Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th July 2020, 10:34   #1
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Default Remove bonnet badge - how ?

Am thinking of swopping out my tired bonnet badge - is it just a case of flat blade crew driver to prize it off or does it need the hairdryer treatment as well.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2020, 10:44   #2
Chunky2778
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
Am thinking of swopping out my tired bonnet badge - is it just a case of flat blade crew driver to prize it off or does it need the hairdryer treatment as well.
I've used a plastic trim tool on the four I've done.
Chunky2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2020, 11:09   #3
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
I can only comment on the facelift grill badge but mine was well shot and already lifting in places at the edges. I (carefully) used an electic paint stripper gun on 'low' setting and a metal decorators spatula - the old badge came away in next to no time. Cleaned off what little residue remained with cellulose thinners and a final wipe over with IPA.
Although I didn't, careful masking around the edge of the recess followed by a few thin coats of clear spay lacquer (gloss or semi-matt to personal taste...) will seal everything off from the elements and give the repair a longer life.
Tip: Check the new decal fits snuggly inside the grill badge recess before you attemp to fix it, mine was a bit on the big side and needed the edges fettling with a file before removing the adhesive backing paper.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2020, 16:04   #4
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Warmed mine up with a heat gun then carefully stabbed it in the centre so I could get a hole to lever it free without damaging the surround at all and no damage under the badge either. I think there is a gap there so gives some leverage space
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote