Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th July 2022, 10:30   #31
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
Do you plug it into the diagnostic plug to pick up the readings ?
Yeah. Like I say tho there are others which look exactly the same but are actually GPS speedometers which plug into the cigarette lighter socket and don't take any data from the ECU
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2022, 12:11   #32
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

I fitted one here (centre under the eyebrow) :

Sorry about the image quality!

left to right: double USB / Engine Coolant Temp / Webasto remote on/off.

SteveN
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2022, 15:41   #33
billh
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMG View Post
I'm taking a punt with this one - £27 with the 20% off voucher. There are others that look the same but don't connect to the OBD port and don't have Bluetooth - they're actually GPS speedometers. Will update on how it goes with this one which connects directly. Cheers.

Suewidfay Auto Car HUD Display, Universal Dual System Head Up Display, 3'' LCD Screen, Head Up Display with Speed, Overspeed Warning, Mileage Measurement, Water Temperature, Direction, for All Vehicle https://amzn.eu/d/iQ0BB3R
I have just installed one of these, after your recommendation, looks to work well, once I got the set up right. A bit disconcerting that it doesn't go off for some minutes after locking up the car- presume the car's ecu doesn't shut down for a few minutes after ignition off?
It's in the cubby hole on the right of the dash at the moment, I might experiment with position after some use.I think it looks a bit untidy on top of the dash.
billh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2022, 21:45   #34
cb750chris
Trader

Rover 75 Tourer

The other option available is to adjust the data held in the ipk to change the temperature gauge set points.
I have adjusted mine (diesel) so that the needle leaves the 'normal' position at 95 degrees, and the 3/4 position is indicated at around 110 degrees (106 degrees is when the cooling fan switches to medium speed, so I would class that as the point that something is not right on a diesel).
This can be done on all engine variants, but the set points chosen may be different - I have tried to keep her normal position for the normal temperatures seen when running my car, and then anything outside normal is reflected in the before position.
See this post for a bit more information

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...30&postcount=4

Regards

Chris

Replacement keys programmed / supplied / cut

Diesel 135 upgrade available

IPK virginisation and T4 matching available

Sorry, due to a big change in home circumstances, I am unable to do any large jobs at present, but can still offer evening time diagnostics.

Last edited by cb750chris; 15th August 2022 at 21:50..
cb750chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2022, 08:44   #35
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by billh View Post
I have just installed one of these, after your recommendation, looks to work well, once I got the set up right. A bit disconcerting that it doesn't go off for some minutes after locking up the car- presume the car's ecu doesn't shut down for a few minutes after ignition off?
It's in the cubby hole on the right of the dash at the moment, I might experiment with position after some use.I think it looks a bit untidy on top of the dash.
I think you can change that in the settings mate - I'm away at the minute so can't have a play with it but I think it's just in the same place you set the alarms for the various data / adjust the speed offset etc.
Old 16th August 2022, 08:57   #36
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by billh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb750chris View Post
The other option available is to adjust the data held in the ipk to change the temperature gauge set points.
I have adjusted mine (diesel) so that the needle leaves the 'normal' position at 95 degrees, and the 3/4 position is indicated at around 110 degrees (106 degrees is when the cooling fan switches to medium speed, so I would class that as the point that something is not right on a diesel).
This can be done on all engine variants, but the set points chosen may be different - I have tried to keep her normal position for the normal temperatures seen when running my car, and then anything outside normal is reflected in the before position.
See this post for a bit more information

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...30&postcount=4

Regards

Chris
That's amazing! I suppose the advantage with this little gadget is that as my KV6 was misbehaving I could see what was and wasn't happening every time I messed around with it. So for example the fan would come on at 100 but wouldn't cool the engine and the temp would creep up very slowly till I bypassed the oil cooler. Soon as I did that the fan comes on at 100 and quickly brings the temp down to 93ish. So it's been a good analytical tool but I suppose it you don't have any issues you'd be better better just modifying the gauge. If you don't use TOAF or T4 how do you do it?