Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th June 2022, 19:31   #21
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman2CV View Post
I was trying to be helpful by mentioning there is a pair on marketplace. The seller says he bought them in 2016 from Rimmers and they have a hologram sticker on . They were for his car but never fitted. He sounds very genuine bloke. From the above posts i learn they may not be genuine so best not to buy them, but i have the sellers contact number if anyone wants to have a look.
I think the Chinese ones had a picture of an elephant on them. When I did mine Rimmers supplied one side Chinese and the other Indian. When I asked if they had any Chinese arms to replace the Indian they said all they had for that side now was Indian stock.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2022, 19:54   #22
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

The DMGRS ‘new’ ones are stamped DMGRS. So there can be no doubt about the veracity of the item. They spent a lot of money upfront to get these made for us Rover/MG owners.
Old 15th June 2022, 16:01   #23
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

A small update, tried Facebook marketplace and a few other sources but to no avail.

Sent Rimmer's a message via Facebook and the reply states the genuine mgr arms are made in china, not India.

(My message simply asked if the genuine mgr arms were made in India)

As I understand it, if xpart supply parts to companies such as Rimmer's, Rimmer's and the such can advertise these as "genuine" simply because xpart was the original supplier to mgr, xoart approach companies to manufacture required components to "requirements".

All things considered, I could really do with the car back in the road but.. is this going to be another one of those cases of paying more and not getting the quality, if I just wait I could save 100 quid and have the dmgrs arms that as far as I can tell haven't had a single complaint.
Been here a few times before unfortunately then regretted and ended up paying out twice due to duff parts.

Would it be best just to wait?

Thanks
Rob
biffa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2022, 19:03   #24
operamagorum
Loves to post

BMW 330i Touring

I had DMGRS upper and lower arms fitted this past weekend. Chris reported that they fitted exactly and that he was impressed with them.
Hope this helps
Regards
Geoff
operamagorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2022, 08:18   #25
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
I think the Chinese ones had a picture of an elephant on them. When I did mine Rimmers supplied one side Chinese and the other Indian. When I asked if they had any Chinese arms to replace the Indian they said all they had for that side now was Indian stock.
Found the idea of an elephant on Chinese products a bit difficult to believe so checked my SAIC ones up in the attic. Stamped on the upper side is a logo of a circle with a triangle within a triangle and stamped to the side "CN A11"

So if Rimmer's claim to have the Chinese ones, a detailed photo should prove it.

Now if DMGRS could do the same with genuine 88 deg V6 thermostats those in the know would avoid the Xpart ones and DMGRS would be the one stop source for those too.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2022, 08:43   #26
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Found the idea of an elephant on Chinese products a bit difficult to believe so checked my SAIC ones up in the attic. Stamped on the upper side is a logo of a circle with a triangle within a triangle and stamped to the side "CN A11"

So if Rimmer's claim to have the Chinese ones, a detailed photo should prove it.

Now if DMGRS could do the same with genuine 88 deg V6 thermostats those in the know would avoid the Xpart ones and DMGRS would be the one stop source for those too.

Regards
This was my thread about rear arms, if you look at the 11th photo (I think), you can see the elephant logo on the Chinese arm. You may also notice that both the Chinese and the Indian arm have the MGR hologram sticker on them.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...6&postcount=31

They may not be perfect, but they were a lot better than the arms that came off, and I ended up selling the car a year later.
Old 16th June 2022, 10:44   #27
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Mine just have numbers 😎

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2022, 16:20   #28
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
This was my thread about rear arms, if you look at the 11th photo (I think), you can see the elephant logo on the Chinese arm. You may also notice that both the Chinese and the Indian arm have the MGR hologram sticker on them.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...6&postcount=31

They may not be perfect, but they were a lot better than the arms that came off, and I ended up selling the car a year later.
Thanks for the reply, sorry but I still don't know how you can tell they are Chinese and while it might be a trick of the camera - is the anti-roll bar mounting central?

Even your first photo of what you say are the Indian arms have the anti-roll bar mounting in the centre which is usually the give away for the Indian arms which aren't centralised. Confused.

And Rimmer's can slap 1000 hologram stickers on them for all I care, I wouldn't buy them anyway, the only source I trust is the little corner shop outfit DMGRS and not the once mighty and trusted Xpart.

Thanks anyway
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2022, 21:01   #29
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Thanks for the reply, sorry but I still don't know how you can tell they are Chinese and while it might be a trick of the camera - is the anti-roll bar mounting central?
Because when they arrived they were individually sealed in bags, with stickers with the part number on, and ‘made in China’ written on it. The one without the elephant logo had ‘made in India’ on it. Honestly don’t know/can’t remember about the brackets, it all bolted up together fine, and the car sat and drove fine, with no knocks or unusual noises. But like I say, I’d got rid of the car within a year. And from checking to see if it was currently taxed, I believe it’s since been scrapped. Shame as there were a lot of new parts on it, but hey ho.