Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th May 2016, 06:52   #61
Bigal2218
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default What is TOAF?

There are so many references to TOAF that I feel I'm missing-out on something important. Will someone please explain what it is?
Old 18th May 2016, 07:22   #62
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigal2218 View Post
There are so many references to TOAF that I feel I'm missing-out on something important. Will someone please explain what it is?

No

Nige

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 18th May 2016, 07:49   #63
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
I'm sure that if anyone wants to research TOAF they will find enough about it using the Search button on the home page.
It's caused a lot of grief to members, mods and traders I am sure we would all like a rest from it now.
There is of course the TOAF website and the developers will I am sure answer questions, probably where the questions should have been directed to in the first instance anyway.
Old 18th May 2016, 12:13   #64
cb750chris
Trader

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
My views are simple really... as they arent charging or selling a product then why should they pay trader fees?

Traders on here sell things and make a profit, these guys did it for the good of the community, they made a program to benifit everyone and not themselves... surely thats contribution enough?
Hi Tom,
Can I just say, this is not an attack at you, but more how things are going form my point of view....

It may be the case for other traders on here too... But I had to become a trader to advertise that I can offer my T4 services. However I have had a grand total of 0 (zero) people contact me in the last 6 weeks.
The result of this is that I am considering withdrawing my offer of T4 services on this forum as it is not practical to pay £8/month simply to offer a service that doesn't return that cost. I don't charge high prices but I do need people to actually take advantage of my services otherwise it is not cost effective.
Now I am not saying "feel sorry for me" as I am so hard done by - I say good luck to the guys with TOAF. But people need to remember, when it becomes non-cost effective traders will stop being traders, and that source of help will disappear... In much the same way, when people complain ex-dealers can't do T4 work anymore - that is because the work/money isn't there anymore to make it worth keeping somebody "current" with the equipment.

Chris

Replacement keys programmed / supplied / cut

Diesel 135 upgrade available

IPK virginisation and T4 matching available

Sorry, due to a big change in home circumstances, I am unable to do any large jobs at present, but can still offer evening time diagnostics.
Old 18th May 2016, 13:00   #65
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb750chris View Post
Hi Tom,
Can I just say, this is not an attack at you, but more how things are going form my point of view....

It may be the case for other traders on here too... But I had to become a trader to advertise that I can offer my T4 services. However I have had a grand total of 0 (zero) people contact me in the last 6 weeks.
The result of this is that I am considering withdrawing my offer of T4 services on this forum as it is not practical to pay £8/month simply to offer a service that doesn't return that cost. I don't charge high prices but I do need people to actually take advantage of my services otherwise it is not cost effective.
Now I am not saying "feel sorry for me" as I am so hard done by - I say good luck to the guys with TOAF. But people need to remember, when it becomes non-cost effective traders will stop being traders, and that source of help will disappear... In much the same way, when people complain ex-dealers can't do T4 work anymore - that is because the work/money isn't there anymore to make it worth keeping somebody "current" with the equipment.

Chris
Hi Chris.
You have my sympathy! I have been told that an established T4 trader really scratches to make a living!
As I was once self employed I fully understand what it's like when you have to watch every penny. The problem is of course with Rover's a dying breed and other forms of diagnoses you either eventually give up or branch out and do other work.
If you give up then you have the other side of the coin from the DWP who are really difficult with those that were self employed!
TOAF could well have caused a downturn in business for T4 operatives but lets not blame TOAF fully for this, as I have said above other factors have to be taken into account!
Old 18th May 2016, 18:58   #66
Alex30013k
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon 2.0 CDTi Conn Se

i have been a member of this forum since day one, i moved over when the last load of drama started to support this club, but i read the forum a lot and its just petty with all the arguments.

All the old faces that used to have so much input and help others have left due to drama on this site

i am now going on the other forum now as its more "free" people can say what they like and in return there is more help and information.

if it wasn't for toaf i wouldn't have been able to fix a problem with my lcm that i have had for 8 years with out knowing. i would have never paid for it to be looked at as i cant afford to hook up and just try.

I do all my serving and work my self as cant afford to pay other people to do the work, so no one has lost any money due to me.

Thing is people have to move on and we do. its like banning people with mobile phones because they are not supporting phone boxes any more. its just silly.

I understand that guys with T4s say they are losing out money but it was there choice to buy the machine in the first place. But end of the day if any one brought one thinking they will make a living on it that's just mad.

the owners of these cars now are more people that brought a cheap car, as they are on a budget, so the costs to keep the car on the road have to be low and if it means using free software then that's how it will be.

Fair play to the guys that are investing all their time into making toaf. it allows me to keep mine, my mums and my gran parents car on the road.

Every one knows about the software now. they will just use the other forum to get information and this forum will be left in the dark ages with phone boxes.
Old 18th May 2016, 19:03   #67
carlos
Regular poster

rover 75 tourer

I have been using this site since 2007 and waiting for toaf since I got the car in 2004
but I am now thinking of leaving,
with what's been happening over the last couple of weeks I wonder if this site is any of what it once was, I think its now being run by and for the traders and banning toaf was a mistake, so I am going over to the other side where I will hopefully be able to get plenty of toaf how two's
I cant believe that I am actually embarrassed to be associated with this site. and I know I am not the only one
the actions of traders and moderators against the toaf people is all over the net and its this site that's getting the bad name
t4 has had a good run if not a monopoly for far too long
Old 18th May 2016, 19:05   #68
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos View Post
I have been using this site since 2007 and waiting for toaf since I got the car in 2004
but I am now thinking of leaving,
with what's been happening over the last couple of weeks I wonder if this site is any of what it once was, I think its now being run by and for the traders and banning toaf was a mistake, so I am going over to the other side where I will hopefully be able to get plenty of toaf how two's
I cant believe that I am actually embarrassed to be associated with this site. and I know I am not the only one
the actions of traders and moderators against the toaf people is all over the net and its this site that's getting the bad name
t4 has had a good run if not a monopoly for far too long
11 posts in all those years, you've been very busy contributing to the club then ?
Old 18th May 2016, 19:09   #69
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
11 posts in all those years, you've been very busy contributing to the club then ?
There are a lot more people who read the forum than post on it.
Old 18th May 2016, 19:10   #70
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
There are a lot more people who read the forum than post on it.
No doubt