Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th August 2020, 17:33   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Caravan mods/ improvements

Apart from fixes, I wonder what other have done to make their 'vans easier to use?

Amongst the many things I have done to mine, are..

1. I have added a 12v piezo buzzer which sounds when the water pump runs. Its a pressurised system and if the barrels runs out, the pump runs for ever more and will burn out eventually.

2. I devised a level indicator, to show when the caravan is perfectly level. It has to be perfectly level for the shower to drain properly. LED's flashing, visible from outside, indicate when it is precisely level.

3. I swapped all of the regularly used 12v spot lights, there are 16, to LED versions.

4. I added an LED to illuminate the 12v panel volt meter, switched by the awning light switch, which serves both to illuminate the panel and warn when the awning lighting is on.

5. I added a satellite dish input in the battery compartment, to avoid the cable going in the the window to the receiver.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 14th August 2020 at 17:37..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2020, 18:18   #2
rrobson
I really should get out more.......

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

Never did anything to mine other than completely neglect it... it got used and abused for a number of years and I eventually sold it on for £200 I think but I’d had my money’s worth out of it. When I first got it it was quite easy to level, however as the years of careless towing took its toll, I had to decide whether to have the front half level and the rear half sloping away or vise versa... probably explained why the roof started leaking too!
If I had a nice van I would have taken better care but it wasn’t expensive when bought.

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available
rrobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2020, 18:27   #3
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I’ve done so many “mods” to my caravan it would fill the page.

Some of them are}
hazard warning while uncoupled from car to move into driveway with the motor mover
Warning beeper while in reverse
Converted original twin 7 pin wiring to 13 pin

Sadly we have decided against using it this year as we think it is just too risky.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote