Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th December 2020, 09:25   #11
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

My 2001 built 75 doesn't have the plugs. Pot luck I'm afraid. Wired mine to the cig lighter 😎 well, Steve did 😁

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2020, 10:02   #12
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie-MG View Post
Hi Steve, does that mean that pre 2004 cars have a bigger chance of the wiring already being there?

My ZTT is from 2003, so I might be lucky on the wiring already being there?
It's very random across all the years. I've seen early ones with no loom for electric seats, and seen late 06 on wards models with manual ac controls and put together with anything left in the parts bin and yet had the wiring for electric seats.

I've always found that if you have cruise control then you'll have the wiring for electric seats, same goes the other way around i.e. if you have electric seats then you'll have the wiring for cruise control. They both must be on the same standard loom.

From memory I believe Ian had cruise control retrofitted on redfive when he owned the car, and I retrofitted electric heated memory seats when I bought it. The wiring was already there for both even though the car started out as pretty basic spec. Just at climate control aircon, highline instrument cluster and autodimming mirror but no parking sensors or anything else.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2020, 12:00   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
It's very random across all the years. I've seen early ones with no loom for electric seats, and seen late 06 on wards models with manual ac controls and put together with anything left in the parts bin and yet had the wiring for electric seats.

I've always found that if you have cruise control then you'll have the wiring for electric seats, same goes the other way around i.e. if you have electric seats then you'll have the wiring for cruise control. They both must be on the same standard loom.

From memory I believe Ian had cruise control retrofitted on redfive when he owned the car, and I retrofitted electric heated memory seats when I bought it. The wiring was already there for both even though the car started out as pretty basic spec. Just at climate control aircon, highline instrument cluster and autodimming mirror but no parking sensors or anything else.
Just to add weight to this , or at least another car to what you have already seen.

My manually seated 04 zt came with cruise, and had the wiring present. (Still has the wiring, but is now being used lol)

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2020, 15:17   #14
Arie-MG
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Thanks Rick and Clf for giving me hope as mine comes with cruisecontrol!
Have already bought the dashpanel with the heated-seatswitches and ofcourse the cruise controlswitch.
Its in woodfinish and I still need to paint it in ztt silver.
Now I can focus on finding heated seats!

Because it only comes with a on/off switch does that mean you cant adjust the warmth of the seat-heating?
Arie-MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2020, 15:26   #15
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

no on our cars the heated seats only work on one temp setting. If you'd like the seats to get nice and warm it's worth changing the thermostats in the seats as the factory ones stop working properly and prevent the seats from getting up to their full temperature. There's a how to guide on here somewhere.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote