Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd June 2022, 14:04   #1
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Default Faith in mankind restored.

A month ago as I followed a large pick up into my cul de sac keeping a reasonable distance, I then realised he was looking for a particular house number so he stopped. Then the reverse lights came on so I sounded my horn and looked down at the auto selector to find reverse and bang he hit me ! He couldn't apologize enough and wanted to exchange details. I agreed but whilst we were talking I mentioned that as my car is a Rover it would be written off !

He said he will make a phone call to a friend who owns a bodyshop and advise them that I will call straight over to let them have look but he would still give me his details and we then shook hands.

The damage was a broken grille , scratched bumper and the front of the bonnet edge crushed and folded and a crease further up the edge of the bonnet.
They later rang him with the cost ,which was around £500 and he rang me and said he would pay it and he even offered me a loan of his car as he was going on holiday ! I declined as I have my tourer to use.

I picked up a grille for £30 locally and he offered to give me the cash for it when the car was done. They've done a lovely job and he even paid for the repair to some pre existing damage to the bumper as the whole bumper needed painting so I said don't worry about the grille as it's the least I could do and I thanked him for his honesty and integrity.

What a gentleman
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:07   #2
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Nice story, loads of nice people out there!
Old 2nd June 2022, 20:06   #3
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

there are indeed lots of nice people out there. BUT there are also a darned site more bad ones . .. nice to hear that you were very fortunate to have had the misfortune of your bump with an honest guy who had integrity. nice one pete. this reminds me of a bump that my wife had a few years back after she was rear ended. lots of money offered up front to repair the damage . turns out he wasnt even insured !! could not do enough to rectify the damage done !! but maybe it was your lucky day pete .. or maybe not .... at least things have turned out for the better. ...
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2022, 20:25   #4
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

When he jumped out for his 20 reg pick up he looked like a shaven headed bouncer but I'm also 6'2 and 20 stone but I don't think there was going to be any issue He couldn't believe he hit me with as he said '' all his cameras and parking sensors ! He had his own company and for the sake of a few hundred pounds it wasn't worth the hassle of using his insurance company and the risk of my in his words '' lovely car being written off''
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote