Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th March 2018, 21:59   #21
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
It has a reverse switch wire that turns it off when reverse is selected though, so even if it was sunlight or headlights it wouldnt dim at all while in reverse
Of course, I had forgotten that

The thing is, I guess I always check the mirror, before dropping it into reverse.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 10:52   #22
hortonds
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer Automatic

Quote:
A windscreen swap is required, anyone saying you can remove the prism from the original screen and fit it to a non RSW successfully, is talking out of their hat
Sorry Brian, I did this and it worked perfectly (to my surprise when Phil did the T4) and is still working two years on.

I used cheese wire to delicately cut through the windscreen gel on the donor car, bought a pad from ebay along with 1mm adhesive A4 black rubber (to make the black mask).

Maybe I was lucky, but it is certainly possible, and I'm not talking out of my hat

Jobs done: Everything you can possibly imagine ... I have the "Triggers Broom" of cars.
hortonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2018, 22:48   #23
frankgoldstar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny Saloon

Default Developments - rain sensor and autodim mirror

Dear All,

I see there have been many discussions on this subject.

I said I would add a post if there were any merit in doing so and it is as usual, both an observation or two and a question or two, the answers to which, might aid others.

I used the helpful posts of the rover 75 brethren to get to stage one and changed my non- autodim mirror for the autodim off the old car. Simple, apart from the force needed to remove the old mirror.

If I was worried about the screen, I would have chickened out!

Then, to remove the old rain sensor. I noted that a "cheesewire" was quoted as being the tool of choice to saw through the pad attaching the sensor assembly.

Lacking a cheesewire (and the the manual dexterity to assure I did not damage the plastic window of the sensor) I used 0.3mm diameter nylon fishing line.

It snagged and broke as I sawed away. I then lubricated the line with a silicone oil (I expect fairy liquid would work, stopping the adhesive gel sticking to the line) this worked fine.

I looked for rover 75 sensor adhesive pads to stick it on my screen, but this search was not conclusive.

The good news is, the item appears to be a BMW E series standard item, often referred to as a "purple" sensor, with an adhesive pad of 55x33mm.

Fine and dandy, but then how to clean the old adhesive off the sensor?

So far, no answer to that, but if anyone has any suggestions, when I get back from working away (last three weeks, hence the slow progress) I would be grateful.

Best wishes, Frank B
frankgoldstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2018, 03:46   #24
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

The adhesive pads you need are here on the previous page:
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...0&postcount=15

Best thing to remove the adhesive is a good Tar & Glue remover and/or fingernail, a rather delicate and laborious task but nontheless effective.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2018, 19:58   #25
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgoldstar View Post
Fine and dandy, but then how to clean the old adhesive off the sensor?

So far, no answer to that, but if anyone has any suggestions, when I get back from working away (last three weeks, hence the slow progress) I would be grateful.

Best wishes, Frank B
Careful scraping with a knife blade lubricated with WD40 or similar will probably work, then getting the WD40 off is easy with a soapy cloth.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote