the Buck Pal roundabout while the green light on the crossing is flashing and pedestrians are on it. That's, on current form for police, at least 30 nicks missed along with murders of the elderly and the rife drug crime. It's a free for all. Why does nobody care any more.
Old 28th August 2022, 08:08   #17
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

Went on another cycle yesterday. Everyone was very considerate except a M3 thing that had to prove it had a engine. I thought th black smoke emitted (From a petrol!!!) showed his disregard to fuel management....

Latter there was a loverly lady driving a MG EV who over took me when it was safe and gave me a wave threw th sun roof. It made my day.

Iv been aware of electric vehicles for a while now. Whilst at th Isle of Mann last year i was nearly run over by one. Th white Tesla's they have there, are in great abundance. It was my fault as i was preocuppied with a dripping ice cream but they are sillent at walking pace.

Getting back to th MG EV. It made a real nice whistling noise (carnt descibe it, its that different) that iv never heard before. but it did make me pay attension of its presants.

Well done MG, you know your stuff and your consideration for other road users is noted..
Old 28th August 2022, 09:03   #18
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post

Latter there was a loverly lady driving a MG EV who over took me when it was safe and gave me a wave threw th sun roof. It made my day.

Are you sure she wasn't muttering "f...ing cyclists think they own the road".....as she made hand gestures?