Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
Looks fool proof.------Hopefully.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2022, 00:37   #332
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
The idea is to go back to monthly billing and not direct debit, the direct debit system gives them more control over consumers money, it also gives them any interest on that money they accrue by overcharging customers. A direct debit places total control of the amount they want in their hands, they can empty your bank account with their demands if they choose, it's time to stop them having that level of control.

I have been using DD for monthly payments for my electricity during the past 10-15 years with different companies and none of them have ever changed the debit amount without my authority. The process has always been that when a change is required the company makes a suggestion for a new amount and I either accept their suggestion or enter a different payment amount.
Old 11th August 2022, 22:45   #333
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Someone's got to pay:

https://www.theguardian.com/business...cron-price-cap
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2022, 09:02   #334
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

‘Company has to sell power at prices below market rates as ministers try to tackle cost of living crisis and support households’......

Well, there are losses that are losses and losses that aren’t losses. If ever there was a government that had a peculiar attitude to the actualite (no diphthong on here, regrettably) it is the French one. And, of course, a French company.

They are not suffering losses, they, EDF, are failing in their attempts to bolster the value of their holdings by inflating the stock value, and thereby gains for their shareholders. The 8 billion is figurative rather than factual and is a well tried product of, er, a fevered imagination in the interests of monopoly. It is also partly the French government with a furtive glance over its shoulder at Le Pen.
Old 12th August 2022, 11:06   #335
Borg Warner

None

Se the French are still having a spot of bother with their nukes:

https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...er-2022-08-10/

And:

https://www.dw.com/en/gas-shortage-w...any/a-62657502

€3,240 is around £2800.

Run on electric heaters:

Summer temperatures mean the heat is off. With winter just a few months away, however, tenants and homeowners are starting to realize that uncomfortable months likely lie ahead. They lack an alternative to gas heat.

It is almost impossible to schedule heating maintenance or have more efficient systems installed. Technicians are booked out, and there is a shortage of materials, such as heat pumps that run on electricity. Firewood, portable radiators, and electric heaters are selling out.

Technicians warn that the power supply is not designed for high additional demand from such devices and local networks could overload on cold days.

Had this happen in the UK with a gas supply issue, customers were give portable electric heaters as they had no gas heating. They all plugged them in causing the LV fuses to operate back at the distribution S/S.

It's looking rather bleak for the winter for us all.
Old 12th August 2022, 12:20   #336
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Well frack me. Fracked at every turn! We all face a coal face of freezing this winter (that’s 5 f’s in a row). Well 'oil' be so-and-soed, the point is made already.

We are all sitting on a gold mine while others count their profits and flat earthers trot out a dogma of planetary guff. Ground zero also means flat on your face with nothing to show for it and no way up again. A nuclear winter of a very different kind.

Note: UK industry is responsible for 1% of world wide greenhouse gasses. We are not responsible for it all. Suicide is stupid.

Last edited by wraymond; 12th August 2022 at 12:24..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2022, 18:04   #337
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Blimey! Are we going to be looking at electricity prices of £1/kWh by the end of this year? This guy says he's crunched the numbers in this video & it's looking grim for the new year.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2022, 18:55   #338
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

I'm surprised the movement Don't pay UK hasn't gathered more pace,less than 120K have signed up so far.They are looking for a million people to sign up and then cancel their direct debits from the 1st of October.We are not good at protest or civil disobedience so in a way get what we deserve.Sadly for many,who will simply not be able to afford to pay,a very bleak future approaches.Mental health charities have reported a huge increase in their workload,and this is before many small businesses are forced to close,house repossessions start to become a reality and we find ourselves in recession.And what does the government do to help? Answers on a postcard
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2022, 19:10   #339
Borg Warner

None

Not just us though:

https://www.france24.com/en/economy/...-begin-to-bite

Civil disobedience wouldn't achieve anything I suspect, as for folks cancelling their DDs. Well that will end well. Not.
Old 26th August 2022, 19:11   #340
Borg Warner

None

Interesting link:

https://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/