Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th February 2010, 06:32   #11
moonstoneboy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer - naturally in Moonstone Green

There are special tools to remove the security bolts - so you need a mobile mechanic who has these (make sure they do otherwise they could cause you even more problems).

Yes, the springs do go and it is not just our cars - all these craters in the road do not help. Look on the bright side you will have brand new ones on the car that should cause you no more problems.

The other problems, once sorted, will leave you with a reliable car.

You could always sell it and buy something else - but what problems will come with that one?

Unfortunately for you lot, we are now stuck behind a broken train. We'll be here for quite a while but I don't care, I'm now on overtime.
London tube train announcement
moonstoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 16:26   #12
Bikerogg
Regular poster

Rover 75 connie cdt 2010-2011, MG ZT 160+ v6 disaster 2011, 2005 MG ZT 190 Ignition Blue

75conse and moonstoneboy, thanks for the inspiration. I tackled the job again today with renewed vigour. I bought some draper expert locking wheelnut removers but found they were a shade worse than useless!! so back to the 22mm socket and lump hammer just as I thought I had broken my ratchet it had freed it. On with the spring job bit of a pain to undo the shock clamp, ball joint, and droplink bolts but I managed it fitted the new spring and copper greased everything on reassembley. The brake pads were low so I have just bought some so I have to do the offside front spring and the pads tomorrow but at least the car is now mobile as the broken spring is the one I replaced today. I am a car detailer so I am aiming to have the connie A1 by the time I have done. I cleaned the leather last weekend which is now like new I will post a project thread as I go. Ogg.
Bikerogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2017, 21:53   #13
lipsee
Regular poster

Touer,diesel auto,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerogg View Post
75conse and moonstoneboy, thanks for the inspiration. I tackled the job again today with renewed vigour. I bought some draper expert locking wheelnut removers but found they were a shade worse than useless!! so back to the 22mm socket and lump hammer just as I thought I had broken my ratchet it had freed it. On with the spring job bit of a pain to undo the shock clamp, ball joint, and droplink bolts but I managed it fitted the new spring and copper greased everything on reassembley. The brake pads were low so I have just bought some so I have to do the offside front spring and the pads tomorrow but at least the car is now mobile as the broken spring is the one I replaced today. I am a car detailer so I am aiming to have the connie A1 by the time I have done. I cleaned the leather last weekend which is now like new I will post a project thread as I go. Ogg.
Now Mr Ogg you are experienced in removing and refitting front springs ,do you fancy coming down to London and doing mine,,exactly the same thing,I was lucky in that I only got about 10 yards before I realised,but as the broken end of the spring is cutting into the tyre ,I think that is now junk too.. God know who is going to fix it here down in the smoke...
lipsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2017, 08:25   #14
Christopher Price
Banned

None at the moment.

A quick eBay search revealed this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-D...ion2jhJcJyouWQ which I'm sure would be fine for your car.
Christopher Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 00:09   #15
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipsee View Post
Now Mr Ogg you are experienced in removing and refitting front springs ,do you fancy coming down to London and doing mine,,exactly the same thing,I was lucky in that I only got about 10 yards before I realised,but as the broken end of the spring is cutting into the tyre ,I think that is now junk too.. God know who is going to fix it here down in the smoke...

Last post on thread (before yours) was 19th February 2010,.......

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 8th February 2017 at 00:19..
Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 11:59   #16
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerogg View Post
Well done, it happened to me, both tyre and wheel went, and just like you were going to, I gave up and virtually threw the car away, worst decision of my life. It had been supplied by Jules so was totally immaculate,15,000 on the clock. Always regretted it, and it was a connesiour Diesel!!!
Ten out of Ten to you in persevering these vehicles are well worth it...did you have to use spring compressors when refitting new???
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 10:01   #17
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Price View Post
A quick eBay search revealed this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-D...ion2jhJcJyouWQ which I'm sure would be fine for your car.
I have a Y Reg CDT saloon with broken front spring. Codes are PL and JL which are Green / Blue. Will these linked springs from BestofBritish suffice they are Green / Purple. Does anyone have a link for Green / Blue at similar price.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 11:18   #18
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_of_British View Post
I have a Y Reg CDT saloon with broken front spring. Codes are PL and JL which are Green / Blue. Will these linked springs from BestofBritish suffice they are Green / Purple. Does anyone have a link for Green / Blue at similar price.

Makers such as Kilen,K-Flex,Lesjofos all supply for Rover 75 with guarantees? Equally there is our own DMGRS?
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 12:41   #19
berkshirelad
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE

These are what you need
berkshirelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2017, 07:37   #20
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Duh. Ive just read the item description on the Ebay link above and it clearly states Green / Purple is the same as Green / Blue and Green / White. Two of these just ordered.

Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote