Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th June 2022, 11:40   #11
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Update: service AA has been by, can't help any further:

no additional error messages compared to TOAF with their OBD reader.
fuses measured, all ok.
Battery enough power.
cranksensor ok
Camsensor ok
spare key and normal key both tried, remote works.
3 coils listened to, no problems, other 3 coils not listened to.

AA couldn't measure fuel pressure, don't have a gauge in the car anymore.(!) But he did say that there is definitely petrol, because with a lot of cranking there is quite a bit of petrol smell coming from the exhaust....Can this therefore still be the Fuel filter syndrome?
I am having problems ordering the proper fuelpressure kit in Holland. The schrader valve is 7,5 mm diameter, all the kits tubes seem 1 cm diameter? Does not fit?

The problem arose after heavy rain, after which the trip meter was reset to zero. Could it be that the ECU is disrupted in a way, how can this be tested? Can it be reset?

Thanks again for your help!

Regards, Emiel

Last edited by Azur; 30th June 2022 at 11:44..
Azur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2022, 12:36   #12
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

The link I provided looked very similar to my own kit, purchased in UK pre-Brexit. I know it was from Poland but postage within Europe (not UK) should be quite quick.

Petrol ECUs don't usually suffer from wet like the diesels but any ECU can fail, which I have experienced on one of my KV6s. However the most common reason for non-starting later models is the fuel filter, some petrol might be reaching the fuel rail but not enough pressure.

I saved this link ages ago, perhaps they can test your own ECU? https://auto24parts.com/en_GB/p/ECU-...5-A0009-/16976. Yes Poland again, clever people - invented Toaf

Thought of a method of draining some petrol using the car's own pump - disconnect the incoming fuel pipe behind the battery and run a hose to a container, raise the rear seat and identify the pins on the fuel pump, black and white/purple (minus & plus). Apply power to just those pins and the pump will run until disconnected.

Good luck
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2022, 12:54   #13
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Hello Mike, thanks for your quick response and your suggestions. I have ordered a kit, need to be delivered this weekend because of the upcoming MOT. I have planned the fuel filter for upcoming weekend. Will report back. Thanks and enjoy the summer conditions there

Emiel

Last edited by Azur; 30th June 2022 at 13:54..
Azur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2022, 19:49   #14
Azur
Loves to post

Fuel pressure kit arrived, does not fit. None of the adapters either, I can screw it on with an adapter but than there is nothing to push in the valve itself so it is not working. Schrader valve diameter is 7,5 mm, the kits have a diameter of 1 cm. Pfff sometimes I whish......
Old 1st July 2022, 19:56   #15
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azur View Post
Fuel pressure kit arrived, does not fit. None of the adapters either, I can screw it on with an adapter but than there is nothing to push in the valve itself so it is not working. Schrader valve diameter is 7,5 mm, the kits have a diameter of 1 cm. Pfff sometimes I whish......
The Polish one? If so I apologise for the incorrect link (but said it looked very similar).
Old 1st July 2022, 20:19   #16
Azur
Loves to post

Hi Mike, no a different one, the Polish one would not have been here on time (soon MOT). So no apologise, I appreciate your help. Will investigate more tomorrow, have a nice evening, cheers!
Old 1st July 2022, 20:34   #17
Yorkshire GOC

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

For the cost involved i would fit a fuel filter clip - whatever the cause of your problems it is sensible to fit one.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2022, 20:41   #18
Azur
Loves to post

Yes I will definitely, thank you, but I expect one to be there actually. Will look tomorrow and report back.

Regards, Emiel
Old 2nd July 2022, 16:54   #19
Azur
Loves to post

Update: checked the fuel filter today and yep, you have been right, no clip is added to the fuel filter and a slight seperation has been noticed. So, I orderd 2 clips plus O-rings from the UK. They will be delivered in 10 days. Hopefully sooner. I will upload some images soon. Thanks and I really hope this will clear the problem.

Cheers, Emiel
Old 2nd July 2022, 18:08   #20
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Good news, but having heard stories of difficulty resealing the filter and you say it's only slight separation, I think I'd try tightening it so the ribs are in line and see if pressure is restored. You can fit the clip later when you receive it.

Good luck