Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th February 2017, 20:47   #1
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Default Diesel exhaust

Hi, I think my car had had a new rear put on at some stage.

However, the pipes look a little short. The end of the exhaust is about 3-4 inches in front of the bumper. This seems to make the exhaust appear louder al most like its blowing.

Where should the exhaust end?
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2017, 21:08   #2
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

The twin tail pipes should turn down ending horizontally level with the bottom of the bumper. Some manufacturers have turndown tips almost touching the bumper. Unless the turndowns have been cut off because chrome finishers were fitted and removed at some point, the blowing sound may be just what it is.
Old 11th February 2017, 22:21   #3
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Most likely a 2.5 exhaust system (rear box), I have one on mine & it is a bit noisy when I crank it. Goes a bit better though.
It has been on for two years with no issues.
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 08:13   #4
Bigal2218
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Diesel Exhaust

See photo attached of my 15-year old R75 diesel with its original exhaust. The pipes are visually concealed when viewed from a standing position. I had to kneel down to get this view.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exhaust01.jpg (57.2 KB, 31 views)
Bigal2218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 09:49   #5
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveluck View Post
Hi, I think my car had had a new rear put on at some stage.

However, the pipes look a little short. The end of the exhaust is about 3-4 inches in front of the bumper. This seems to make the exhaust appear louder al most like its blowing.

Where should the exhaust end?
HI Dave
Funnily enough I raised this point in the Forum a few weeks ago after having a new complete exhaust fitted. My end tubes are approx. 2" or so inside bumper are short and have a down angle of approx. 45degrees. I tend to suffer (as we have discussed in the past) slight resonance in the car which initially I put down to the tubes being behind the bumper, but was assured by more than one post that that is where they should be.
The only reply I had which I'm looking into, is that the system I fitted was Euroflow,one member said they had Euroflow which gave resonance(booming) they changed rear box for a Klarius rear box RR33D(which cured problem).
For sake of clarification I also spoke to manufacturer who stated that all Rover tourer exhausts end just inside rear bumper (cannot be seen from side view),anywhere between 2-4 inches...hope this helps...Derek
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote