Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th August 2009, 18:37   #1
Hattman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Synergy fitted

Hi, all. Fitted my Snergy 2 today, have to say really impressed. I was always happy with the cars performance before but it has really given her a new lease of life.
Many thanks to Rover Ron!!! :lol:
Hattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 19:15   #2
tonygardner
Loves to post

rover 75 tourer connie

have you done the egr bypass ,and air intake mod
tonygardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 23:01   #3
martin green
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 TOURER CDT 2002 & 2000 PRIMROSE YELLOW 75 SE

How easy is it to fit these synergy boxes>?
martin green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 23:09   #4
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Martin, it's very easy. Just find the plug for the MAF, it's by the oil filler cap, much easier if you take the cover off though. then unplg that and plug both male and female plugs into the matching ones on the synergy box leads. Do the same with the plug near the ERG valve, tie the wires and Ronbox out of harms way and thats it.
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 23:37   #5
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
Martin, it's very easy. Just find the plug for the MAF, it's by the oil filler cap, much easier if you take the cover off though. then unplg that and plug both male and female plugs into the matching ones on the synergy box leads. Do the same with the plug near the ERG valve, tie the wires and Ronbox out of harms way and thats it.
Ideally get a Pierburg MAF unit as well

Check out your PCV Filter as well - Recommended

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 11th August 2009 at 23:39..
Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 23:39   #6
martin green
Posted a thing or two

I lost it after the erg valve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mechanics is not much of goer here gents........how much more power does it give?
Old 11th August 2009, 23:44   #7
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin green View Post
I lost it after the erg valve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mechanics is not much of goer here gents........how much more power does it give?
ERG valve?

EGR valve

Does work. In most experts' opinions, they cannot see the point of having one fitted!

I've done it and it certainly does give a bit more of oomph to the engine, I think only about 4 bhp, But it all helps

Do a search of the forum, there is plenty of advice, also visit RoveRon's web-site, it's all explained here .....

http://tuning-diesels.com/Gallery/gallery.htm#eg

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 11th August 2009 at 23:50..
Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 23:46   #8
martin green
Posted a thing or two

dalgrad youre a gent mate..

I will give this some ponderous thought, as the miles go onto my tourer the Miles per hour must be dropping now mate.

MG.
Old 12th August 2009, 06:44   #9
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

:lol: Along the past few months I have fitted a Synergy 2, an EGR bypass valve, A jetex performance air filter, a new BMW upgrade PCV unit and have used Millers in every tank full. I can honestly say that it's a very different car to the one I purchased.

Vastly improved acceleration, mid range torque and driveability.

Regarding fuel consumption, it certainly has not dropped appreciatively. For me, the improved performance and horsepower means that the car is so much more pleasurable to drive in all situations, with instant urge and overtaking power, but I tend to still drive fairly sedately with just the odd burst from the traffic light grand prix, or acceleration when I need/desire. I love to waft along with that 'baby Bentley' feeling of opulence and smoothness, and the additions fitted have really enhanced the pleasure of driving, for me.

My daily commute registers at 45.4mpg and a jaunt last night recorded 55.4mpg overall, and even allowing for the optimistic computer, this pleases me very much. I personally bought Roxy for the beauty, comfort and elegance that I feel she offers in spades over most other cars, but the added power is a welcome bonus and puts a smile upon my face when I desire
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.

Last edited by ALPACA; 12th August 2009 at 06:57..
ALPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 08:05   #10
Reebmit
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Con SE CDTi, 205 GTi 1.9 (x 2), 205 CTi 1.9, 205 GTi Mi16, Ford C-Max 2.0 TDCi Ghia, MR2 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPACA View Post
:lol: Along the past few months I have fitted a Synergy 2, an EGR bypass valve, A jetex performance air filter, a new BMW upgrade PCV unit and have used Millers in every tank full. I can honestly say that it's a very different car to the one I purchased.

Vastly improved acceleration, mid range torque and driveability.

Regarding fuel consumption, it certainly has not dropped appreciatively. For me, the improved performance and horsepower means that the car is so much more pleasurable to drive in all situations, with instant urge and overtaking power, but I tend to still drive fairly sedately with just the odd burst from the traffic light grand prix, or acceleration when I need/desire. I love to waft along with that 'baby Bentley' feeling of opulence and smoothness, and the additions fitted have really enhanced the pleasure of driving, for me.

My daily commute registers at 45.4mpg and a jaunt last night recorded 55.4mpg overall, and even allowing for the optimistic computer, this pleases me very much. I personally bought Roxy for the beauty, comfort and elegance that I feel she offers in spades over most other cars, but the added power is a welcome bonus and puts a smile upon my face when I desire
Paul I can honestly say that your car mirrors mine pretty much on, fuel consumption, performance, colour, reasons you bought it etc....etc.......(mines a manual though) it seems like I could have just copied your post and say it was mine. I agree the car is unbeatable as an all round package.

Reebmit is offline   Reply With Quote