Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd December 2017, 21:35   #7591
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusm View Post
I lost all feeling in my fingers, changing drop links.

You have my sympathy, Sadly my old hands are like that 30% of the time whilst the rest of the time it is just lack of sensation. Go to the Doctors you may have a circulation problem. I know why mine don’t work well and will just have to live with it, please get yourself checked out.
Glad to hear you got your new drop links fitted. I fitted adjustable ones to the estate a couple of years ago. Never looked back when the saloons time comes it will get the same treatment.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2017, 21:55   #7592
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdi90 View Post
Today I;

Booked the car in for 4 new tyres

Sprayed inside all the outer door handles with lithum grease cos they keep freezing shut

Whacked a dose of injector cleaner in the tank (double strength)

Purchased a 36mm socket ready for a service in a couple of weeks

Got over taken (but only just!) by the ZT's smaller saloon brother, the ZS. Not sure what he'd done to it but it was belching out black smoke like a good un!

Reminds me of driving back from Le-Mans a few years ago picked up a BMW about 30 miles out of Dover going my we kept passing each other over the next 450 miles. Was driving quite fast had the radar detector on. Anyway I was traveling briskly just north of the Scottish border when he decided to pass me. My 160Bhp tourer was pulling close to 4600Rpm in Drive when the 5 series passed me for the last time just as he was getting along side there were clouds of black smoke from the back of his Car then Thick black Smoke as the rear wheels locked. Whoops I think he killed it.
Not only that I’ll bet he used much more fuel than I did covering the same mileage.
I Love my 75s just hope they out live me I have kept them in good mechanical condition though the large dent in the rear quarter panel from Asda’s car park three months ago will need to be dealt with a near side internal trim strip down then a small amount of filler and respraying the panel will sort it out. It has some wax on it just now.
Ten years ago I would have pulled it that day. Sadly my old age is affecting my cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 19:26   #7593
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Belated Christmas lunch in Solihull followed by an airport run to Heathrow then home - 200+ miles of tedious motorway stuffed with holiday traffic made bearable by the comfort and calm of a 75 cabin. As the missus says, like a sofa on wheels :¬)
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 19:40   #7594
oxfordblue75
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon 1.8T

I noticed when i got my latest addition that it had a very weak nearside headlamp with an odd beam pattern at night so today i removed the wheel arch inspection panel and found the bulb wasn't clipped in and was just hanging , clipped it back in now all as it should be .I did notice the inspection panel no longer has the metal turn key clip but a clip similar to the rear bumper top clips. Also the boot carpet has no binding on the rear end like my 2004 , are these some more cost cutting measures ????
oxfordblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 19:43   #7595
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

Sorry to jump in on this thread but, do you think this holts flush would cure my blocked heater matrix after a "mechanic" put radweld (or something similair)in my cooling system after changing the thermostat on my KV6!
Neil
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 20:04   #7596
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilll View Post
Sorry to jump in on this thread but, do you think this holts flush would cure my blocked heater matrix after a "mechanic" put radweld (or something similair)in my cooling system after changing the thermostat on my KV6!
Neil

I doubt it, once that stuff is in the matrix its near impossible to remove.
Old 28th December 2017, 20:12   #7597
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

Thought not Andy, just looking (hoping) for an easy way out. Looks like it is the ZT-T all winter then!
Neil
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 20:24   #7598
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Checked my heated mirrors and washer jets on my new ZT. Wasn't 100% convinced they were working properly or at all, compared to my Mk1 ZT the mirrors felt cold even after being on a while but using a digital thermometer they showed a rising temperature - my Mk1s were warm to touch. I have a set of power fold mirrors to fit and checked the resistance of them and they were around 26 ohms so will compare against them. The washer jets on my Mk1 also seemed warmer - any idea what the resistance of these are?
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 12:11   #7599
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Wings and front and rear bumpers now ensconced at the bodyshop ready for painting, I have the drivers door to exchange for the much better one i.e. not full of filler and the chrome trims to remove.

However I think it's time for the thicker tee shirt

Don't you just love working outdoors at this time of year

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brr.jpg (130.9 KB, 101 views)
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 14:07   #7600
Richard1973
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

I finished fitting the walnut dash to the ZT.
Started on boxing day and got the gearstick gaitor swapped from the ZT to the walnut surround and fitted the cupholder assembly, the button surround, the eyebrow and the gearstick surround.

I had not been looking forward to removing the airbag cover as some of the bolts had been tight on the one I was fitting, and that was without the awkwardness of it being fitted on the car in the comfort of the living room.

Sure enough I struggled for a bit on the one on the car, and then broke the end off the security torx.

In a way it was a blessing as I ordered a T15 & T20 pair of Stanley bits, and they are far superior quality to the ebay special I was using, which made undoing them no trouble at all.

Anyway, today I removed the technical grey dash pieces, swapped the 75 clock for the ZT in the walnut dash and then refitted it all.

Fiddly pain in the watsit job by and large, and overall took me 3 - 4 hours but well worth it. Always disliked the technical grey.

Trickiest parts were getting the main dash piece to go back in and getting the cigarette lighter plug in the back of the fitting. Need the hands of a 5 year old for that.

Last edited by Richard1973; 29th December 2017 at 14:09..
Richard1973 is offline   Reply With Quote