Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st March 2021, 23:29   #1
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Default price of s/hand cars

not sure if it is happening over your way but here in Australia, all the second hand cars have gone up a fair bit price wise as there is now a 6 month waiting time for anything new. Especially diesels that can tow .
Alot of manufacturers are talking about not offering diesel as an engine option past 2022 so everyone is trying get one to tow there caravans etc.
Price of caravans has gone up substantially, again 6 month wait for a new one and s/ hand ones go quick as everyone here is traveling around the country as cant travel abroad yet although there is talk about new zealand and australia
opening up with each other in coming weeks.
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2021, 05:39   #2
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Prices have gone up here in Holland very much compared to last year. Second hand cars up to 200 - 300%. Not only that, houses up to 40% ...groseries up to 35%, gasoline 25 % (with over 2 euro a liter the most expensive in Europe, like the prices of houses) I do not know what is going on, but it is getting really crazy. A plumber who comes to repairs cranes in the bathroom is charging 95 euro / hour plus 75 euro starting costs.... The average salary in Holland is 1300 euro a month, from that appr.65% is needed for your house taxes etc. Rest for insurences, groseries, cars, etc. I guess it is getting time to emigrate or so because in other surrounding countries life is way much cheaper. There are bounderies but for the prices counts these are exceeded drastically. Needless to say this is not nice...

Last edited by Azur; 22nd March 2021 at 09:54..
Azur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2021, 06:32   #3
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Strange, were having the same housing boom in prices as well, up 20% building a new house is now quoting 18 months, labour shortages in the building industry
and labour prices going up.
Strange worldwide event?
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:01   #4
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Jeez they are scary figures -nothing like that in the UK - house prices up 7% over the last year and have not noticed any great hike in grocery costs.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:37   #5
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
Jeez they are scary figures -nothing like that in the UK - house prices up 7% over the last year and have not noticed any great hike in grocery costs.
No, but cars are rising - there used to be a number of cheapies at £1,000 to £1,500 at any time on EBay or Gumtree, but hardly any now. Even ours are on the rise
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:18   #6
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

hardly ever see any 75s for sale here anymore, had one unlicenced
one, rough car for parts or restoration went for $600aud, paint peeling all over.
Went in one day!!
Never see any zt cars fir sale at all now.
Im guessing mine is probably now worth 6k aud.
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:42   #7
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azur View Post
I guess it is getting time to emigrate or so because in other surrounding countries life is way much cheaper. There are bounderies but for the prices counts these are exceeded drastically. Needless to say this is not nice...
Don't consider the south east of the UK - probably as bad as Holland. You'll be better of in the "deprived" north or low cost Monmothshire.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:46   #8
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
not sure if it is happening over your way but here in Australia, all the second hand cars have gone up a fair bit price wise as there is now a 6 month waiting time for anything new. Especially diesels that can tow .
Alot of manufacturers are talking about not offering diesel as an engine option past 2022 so everyone is trying get one to tow there caravans etc.
Price of caravans has gone up substantially, again 6 month wait for a new one and s/ hand ones go quick as everyone here is traveling around the country as cant travel abroad yet although there is talk about new zealand and australia
opening up with each other in coming weeks.

Most of the big manufacturers have announced this year that they wont be developing ICE's any further & will be phasing out combustion engines. Just off the top of my head Aston Martin, Jaguar, VW, Audi, Daimler, GM, Honda , Mini, Mitsubishi, Mercedes, Ford, Volvo. I read some of the big boys will still be making ICE's for track days.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2021, 15:38   #9
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Most of the big manufacturers have announced this year that they wont be developing ICE's any further & will be phasing out combustion engines. Just off the top of my head Aston Martin, Jaguar, VW, Audi, Daimler, GM, Honda , Mini, Mitsubishi, Mercedes, Ford, Volvo. I read some of the big boys will still be making ICE's for track days.
Alot of people starting to wake up to the fact electric vehicles really arent much use for towing anything with a bit of weight as their battery distance more or less halves in range. Not sure how hybrid would go but im guessing if its anything like my jeep grand cherokee, the diesel version tows 3.5 ton but the petrol version can only tow 2 ton.
So where does this leave the consumer, no where really if you want to tow somthing big (18ft caravan) or go anywhere beyond 200km??
I can see why everyone is buying up diesel suv’s!!
Old 22nd March 2021, 16:48   #10
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default And.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
Strange, were having the same housing boom in prices as well, up 20% building a new house is now quoting 18 months, labour shortages in the building industry
and labour prices going up.
Strange worldwide event?
It's not widely known but there's a shortage of building sand all over the world, it's a growing problem and it's affecting the whole world. There are people being killed because of sand.https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...ng-out-of-sand
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote